Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > Requests > Looking for Pictures of the Fat Count Zero !
2004-01-03 01:05
Secret Man / The real Elite
Account closed

Looking for Pictures of the Fat Count Zero !

I have some time and i decided to make a book with ugly people.So take a look in your collections and send fat Pictures of Count Kilo to me.

Thanx in advance

Secret Man

... 322 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2004-01-22 14:29
Radar
Account closed

Quote: Daemagogy. Cracks are done for plain system even now. For example Ocean CRT version of Double Dragon needed to recode memory extensive scroller routines in order to fit the music in. Crack was made by GRG and Fungus. Cadaver helped with some ideas as far as I know.

That trick (i hope you understand how was it done) could be done in past too.

And why the hell would people need cracks for emu-only anyway?!? when all they need to get is CRT file (cartridge) of the game and start it in emulator.

So maybe also the other cracks which couldn't play music because of memory reasons could be possibly recoded too. Believe me after all those years you were inactive nobody degenerated so heavily that he would make crack for emulator-users only.

Roman

That 'trick' might be good (and we spoke about Toki and not Double Dragon), but still we had other positions to start at.

Let's take a few examples:

FLI has been done by Blackmail as the first in like 1989. In 1989/1990 they published their FLI-Editor and everybody else was able to use it, re-code it and to work on the routines to make them better and better. THAT could could be done in 1982 already - BUT the progress wasn't that far at that time.

IFFL has been invented in early 1988 as first by The Syndicate/Beastie Boys. At that time, it was still called MFL. In middle/late 1988 it changed to IFFL and after the editors got spread, everybody else was able to use it, re-code it and work on the code to make it better and better. The scan-routines got faster, they got transfered into the floppy-memory and the file was readable by calculated T/S instead of counting bytes - BUT the progress wasn't that far at the beginning when Syndicate invented his routines.

Those two examples show us, that there has always been a certain progress which needs to get finished. When we were learning our work on the C64, we had other another time with another knowledgement. When I was releasing my fist game in like 1984, I had other knowledges and other possibilities to use than in 1993 when I released my last game for Arcade.

The newskool is based on a bigger pool of knowledge from the scene of the past. When the C64 got released in 1982 and the scene started, there was no knowledge about the machine and we had to start with nothing. During the years, more and more possibilities got opened - the sceners from nowadays leeched that and are for sure into better coding.

And there you habe to compare the way of the wares got released with the time it got released. If you put those wares into comparisation, you'll see the best available versions of that time.

And believe me, if people like DOC (who did Toki for Legend) wrote that the music had to be nuked at that time, for the reason you just quoted out, it was the one and only way to get along with it.
2004-01-22 14:39
Complex
Account closed

secret man's ramblings about being a member of COMPLEX has recently come to our attention. We'd like to make very clear that secret man is in no way affiliated with COMPLEX. We as a group have a strict policy that NO member posts about their affiliations. As some of you pointed out it would be a serious security risk and not one we wish to take.

To Secret Man:

We dont know you nor do we want to. We recommend for your own self interest that you STFU. you are NOT in COMPLEX nor will you ever be.

Thank you all for your time. you may return to your flame wars. This public service announcement has been brought to you by...ah fuck it.

~Team COMPLEX~
2004-01-22 14:55
CreaMD

Radar, Radar, Radar...

Your argumentation is correct and full of insight, how could I ever disagree with what you say about progress and that stuff?

But you avoided to admit that you had wrong assumptions with emu-oriented cracking. I don't have anything against you, but when you will keep trying to do this easy manipulation all the time we will never be able to get into any agreement.

Also it's quite simple trick of shortening hardscroll which used for example lda $0428 sta $0400 lda $0429, sta $0401... into something which used lda $0428,x sta $0400,x. This is not a new technology, just a simple logical improvement of a routine. Double dragon used a little different code, but the idea is roughly the same.

Cadaver: "I remember Double Dragon had completely unrolled (speedcode) colorscroll, which was unnecessary. It was reduced by several kilobytes.." however he also admits that "But note that in Toki, such substantial gains would not have been possible!!"

So Westbam's is probably right, TOKI maybe won't be cracked properly for plain system. Who knows.

Cadaver: "Yeah, it's true that this "trick" is nothing like FLI or IFFL. It's just cleverness or stupidity of the programmer, and scroll-loops were well-known by then.."

Roman
2004-01-22 16:14
Secret Man / The real Elite
Account closed

Much new Fake accounts here.And sorry that i was is this lamer group Complex.

Radork: You never cracked any games,bcoz you are not able to show us one of your cracks.Loser.

Secret Man / Elite

2004-01-22 16:41
midfit
Account closed

FLI.. Well I remember Charlatan by Beyond Force. Actually it contained a FLI routine to fake the x rastersplits it was containing. Funny enuff that OMG/Amok (huhah.. Antichrist!) in his Sex'n'Crime commented this routine as a fake raster split based on a fake color routine considered to be lame.
2004-01-22 17:20
Anthrax
Account closed

Quote: Much new Fake accounts here.And sorry that i was is this lamer group Complex.

Radork: You never cracked any games,bcoz you are not able to show us one of your cracks.Loser.

