Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user jmi ! (Registered 2024-09-15) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #141198 : Refugees Welcome
2015-09-16 11:56
Bitbreaker

Release id #141198 : Refugees Welcome

I heard, this release needs an extra discussion thread, now go and throw shit everyone :-D

... 49 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2015-09-17 13:15
Bitbreaker

Quote: People who believe that at the hungarian border it's 'just' Syrians whose houses have been bombed by 'us', are completely ignorant of the facts and it's very little use debating issues when you even fail to have such elementary knowledge of this situation...

Feel free to explain it in detail to us uneducated, ignorant and uninformed people.
2015-09-17 14:33
Fierman

Funny I never saw people complaining about these excellent examples of 'freedom of speech' in c64 scene:

2015-09-17 15:14
Dr.j

i find it very humorist and relevant for the subject we are dealing for. John Cleese talking about the Syria refugees (for the ppl who didn't read it yet)

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent events in Syria and have therefore raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved." Soon, though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross." The English have not been "A Bit Cross" since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out. Terrorists have been re-categorized from "Tiresome" to "A Bloody Nuisance." The last time the British issued a "Bloody Nuisance" warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.
The Scots have raised their threat level from "Pissed Off" to "Let's get the Bastards." They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.
The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its terror alert level from "Run" to "Hide." The only two higher levels in France are "Collaborate" and "Surrender." The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France 's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability.
Italy has increased the alert level from "Shout Loudly and Excitedly" to "Elaborate Military Posturing." Two more levels remain: "Ineffective Combat Operations" and "Change Sides."
The Germans have increased their alert state from "Disdainful Arrogance" to "Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs." They also have two higher levels: "Invade a Neighbour" and "Lose."
Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels ..
The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.
Australia, meanwhile, has raised its security level from "No worries" to "She'll be right, Mate." Two more escalation levels remain: "Crikey! I think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend!" and "The barbie is cancelled." So far no situation has ever warranted use of the last final escalation level.
Regards, John Cleese British writer, actor, and tall person
2015-09-17 15:27
Dr.j

When a man is going to die or suffer extremely (or his family are in a real danger ), he don't give a fuck to his religion or faith or land therefore a lot of the refugees are changing their faith to christian to be saved to a better world . this make wars of religious cause (like ISIS) to primitive and stupid and unacceptable. ppl should to wring the source of the massive transportation of refugees which is ISIS which take control on a lot of Syria cities and Lybia and doing horrible acts which i i don't want to describe. the refugees is a cause not the source. so make solution for the source :)
2015-09-17 16:05
wysiwtf

playing jokes on country-stereotypes is so old it has got a beard from here to Oslo.
nevertheless I have to admit I had to laugh ;D
2015-09-17 17:07
Tao

Quoting Isildur

I meant their arrogant behavior (riot) not religion.
And about EU fascism, hmmm... this is a quotation about Islam:
"Islam teaches that non-Muslims are less than fully human. Muhammad said that Muslims can be put to death for murder, but that a Muslim could never be put to death for killing a non-Muslim."

How do you like it?

Just like Christianity then:
Deuteronomy 13:13-17:

" 13 that scoundrels among you are leading their fellow citizens astray by saying, ‘Let us go worship other gods’—gods you have not known before. 14 In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find that the report is true and such a detestable act has been committed among you, 15 you must attack that town and completely destroy[a] all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. 16 Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the open square and burn it. Burn the entire town as a burnt offering to the Lord your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. 17 Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the Lord will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a large nation, just as he swore to your ancestors."

(and before you interject that this is from the old testament, not the new testament, the new testament contains several statements as to the old testament still being valid).

Well, I guess it's not quite equivalent, because the bible seems very keen to eke out death penalties for its own believers too, for things as grievous as dishonouring your parents, adultery, cursing your parents, hitting your parents, not listening to priests, ...

That said, I'm sure you could find matching verses in the Quran too. After all, this is religion we're talking about. Different shit, but all still shit.
2015-09-17 18:19
CreaMD

Quoting Tao
After all, this is religion we're talking about. Different shit, but all still shit.

Written by people, reportedly dictated by god. Transmission errors happen...
2015-09-17 18:59
Sounx
Account closed

Quote: Feel free to explain it in detail to us uneducated, ignorant and uninformed people.

Oh please... Don't feel belittled now! No need.

It's different nationalities with different intentions. Hence my remark that just welcoming these 'refugees' is a simplification of a very serious matter.
2015-09-17 19:16
Hein

[edit]Inferior[/edit] Atari Refugees Welcome
2015-09-17 19:48
Smasher

Quote: [edit]Inferior[/edit] Atari Refugees Welcome

nooo! those atari refugees will code c64 demos for less money and we'll all get jobless soonish...
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Darkflight
haschpipan
Guests online: 129
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.7)
2 13:37  (9.7)