Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Fake Groups
2002-06-16 20:55
Richard

Fake Groups

Why do we have fake groups (lamer labels) as well as proper groups. I know some people may have released SEUCK and BASIC games, etc. but in the 1980's/Early-mid 90's, no matter what, A proper cracking group released these. Hotline, Triad and Mayhem released a few SEUCK games. Then some groups formed fake lamer labels known as 'The Bing0 Team', 'Urine', 'B0B', 'ORI' and a few others. Very strange.

Can anyone please tell me why we have these fake groups, when proper groups can actually release these games, like they did in 1980's or early 90's? Okay so you wont get bonus points for this, but fake groups is quite silly.

... 80 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2003-11-02 15:33
SCRAP
Account closed

Quote: i remember when Bad Taste started up i missed the joke, reading the third issue of "Bad News" was a bit of a revelation. Very nice intro, the big pic of Bonecrushing Bill and a the likkle blokey puking on the scroller...

i feel *really* old now. =-)

Funny that you still remember that Intro! Me and Antichrist had big fun doing it! There was a special "invisible" char used in the scrolltext to let bonecrushing bill puke on all that lamers in perfect timing... ;-)
And "Bad News" also was one of my favourite project! What an effort we spent in doing senseless things these days...
2003-12-27 19:54
Radar
Account closed

Quote: There existed MANY fake groups... almost all the major groups (1st releases) had a fake group... even the NTSC scene was full of them.

The most famous on NTSC is the lamer label AFROS. This group even released full price games from Arcade and G*P. :)

Oh, the old days when things were fun... why must things change?

When Arcade was around... you were not in NEI, so how come you claim to be? Something is wrong with you...
2003-12-28 09:20
Moloch

Sorry, don't see the connection between my post from June 2002 and the fact I was a member of NEI. Also don't see any connection between the fact AFROS released Arcade and G*P "full price" games and my NEI membership.

Something is clearly fuzzy in your noodle. Of course, we're talking about happenings from nearly 11-12 years ago?
2003-12-28 10:17
Skywalk
Account closed

This sort of thing give me good memories of seeing warez by The Lahmer Force. Hmm...

Anyway, If I see anything, which I feel is not worth releasing under the Blazon label, I release it under Lap Dancers or Fortress. Some times, I make changes to the credits, or ammendments, but only for fun.

Richard, as our fellow sceners have mentioned. Lamer labels are only for fun. They are not a bullying source. I hope you will remember that =-)
2003-12-28 11:46
Radar
Account closed

Quote: Sorry, don't see the connection between my post from June 2002 and the fact I was a member of NEI. Also don't see any connection between the fact AFROS released Arcade and G*P "full price" games and my NEI membership.

Something is clearly fuzzy in your noodle. Of course, we're talking about happenings from nearly 11-12 years ago?

I didnt know, that such a short delay to 2002 is such a problem for you.

Dude, Ive been in Arcade. If you would have been in NEI when I was in Arcade (yep, 1991 to 1993), then just name me ONE game which NEI/AFROS released from Arcade?

Can you?
2003-12-28 20:33
Moloch

Fartmut -

I don't know where you made the NEI/AFROS connection. AFROS was an independent lamer label - no affiliation with any groups.

The AFROS/Arcade release was one of those pathetic one-file olympics games. Surely you must remember calling me the next day - trying to threaten some lame "SWAT breaking down your door will be my next first release".

If I really thought it was important to remind you, I'd look for the file. But it's not...
2003-12-29 13:04
Radar
Account closed

Quote: Fartmut -

I don't know where you made the NEI/AFROS connection. AFROS was an independent lamer label - no affiliation with any groups.

The AFROS/Arcade release was one of those pathetic one-file olympics games. Surely you must remember calling me the next day - trying to threaten some lame "SWAT breaking down your door will be my next first release".

If I really thought it was important to remind you, I'd look for the file. But it's not...

Why dont you go for it and look it up? Guess you will not find it. Or do you have to make it first?

You're still that dumb fool and lamer you've ever been. First of all you didnt even remember me, now you say that I called you up and threatend with a SWAT-team? If I would have threatend you, you would have seen the tigers eye at that time. Believe me...
2003-12-30 04:30
Moloch

haha

People that still care about some 12 year old happening on a dead c64 wares scene are truely pathetic.

Oh well...
2003-12-30 10:11
Radar
Account closed

Quote: haha

People that still care about some 12 year old happening on a dead c64 wares scene are truely pathetic.

Oh well...

Yep, indeed you still must care about it. Like you proudly care about a release from Arcade which you claim to have released under Afros what isnt true and cant be proved. Idiot!
2003-12-30 11:12
Hero

Happy new year to all of you. See ya all in 2004. Make love not war : Shot a terrorist

Harry
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
zzarko
iceout/Avatar/HF
Alakran_64
Nordischsound/Hokuto..
Jammer
Higgie/Kraze/Slackers