Secret Man / Elite

Buahaha.. What a laugh. Son, you must be the most stupid liar on the entire planet. Did you really think you get away with this Complex bullshit?

And, just to help you on your miserable illiteration, the guy stated YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN IN COMPLEX NOR EVER WILL BE! So there´s no need for pulling you were in this group but it was lame blah blah.....

Face the truth, you sucked, you still and you will suck for the rest of your entire life. [CASE CLOSED]

Anthrax / Legend
2004-01-22 18:15
psychobilly/x-RSI
Account closed

Hello everybody known and unknown..

I was told some interesting debate is going on here. Apparently, this seems to be a misinformation. In fact, I have to realise that some people's development has stalled since the early 1990ies. For sure a tragedy for the single individual but not of my specific interest.

This observation goes perfectly in line with Christian's (Secret Man in this funny paralell world) request. It is a rather savage attempt to insult Andreas (Count Zero). His motivation is beyond my understanding. I used to enjoy working together with both guys in past. Christian has been an exceptionally committed group member. Although I never liked the way Christian behaved in the public (BBS at that time). In this point not much has changed. Our ways split when RSI was reborn by Irata and I joined.

My respect to Andreas for his appropriate reaction and for the most valuable contribution in this body of text. It has been a great pleasure to work and party together with him. He was my motivation to check this place but he absolutely does not need anybody's help here.

The rest of the conversation might continue without my comment.

Yours faithfully,

Stefan aka Psychobilly/x-RSI/x-Hysteric

2004-01-22 18:16
chatGPZ

this is getting funnier every day indeed :) just talked to a member of the complex xbox coding team and he has never heard of anyone named secret man, strange hu?
2004-01-22 21:58
Westbam
Account closed

Quote: Hello everybody known and unknown..

I was told some interesting debate is going on here. Apparently, this seems to be a misinformation. In fact, I have to realise that some people's development has stalled since the early 1990ies. For sure a tragedy for the single individual but not of my specific interest.

This observation goes perfectly in line with Christian's (Secret Man in this funny paralell world) request. It is a rather savage attempt to insult Andreas (Count Zero). His motivation is beyond my understanding. I used to enjoy working together with both guys in past. Christian has been an exceptionally committed group member. Although I never liked the way Christian behaved in the public (BBS at that time). In this point not much has changed. Our ways split when RSI was reborn by Irata and I joined.

My respect to Andreas for his appropriate reaction and for the most valuable contribution in this body of text. It has been a great pleasure to work and party together with him. He was my motivation to check this place but he absolutely does not need anybody's help here.

The rest of the conversation might continue without my comment.

Yours faithfully,

Stefan aka Psychobilly/x-RSI/x-Hysteric

Hmmm, at first I thought that doesn´t really sound like Psychobilly at all. His english was inferior compared to this statement. But however, he might have improved, congratulation and respect in this case.

Second of all, Psychobilly´s behaviour on the boards back then wasn´t really coming up to most people´s expectations either. I for myself had huge arguements with him. So either he forgot about these things or this is a fake account.

I agree on his opinion towards Count Zero. He was a skilled person whatsoever.

I consider it rather funny that this post is just discrediting Secret Man´s behaviour (or whatever you want to call it) once again although Secret Man expected to have found an ally in Psychobilly.....

Last but not least (although Scret Man can be considered "the least"), talking about Scret Man´s relationship towards Complex is just the way Midfit and myself stated, there isn´t any.

Westbam / Legend ...still waiting for any sight of Secret Man backing up his bullshit!
2004-01-23 06:30
Fungus

Radar: Correct. Also, I been around along time. In the scene or not. And we would never make cracks for EMULAMERS. In fact, I could care less about emu's. Everything we do is done on, for and to real 64 and hardware. I cant comment on how things were done back then, but I do have some rather impressive Triad cracks, and also alot more from Section8. The difference now days, of course, is the quality of tools. You are right, but huge pool of knowledge? WHere??? I had to learn everything i know virtually myself, with the exception of IFFL which I got from Midfit, and has since been improved upon by myself, 6r6, Ninja, Doc, and Antitrack. Ahh, I can see if you mean pooling knowledge in that way. As for cracking and coding... everything was learned the hard way, as it should be, and I wouldnt tell my secrets to you or anyone else, unless your in my group, and I respect you deeply of coz, which means you got a similar level of knowledge.

Westbam: Well, it wasnt very hard to make the sprites load in multiple parts for DD, and may also be possible for Toki. To me it was a matter of TIME and EFFORT. as it does take some time to recode such crap, and not everyone wants to do so. ALso, the scroll routine is less than $0100 bytes, was done by cadaver, and I fixed the routine to also
work on ntsc.

Secret Wench/Skidmark, please go die, we dont care, and flaming you isnt worth the time to type the text to do so. Your silly brain doesnt comprehend anything but the illusions you hold dear. So please, go fuck yourself somewhere else, where someone cares.

uff

Fungus/Nostalgia
Previous - 1 | ... | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | ... | 34 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Jammer
Brittle/Dentifrice^(?)
A3/AFL
Enforcer/Deers
Guests online: 82
Top Demos