Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Feedback > please add...
2007-05-27 12:23
chatGPZ

please add...

...to your list of things that will never happen:

"make clear rules about what belongs to the database and what doesnt"

tia

... 59 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2008-01-15 20:17
Rough
Account closed

Dates for credits for intro entries should be editable. Music and Fonts used in a previous used intro are credited on a wrong date unless that option's added.
2008-01-15 20:43
chatGPZ

Quote: Dates for credits for intro entries should be editable. Music and Fonts used in a previous used intro are credited on a wrong date unless that option's added.

?
2008-01-15 20:51
Rough
Account closed

Also wanted:

Possibililty to enter time frames (e.g. released between April -July 1988).

To add a <?> behind any data to mark unsure information.

To have a flag to seperate "official" credits and credits for things just ripped (tunes, fonts...)

What's so difficult to understand, Groepaz?
Take Ikari & Talent Intro. Everytime they used this they had another tune, now when clicking onto the SID-related information a list of all the software it was used in pops up, chronologically, therefore the date which the intro (not the music) is used first is used, this mixes up proper chronological order and gives false information.
2008-01-15 21:12
chatGPZ

Quote:

Take Ikari & Talent Intro. Everytime they used this they had another tune, now when clicking onto the SID-related information a list of all the software it was used in pops up, chronologically, therefore the date which the intro (not the music) is used first is used, this mixes up proper chronological order and gives false information.

ah ok. yes sid- and intro-entries are handled terrible. can't say i care a lot about either though =P

what i'd like to see is a proper way to link game entries with their related cracks.

and the "fuzzy" dates, yes. thats one thing i really miss aswell. (very often i know "this has been done before 1989" or so, would be nice to be able to enter such info)
2008-01-16 00:34
Tim
Account closed

Don't know if this has been mentioned,
but notification messages on comment fields entered on your added releases, is that possible?

I'm getting close to 100 uploads now and i'm already starting to loose track on some things.

It would save me some time if I could click just a button or two to get a nice overview on all uploads that have been commented on within a certain period.
Maybe it's already possible or just a good idea?
2008-01-16 15:59
Mace

Hey, what about a more powerfull search/browse function?

IMHO, the browse and search functions could be merged.

Personally, the advanced search feature is a bitch to use, mainly because when returning to the first page, all the input is gone after a search.
And it's WAY to big a page to go through... ok, advanced is nice, but this is overkill. Or at least the interface is.

I haven't given it a long thought, but somehow both features lack things AND have possibilities too much.

Why not give it an overhaul?
2008-01-16 19:25
Rough
Account closed

I'd like to be able to link demos, not only cracks, to intro entries.
2008-01-16 19:51
Mace

Ah, you know what I want?!

I want the FREAKING database to not only look for EXACT title match when creating a new release!
There was a "Solder One +", but when I made "Solder One" it somehow didn't appear in the search or whatever...

Perff, can you use the same search algorithm when checking for existing release as with the normal search?
2008-01-17 00:07
Tim
Account closed

Mace, very funny you mention that!
Recently I have noticed searches spitting out a few but not all releases. Then when adding a file suddenly it does show a release, re-trying the search function suddenly does show the file that was already in the database.

The first couple of times it happend (and it doesn't happen a lot of time) I thought it was a typoh, lately i've been wondering if it was a bug.
Ever since i've been opening a new window to perform a search, but -what else did i expect- ever since it has not happend.. next time it happens i'll make a screen dump of both screens to prove i'm not nuts ;)
2008-01-17 00:13
Tim
Account closed

oh.. and another "please add..."

I do not know if this has been mentioned before, but a 'sticky' in each subforum. This might be interesting for new sceners finding csdb for the first time. I kind of always missed this here.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
A3/AFL
Bieno/Commodore Plus
Almighty God/Level 6..
DeMOSic/HF^MS^BCC^LSD
cba
Grue/Extend