Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > Requests > Looking for Pictures of the Fat Count Zero !
2004-01-03 01:05
Secret Man / The real Elite
Account closed

Looking for Pictures of the Fat Count Zero !

I have some time and i decided to make a book with ugly people.So take a look in your collections and send fat Pictures of Count Kilo to me.

Thanx in advance

Secret Man

... 322 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2004-01-14 22:15
Westbam
Account closed

Count Zero:

It had always been Legend policy to check up on our wares before we released them. Every single crack had been playtested completely before it got spread. I for myself played Toki through on the Legend version (of course I had trainers turned on, wouldn´t really want to waste more time than urgently needed...).

I am sure I have this ware (the imported NTSC fixed one aswell as the PAL version) and I will try to dig it up for you asap.

I also have to add that there was one single game we had to release on a 100% basis again. This title was Sleepwalker by Ocean. This crack had been messed up by apprentice member Darklord although *I* personally told him to back his crack up and make sure it works. He thought he was some god and didn´t. Result was the level decrunch would crash after Level One. A 100% version had been released immediately courtesy of Powerplant/Legend. Darklord had been removed from Legend roster right after as he wouldn´t want to reach up to our high quality standards...

Yours, Westbam / Legend
2004-01-14 22:24
chatGPZ

Quote: oh sorry...

im not a legend nor elite
im not an oldschool scener at all and never did crack a single game!

all i know that being on a party, make part of a scene and ragging on a c64 is real fun ;-)
i never cared about any bad behaviour of any scener because someone tells me that i am a lamer or whatever. point is that midfit, radar, seret lady, count zero and scener xzy all are from an old scene. a scene newcomers never participated in. they perhaps know the names but never met those elite.

so, now you only can talk about past times and bring your old scenewars to life, okay...if thats the thing you want.

i share oxbows point of view when he says that making an argument was important in the past and it still is.
and maybe this is something i miss in todays scene.

btw: what do you oldskool-elite-scene-ppl think about the parties of today, the magazines and the software??? most of the time i only hear negative words and then followed by the magic words: 10, 15 years ago when we were in the scene...blabla...

-drake- east west asbest

thing is (and now i won't make many friends along the so called oldschool elite) that most of these people probably couldnt do anything along the lines of todays quality "standards". its just easy to say that "back then" you ruled and today noone couldnt do anything because of the groundwork they layed. however even if this is partly true i doubt we wouldnt use open sideborders by now if 1001 hadnt showed us how to do it, and the same applies to any other topic along these tech issues.

bla, this whole discussion is just ridiculous, and nowhere as funny as the good old board ragging (mostly due to the fact that no clueless pricks would have access to the bbs at all).

and whoever wishes to muck about that what i said in my first sentence is not true => release a decent c64 related production, or *get lost*. noone carez about how much you rule in xbox (or whatever else) scene these days, atleast not here.

and 1337 emule skills are almost as interisting as your 1337 stamp licking skills from the past.

bah. just amazing how ppl suddenly pop up from nowhere just to show how little they managed to realise that the world changed and make a fool out of themselves. just imagine someone from the pdp9 scene had popped up in the 80s just to tell you how pathetic your childish game hacking is, and that you could only do it because of them doing all the hard punchcard work in the 70s. you laugh? yes indeed.
2004-01-14 22:40
midfit
Account closed

Well Groepaz. And I guess now we won't make friends. I accept and realize your opinion. But I think it isn't that easy. I presume you used your arguments to provocate a reply. In my eyes you are falling into the same pit like some others before in this thread. If you say that the "socalled" oldskool sceners couldn't manage to release something according to nowadays quality standards, you are placing up assumptions that these people are inactive or sharing their time at what ppl like Secret Man are big at (Emule)! Or that you are the only one who knows about nowadays quality standards. We heard about evolution and we heard that times are changing. Don't you think that there are several of these dudes who actually realized that long before?
2004-01-14 22:53
drake
Account closed

would i add the following:

there is no 'real scene' anymore or there must be something new to add to this scene what bring some spirit in it as there is nothing to crack or whatever to get credits or to deserve some respect....

maybe you all reached your highest point and thats the fact you have to live with that. other ppl (newcomers) will take your place and will be the coders/graphicians or musicians from tomorrow. its nice to know that the retro-feeling is back.. 80's are a 'hot' item now ;-)

btw: as i stated before, im not ragging on oldskool neither newcomers jsut because i pay a big respect for the old guys who made the scene big. i have a respect for everybody who love this great 8bit machine.

i don't tell this to make friends, groupaz. sure as hell there are ppl i don't like in this scene.
2004-01-14 23:12
chatGPZ

Quote: Well Groepaz. And I guess now we won't make friends. I accept and realize your opinion. But I think it isn't that easy. I presume you used your arguments to provocate a reply. In my eyes you are falling into the same pit like some others before in this thread. If you say that the "socalled" oldskool sceners couldn't manage to release something according to nowadays quality standards, you are placing up assumptions that these people are inactive or sharing their time at what ppl like Secret Man are big at (Emule)! Or that you are the only one who knows about nowadays quality standards. We heard about evolution and we heard that times are changing. Don't you think that there are several of these dudes who actually realized that long before?

