Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user Coinoperator ! (Registered 2024-06-17) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > Requests > Looking for Pictures of the Fat Count Zero !
2004-01-03 01:05
Secret Man / The real Elite
Account closed

Looking for Pictures of the Fat Count Zero !

I have some time and i decided to make a book with ugly people.So take a look in your collections and send fat Pictures of Count Kilo to me.

Thanx in advance

Secret Man

... 322 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2004-01-25 20:20
CreaMD

Quote: creamd:
yep. as his agenda was already full (as usual) there was no time for him to be there again..we're thinking of visiting floppy 2004 but unfortunately i will not be able to go as i already took my free days in march and some free days to organize ps-party 2004. i will travel by bus (20hrs) or train together with a good friend of me. ;-) so meet you there.

Drake: Buss travel. That reminds me my trip to X'01 ;-) See you at the place then and a have a nice bustrip. ;-)
2004-01-25 21:03
Perff
Administrator

This thread will be closed soon. Read the 'News & Comments' on the CSDb frontpage for more details.
2004-01-25 21:29
Westbam
Account closed

Quote: This thread will be closed soon. Read the 'News & Comments' on the CSDb frontpage for more details.

Everyone on here tried to contribute in more or less senseful discussion in the ment threads apart from The Secret Man.

However, I do admit that sometimes the discussions became kind of harsh. I think this is normal and might happen considering different points of views meet up to each other.

Flames of this kind have always been part of the pirate scene. I clearly want to point out that I do not tolerate jerks like The Secret Man either that are just up to spoil the functionality of the whole (great) idea of this forum.

But on the other hand, I have always been promoting free speech even if this leads into some arguement some people propably wouldn´t like. But that has to be accepted if it won´t exaggerate I guess.

But if it´s the decision of the Forum Staff on here that users have to be careful what they right or in which way they write in order to avoid censorship, it´s good bye from my side.

This is not the way things should be threatened I think. If threads like the ones Secret Man has mainly built up would take over hand, I´d totally agree but fact is that these kind of flames are only a very small part of the whole board, I cannot see any problems so far. Considering the fact that he spoils the database would lead me to the conclusion to kick him off the board and keep him kick banned.

I for myself have been Co-SysOp on some of the biggest US Boards (Second To None, Telephone Anarchy, Gates of Asgaard etc.) and I never censored, deleted or cut a conversation for such a childish reason up to now.

As I said, a total war ground is of nobodies intention but as I said before, flames have always been part of the scene and it sometimes happens that discussions turn into flames, agreed. BUT, the flames I read on here up to now are more like kindergarden and no problem whatsoever.

This statement is ment as a serious point to discuss about, before closing threads or come up with rules how to behave. And, as I said it should lead into a discussion which means I *DO* accept different points of views as long as my point of view is accepted aswell...

Yours Westbam / Ex- Legend / Paradox / Razor 1911
2004-01-25 21:46
CreaMD

Quote: This thread will be closed soon. Read the 'News & Comments' on the CSDb frontpage for more details.

Good move. And while you are at it,you might also maybe lock Secret Man too, too many people think it's funny to play with him.
2004-01-25 21:53
Count Zero

And now I even made it to the csdb frontpage ... you morons !!!

You ruined my 1 post per year average, bored me off with non-sense craptalk and don't even have the guts anymore for real ragging --- whatever that used to be ...

... maybe because the basis for it is gone ... why not spend ALL the time you spend here and on "CHILDISH" BBS'es with further exploring the possibilities of the computer you trashed long ago ???

For THAT you people don't seem to have the time ... spending some 2-3 hours on reading up and posting don't appear to be a problem though.

90% of the posters here are worse than Deekay --- and that means SOMETHING :)

@Perff:
Close this thing right along with some accounts ... even mine if you feel bothered by me ---> just want to state that I never started such crap and people around know my opinion about forums anyhow. Geeks like these come and go luckily though ... in 2 months you forget about them until 2020 AD Secret Man poops up again ... lol

Anyone else who wants to catch my real-life bitch comments may msg me on IRC.

l8r

Count Zero/CyberpunX/SCS*TRC
2004-01-25 22:05
TDJ

The best thing about closing these threads is that I don't have to wait so long until they're loaded, because I kept trying to keep up with the latest contributions to them :)

But seriously: I think enough is enough. Sure there were also a lot of valid points made, but those discussions could be continued in a new, less-convulted thread.

