Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Stop un-deleting my file!
2010-09-18 10:57
JCB
Account closed

Stop un-deleting my file!

Whoever it is (I can guess) who keeps undeleting my Bitmash.exe, please stop being purposefully irritating and leave it alone.

It's NOT a c64 release, it's NOT a scene release, it's a PC exe of something I thought someone might eventually find useful but after the constant irritating requests for source (I'm not 6, asking once is enough) I decided to delete it until I'd done a more complete version.

Seems kind of idiotic to have a delete option to then only ignore a persons wishes to have THEIR file removed. If you're going to insist on putting it back again at least a) Give me a good reason (and no, it's for history bullshit isn't a good one) and b) remove all the bullshit comments from it.

Pete

... 22 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2010-09-19 09:28
JCB
Account closed

I think people are misunderstanding (again). It's not the file being here I have a problem with else I wouldn't have uploaded it. Unfortunately there's no other way to remove all the crap than delete the file too.
2010-09-19 11:38
Skate

CSDB drama is not enough alone. We need to pouetize this thread!!!

My first attempt;
@JCB: Everytime you delete a CSDB product, god kills a kitten.

Lets get serious now. If it's a popular PC tool like Timanthes, Project One, Goat Tracker etc. of course older versions matters but who cares about an unpopular PC tool? Let the guy delete his entry. He already told us he'd add a newer version soon, right?
2010-09-19 21:45
Steppe

Oh my god, the history revisionism fundamentalists are at it again. Hear their battle yell "WHERE - TO - DRAW - THE - LINE???".
2010-09-20 02:13
Kickback

Here I will dive on JCB's side real quick and show how PERSONAL opinion gets involved with management around here.

I have a totally dumb question: (hehe)
Why is it that when Wanderer deleted HIS files, SPECIFICALLY "Old Skool" this stayed deleted?

Now JCB deletes his file 3 or 4 times and MAGICALLY it appears back on here? Looks like the RULE everyone is babbling about is SERIOUSLY broken???

Or better yet MANAGEMENT is broken around here? I don't care much because I always looked at it as once it's up here, IT'S UP HERE.
2010-09-20 05:04
Jon
Account closed

Wanderer's deletion tantrum did not stay deleted.

No magic involved.

So yes... once it's up here, it's up here. Thank God.

J
2010-09-20 05:17
Kickback

Quote: Wanderer's deletion tantrum did not stay deleted.

No magic involved.

So yes... once it's up here, it's up here. Thank God.

J

Some where on here is a thread that has it in there. The demo (which I had a page in it, that's the reason I know) Old Skool WAS deleted and NEVER undeleted? And to top it off he boasted about it IN a thread here? Yup yup might as well blow this thread up :-)

Search threads its in there, I'm too lazy.
2010-09-20 05:35
Jon
Account closed

Then repost it. Wanderer tried to burn this place down when he left. Most of it was undeleted. If your little pet demo or whatever flew under the radar, fix it and lock it.

J
2010-09-20 05:38
chatGPZ

Quote:
The demo (which I had a page in it, that's the reason I know) Old Skool WAS deleted and NEVER undeleted?

if thats really the case, then it should be found and undeleted aswell. (however, from a quick look, i cant find any such entry).

we actually undeleted a LOT of stuff after mr wanderer went berzerk, could be we missed some :)
2010-09-20 09:06
Stainless Steel

Quoting Pete
Probably just that everyone else has got used to the way things work round here or just gave up arguing about it a long time ago ;)
Thats what we keep trying to tell you :-D
2010-09-20 12:21
Kickback

Quoting Ninjasbane
Then repost it. Wanderer tried to burn this place down when he left. Most of it was undeleted. If your little pet demo or whatever flew under the radar, fix it and lock it.

J

But see THAT'S the point I am making? If someone POSTS about deleting a entry and it goes WITHOUT being UNDELETED then you don't think there is a issue with the rules?

Quoting Groepaz
if thats really the case, then it should be found and undeleted aswell. (however, from a quick look, i cant find any such entry).

we actually undeleted a LOT of stuff after mr wanderer went berzerk, could be we missed some :)

This was the first release of like 2008 or something? New Years demo, it shouldn't be too hard to find?

Again let me make it clear I really don't give a shit about it at all. Cause I would have easily uploaded it, but due to the NATURE of this guy I just felt it left to be dead!

I was just pointing out that MAYBE there is an issue here? Nothing more, not trying to rattle anyone at all. I just noticed over the years that a good amount of users DO complain and get frustrated because there email's are not responded to so BAM a new thread opens with complaints?

But it is what it is to me like I said once it's up here I say it's CSDB's PERIOD.

Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
t0m3000/HF^BOOM!^IBX
acrouzet/G★P
zscs
E$G/hOKUtO fOrcE
A3/AFL
Jammer