Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Stop un-deleting my file!
2010-09-18 10:57
JCB
Account closed

Stop un-deleting my file!

Whoever it is (I can guess) who keeps undeleting my Bitmash.exe, please stop being purposefully irritating and leave it alone.

It's NOT a c64 release, it's NOT a scene release, it's a PC exe of something I thought someone might eventually find useful but after the constant irritating requests for source (I'm not 6, asking once is enough) I decided to delete it until I'd done a more complete version.

Seems kind of idiotic to have a delete option to then only ignore a persons wishes to have THEIR file removed. If you're going to insist on putting it back again at least a) Give me a good reason (and no, it's for history bullshit isn't a good one) and b) remove all the bullshit comments from it.

Pete

... 22 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2010-09-18 15:57
Frantic

Cut it.. No one forces you to reply to messages/comments that you feel are unreasonable. I can see that you are irritated, but.. just leave the whole issue alone and it will not be an issue anymore.
2010-09-18 16:55
Kristian

Quote: You have to state a reason to delete files, and I bet the file was undeleted because the reason wasn't considered acceptable. Deleting version 1.0 to replace it with version 1.1 isn't valid. If you don't understand this, better not add your stuff to csdb.

What good is "better not add your stuff to csdb" gonna do if you can expect others to upload it instead? Would it be deleted on request then?
2010-09-18 17:34
Marauder/GSS
Account closed

Quoting JCB
... As it is Mr SID himself (who kept insisting on me uploading source) told me that the file shouldn't be there if I wasn't going to release source for it...

I see no reason for uploading source-codes if you don't like to... there are no rules that you've to include source-codes for cross-platform tools, or am I wrong?!

Insisting for source-codes is the same shit like demanding the tools for other OS... if the author releases stuff just for one specific OS or don't want to include sources, then stick with it... be happy you got a new tool!

So just ignore those comments Pete...
2010-09-18 18:39
JCB
Account closed

I don't actually mind A (singular) request for source or even a build for another platform (presuming it's a simple thing to do as in this case, a single file C commandline thing) but in this case the requests kind of got ridiculous so I deleted the release to save me (or anyone else) having to read it any more.
2010-09-18 20:27
Count Zero

Damn - could someone please undelete the release in question? I want to comment again.
2010-09-19 00:50
Kickback

WOW!! I guess I can understand WHY they call it "The MEAN Team!" :-)

First STE and now this :-P
2010-09-19 06:18
chatGPZ

Quote:
What good is "better not add your stuff to csdb" gonna do if you can expect others to upload it instead? Would it be deleted on request then?

no it wouldnt. like i said above, there hardly is a valid reason to delete an entry, except it is invalid, broken, dupe or sth like this.

Quote:
I see no reason for uploading source-codes if you don't like to... there are no rules that you've to include source-codes for cross-platform tools, or am I wrong?!

no, ofcourse there are not

Quote:
Insisting for source-codes is the same shit like demanding the tools for other OS... if the author releases stuff just for one specific OS or don't want to include sources, then stick with it... be happy you got a new tool!
So just ignore those comments Pete...

yep, indeed. also get used to people commenting your releases like they feel like, often not the way you want it to be.

Quote:
could someone please undelete the release in question?

done
2010-09-19 08:20
JCB
Account closed

Quote: WOW!! I guess I can understand WHY they call it "The MEAN Team!" :-)

First STE and now this :-P

Probably just that everyone else has got used to the way things work round here or just gave up arguing about it a long time ago ;)
2010-09-19 08:50
MC
Account closed

CSDb should stick to official releases by sceners only or it will become a bullshit database. Nothing and nobody is helped by keeping a bugged working copy of every attempt to a release.

JCB on the other hand should not have uploaded and think twice the next time. CSDb is not a means of distribution, its an archive.

Next thread please. ;)
2010-09-19 09:05
Count Zero

Hah, we can pick up right there and start to argue wether a basic loader by french school kids to an ABC release is a scene release as well. Here the fraction of people should jump in yelling "all c64 related material not commercially published is scene!". And thats why not even cnet tool crap gets deleted but receives a /b/amount of comments... :)
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
radius75
REBEL 1
wil
bugjam
Higgie/Kraze/Slackers
GI-Joe/MYD!