Westbam, as far as the flaming goes (and I'm talking the 'war' between you guys & Secret Man here): I think you should understand that csdb is *not* part of the pirate scene, hence different rules apply here. And I think Perff is being very nice, giving everybody an additional 2 days for final statements instead of just closing the whole shebang down right away.

Now if he really would go further, trying to censor posts and putting down strict rules, then yes, we might have something to be worried about, but I doubt he will: he has shown to be very much in favor of 'personal freedom' in the past, like in the transparant votes situation (making it possible for people to give low ratings anonymously).

I for one think it would be a shame if you left just because the guys behind csdb act different than you have done in the past, as I value your comments very much, and you've proven to be able to have a good clean discussion (which is pretty amazing on any forum). But I do agree with the actions Perff took, and also feel that Secret Man
should be banned. Which, come to think of it, is a form of censorship in itself :)
2004-01-25 22:29
Westbam
Account closed

Quote: The best thing about closing these threads is that I don't have to wait so long until they're loaded, because I kept trying to keep up with the latest contributions to them :)

But seriously: I think enough is enough. Sure there were also a lot of valid points made, but those discussions could be continued in a new, less-convulted thread.

Westbam, as far as the flaming goes (and I'm talking the 'war' between you guys & Secret Man here): I think you should understand that csdb is *not* part of the pirate scene, hence different rules apply here. And I think Perff is being very nice, giving everybody an additional 2 days for final statements instead of just closing the whole shebang down right away.

Now if he really would go further, trying to censor posts and putting down strict rules, then yes, we might have something to be worried about, but I doubt he will: he has shown to be very much in favor of 'personal freedom' in the past, like in the transparant votes situation (making it possible for people to give low ratings anonymously).

I for one think it would be a shame if you left just because the guys behind csdb act different than you have done in the past, as I value your comments very much, and you've proven to be able to have a good clean discussion (which is pretty amazing on any forum). But I do agree with the actions Perff took, and also feel that Secret Man
should be banned. Which, come to think of it, is a form of censorship in itself :)

I agree with you on almost every aspect to be exact. I might also add I already had a conversation with Perf because of my post. We both have almost the same opinion on the subject though we would handle things different but that is ok I would say..

And we came to a conclusion we both accept I think. However, this conclusion does not effect Secret Mans presence on here right now. I think that Perf gave him a fair chance to get his act together.

But, on one topic I do disagree because I think if you build up something like this forum for and about the pirate scene you cannot just cut certain aspects out of it. It´s either the whole deal or no deal...

And to get this straight, I did not intend to bash on Secret Man in the first place, hence considering the wars back then I didn´t do anything at all. But I won´t let him get away for free spreading all these false infos about the scene and people inside the scene (e.g. COMPLEX!)...

Yours, Westbam.

But this brings me to another topic I thought about, how about putting another remark to the listed groups in order to add their Bulletin Board Systems?
2004-01-25 23:35
TDJ

I'm not saying we should disregard the pirate scene, but dude, you gotta remember: csdb is about much more than that. And you can't expect people here to follow the same rules you guys did 15 years ago :)
2004-01-26 00:00
Nafcom

Well, don't think that he is going to start a big censorship.
but some nig*a words had no need and well, basicly I can and do agree on what The Dark Judge says (which suprises once again me, who ever digged the weird rumour up that he and me do disagree :).

So far,

all the best!
Bye!
Joerg
2004-01-26 10:43
Westbam
Account closed

Quote: I'm not saying we should disregard the pirate scene, but dude, you gotta remember: csdb is about much more than that. And you can't expect people here to follow the same rules you guys did 15 years ago :)

Sorry? In case you forgot, pirating software is illegal, we didn´t follow any rules or laws.

And talking about self claimed rules inside the scene, forget it! It never worked, will never work... You´ll always have someone appear to go on some other streak. Question then is, how to react...

Now in this case, spoiling the database would lead me into deleting the guy right away without any discussion. Perf decided to give him a chance, that´s ok... On the other hand, his constant mouthing about how big of a scener he is / was needs to be answered tragically on the same level, i.e. flames, as he obviously doesn´t understand any other language.

I did not say that this forum could only be a part of the scene with all kinds of dumb flames all over the place, no!
But I don´t see a problem with some flaming threads here and there. Besides, these three discussed threads received the most posts in the last weeks by FAR! These three flames were the reason for several old school pirates to get vailidated on here in the last few weeks...

Westbam.
Previous - 1 | ... | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Earthshaker/Silicon ..
Medicus
jmin
Guests online: 110
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.7)