1) i'm not assuming anything, all i am saying is that noone here carez about what you or anyone else is up to in the pc/ps2/xbox/idontknowwhat scene since it doesnt matter here. and yes, no matter how many firstreleases your group had in the pc/ps2/xbox/blabla scene lately, you have still been inactive in terms of c64. and saying that, i am not disregarding the work in other scenes at all (after all, i mostly fall into that cathegory myself, doing little c64 work these days and beeing active on console mostly - still this isnt the place to muck about it)
2) i am for sure not setting todays quality standards, nor am i the only one who knows them. grab a few of the recently released demos and see yourself (those from the top10 here should do the job quite well). and well, i am not really talking about quality standards concerning cracks and all - we are probably mostly sharing the same opinion in that context. since there is no more firstrelease scene anymore, no time pressure and all, its just natural that quality increases
3) webforum is for weenies, go do sth on c64 :)
2004-01-14 23:32
drake
Account closed

4) 8-)
2004-01-14 23:40
chatGPZ

Quote: would i add the following:

there is no 'real scene' anymore or there must be something new to add to this scene what bring some spirit in it as there is nothing to crack or whatever to get credits or to deserve some respect....

maybe you all reached your highest point and thats the fact you have to live with that. other ppl (newcomers) will take your place and will be the coders/graphicians or musicians from tomorrow. its nice to know that the retro-feeling is back.. 80's are a 'hot' item now ;-)

btw: as i stated before, im not ragging on oldskool neither newcomers jsut because i pay a big respect for the old guys who made the scene big. i have a respect for everybody who love this great 8bit machine.

i don't tell this to make friends, groupaz. sure as hell there are ppl i don't like in this scene.

as for the lack of a "real scene" - yes indeed, there is no more way of earning respect in a short timescale (by releasing some cracks as fast as possible). but for sure as hell there are still other ways to gain respect, but all of them require skills that many of the old guys dont have (i am not saying they dont have skills, but they have *other* skills which wont help them much today).

and as for making friends...eh :) there are for sure better ways than posting on a webforum. and i'm not a friend of all that newschool "we are family" crap either. no wonder everyone and his dog thinks he's elite these days :=P
2004-01-14 23:50
Street Tuff

hi!

there is just one good thing about this thread.
old sceeners like westbam pop up out of nowhere and tell
their story about the past.
westbam didn't rag neither he insulted anyone. he just
told his point of view *respect*

westbam: i hope you're still in contact with tyree. had
lot's of fun with you and him on the party's in the past.

p.s.
this topic is absolute rubbish. if you know c0untz3r0 personally you know why you should pay respect to him. he is still a good friend and nothing will change that.

one point that i didn't get is why old groupmates pop up
out of nowhere aswell and start a ragwar like in the past
on the boards or on SH.

secret man: just calm down. don't insult people.
all of us advanced in our knowledge and personality.
there could be a much higher level of conversation in another thread on this forum.

like what actually was in the past?
what did you liked/disliked in releases of group xyz?
what have been the most inovative demo/intro effects of group xyz? and so on ....

sincerly
street tuff
2004-01-14 23:55
drake
Account closed

well, as far as it does matter at all, i suggest we plan a dating csdb for those who want to amke friends in the scene.

serious now, im looking forward to some parties to watch if there are some cool demos or fresh ideas. im still waiting for those who can explain me something about how to pack and crunch files and multi-files. packing is something everyone can do...but which packer/cruncher you can use best for what prg? that kind of questions.

thats only an example and there are still more questions which are usefull for newbees and sceners. tips and tricks ;-) share your vision and knowledge!!

drake -this flight never ends-
2004-01-15 09:37
Westbam
Account closed

Street Tuff:

Actually I haven´t heard from Tyree in years. Last thing I heard from him along time ago was that he was in jail (once again)... Kind of sad that he cannot get his life in shape... He was a nice guy although he could also be considered weird sometimes...

I have to agree on that Count Zero definately distributed to the Commodore 64 scene. Although I don´t agree on his threat on how he compares people cracking Toki more than 10 years after Legend. We were the first to deprotect these cartridge games. If it was so damn easy back then I wonder why nobody beat us to these cartrdige games back then. It is a fact that we released *ALL* Ocean cartridges first, so there´s no point. However, he sure was a good cracker and he knows what he is talking about so I we can have a serious discussion...

Secret Man didn´t so I don´t see the point why this loser pops out of nowhere attacking everybody and his brother with his lame insults. Total hummiliation has to be the only solution in my eyes...

Westbam / Legend
Previous - 1 | ... | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | ... | 34 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
da Blondie/Resource
bugjam
TheRyk/MYD!
SID6581
Menace/Spaceballs
Youth