Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > deleted Mommy They're back
2010-08-21 19:20
STE'86

deleted Mommy They're back

for the simple reason i am sick to fucking death of having my stuff turned into a flame war. and having the same flames fanned by Groepaz who as a fucking mod should be preventing this NOT trolling it.

Groepaz u love to quote rules at people so why wasnt the one pertaining to "release comments only, anything else will be deleted" acted upon?

... 66 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2010-08-22 06:24
Wile Coyote
Account closed

@STE'86

I see where you are coming from. Some time ago, I uploaded a release here on CSDb. Someone took upon themselves to post 2 inappropriate comments, both in the ‘User Comments’ and ‘Production Notes’. I deleted the entry, as I was its maintainer. The entry re appeared complete with original comments, with Groepaz set as maintainer. I emailed the mod(s) / Groepaz and received no reply.
2010-08-22 08:09
Oswald

thats the worst part of moderation here. you can email the mods, but you will get no fucking reply. nil.
2010-08-22 08:56
chatGPZ

if you go the proper route you will. always. (email is the wrong route. i dont remember getting any from you oswald though). ofcourse repeating the same thing and whining constantly will get you ignored. that should go without saying =)

and as for the comments in an entry - they are hardly ever a reason to delete an entry. and the truth is never inappropriate, not even in an antry like Dark Dream.

YOU wec, got a reply. twice. ofcourse you ignored it and tried again and again and again and thats why the entry got locked. and it wasn't me deciding it, it was decided by all mods (and you generally can assume we discuss shit like this internally). and it was finally locked by me, because - scroll back and read what i already said - the other moderators choosed to not give a fuck about that kind of quarrels, and since i was declared the evil nazi moderator pig by some of you already anyway, i can just aswell do the dirty work and have the other mods work peacefully and not waste their precious time with that bullshit. i can live with that :)

and now, really, go make a demo about it. all of you.
2010-08-22 09:19
Wile Coyote
Account closed

It would be a good idea if, anyone who uploads a release that they are involved with should have the rights to moderate the comments should they wish to do so. Not edit comments, simply delete. It would save having to contact the mods, who ‘seriously cant be arsed ‘ as Groepaz puts it.
2010-08-22 09:22
chatGPZ

that would pervert the idea of having comments quite a bit. comments are also for stuff that someone might not like, such as the truth.
2010-08-22 09:26
SIDWAVE
Account closed

A proper mod would enable the "Lock thread" long ago..
2010-08-22 09:57
Perplex

Perhaps it would be useful to add a button/link for each comment that lets the maintainer flag a particular comment for moderation? (You could even extend this to let anyone flag any comment, but such a user privilege should be revokable by a moderator if it is being abused.)
2010-08-22 10:06
chatGPZ

i am not sure if that would really solve anything.

some may remember how it all started and why moderation regarding the forum and comments is now handled like it is. at one point it was much more strict, mods put a lot of work and time into keeping the forum and comments "clean" - and the result was complaints and whining. then they stopped doing it (and some mods completely quit, because they didnt feel like dealing with that crap anymore) and the result was complaints and whining.

so, honest, i dont expect more than complaints and whining if such mechansim would be in place. what exactly would it change and why?
2010-08-22 12:16
The Communist

Quote: It would be a good idea if, anyone who uploads a release that they are involved with should have the rights to moderate the comments should they wish to do so. Not edit comments, simply delete. It would save having to contact the mods, who ‘seriously cant be arsed ‘ as Groepaz puts it.

In general the comment politics in this db is ok like it is. When comments are not offensive or insulting and just e.g. describe the quality of the product or discuss the product itself they can stay otherwise they get deleted like it happened in the past. And for your given example, I think you reacted a little bit thin-skinned. There is also something like free speech. If we would censor everything which could be ment insulting people would call us depressors of free speech.

2010-08-22 12:16
The Communist

Quote: A proper mod would enable the "Lock thread" long ago..

text above matches also
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Scrap/Genesis Project
Exile/Anubis
Fred/Channel 4
Lead/House Designs
Isildur/Samar
Perff/No Name