Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Fake Groups
2002-06-16 20:55
Richard

Fake Groups

Why do we have fake groups (lamer labels) as well as proper groups. I know some people may have released SEUCK and BASIC games, etc. but in the 1980's/Early-mid 90's, no matter what, A proper cracking group released these. Hotline, Triad and Mayhem released a few SEUCK games. Then some groups formed fake lamer labels known as 'The Bing0 Team', 'Urine', 'B0B', 'ORI' and a few others. Very strange.

Can anyone please tell me why we have these fake groups, when proper groups can actually release these games, like they did in 1980's or early 90's? Okay so you wont get bonus points for this, but fake groups is quite silly.

... 80 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2003-12-31 05:36
Moloch

Happy New Year Harry!

2003-12-31 15:03
Radar
Account closed

Same from me. A happy and successfull year 2004 to all of you and may the next year be better than the last one, without wars and fucked-up economies in certain countries.

[X] Radar/Arcade

PS: Moloch, I would be glad to share a beer with you once besides scene-life, so take it easier here ;-)

PPS: Was that me posting? Fucking getting old.... hahaha
2004-01-01 01:46
Moloch

I think it's safe to say all of us are getting older and "softer". :)

Hmm, six more hours till 2004...
2004-01-11 22:03
Westbam
Account closed

The first ever lame game group had been China Syndrome Inc. (CSI) established in 1987. That was long time before Bad Taste, Spalters and whatever showed up....

Hy Moloch btw., AFROS & CSi rellay ruled back then.
2004-01-14 11:42
primus
Account closed

Quote: Richard:

Triad, Hotline etc released SEUCKers and BASIC games under their label because the idea of a fake label wasn't born yet, the first fake group AFAIK was BAD TASTE, the lamer label from Genesis Project.

Mayhem was a lame group so they didn't need a lamer group.
Or did they have one?
Not to mix up with the American importer group Mayhem which was active around 1988. They have nothing in common.

Afterall the main concept of fake groups was FUN, it was great to see in the beginning to make people guess who the fuck these lamer groups are.

Other people wanted to release certain games to prevent other groups from releasing them (in the race for release points) but still didn't want to spoil their reputation by releasing crappy games. I never really agreed with the last argument as the cracker is not responsible for the game's quality.

After 2-3 years fake groups were so common that it became extremely boring to have them.

nice!

haha
2004-01-14 14:36
Vengeance
Account closed

Funny you mentioned that bad tase mag ;) was a beauty of a mag it actually looked better that Sex'n'Crime at the time.

But I guess I think the main idea for these FAKE labels was most crackers believe all games desevre to be cracked and shorted and the public need a better version.

If they feel its not worthy it goes under there label I guess. The theres the other cases like some fake labels started just to rag a other big groups. To take a piss in a
sense. These ones always amused me more.

Like everyone I found alot of these fake groups a pain in the ass and boring as hell. Especially as a swapper when you received 3 disks of bullshit. But these ones with decent intros, funny points against others always gave me interest especially the reaction of the big groups to them it was a kind of humliation... with retaliation ;)
2004-03-06 13:14
Crossfire
Account closed

Haha, I know this reply comes to a topic which is nearly two years old, but I just HAVE to *G*

The Bingo Team were the kings....The kings they were.. The Bingo Team was the lamerlabel of Motiv 8, and Brian-Igen-Igen was me...wow, yeah, I bet it all comes as a surprise...or maybe not...Fat Fucks were the lamerlabel of The Bingo Team - and obviously it was a joke, just wanted to take the whole thing a bit further - Weird, maybe, but man did we have fun *G*

Brian-Igen-Igen was a character in a danish radioshow during the 80ies as I recall. He always gave his opinion about various things and then shouted "De sku' ha' no'en baaaaank", which transelated means something like "They out'ha be beaten' uuuuuuuup!"....

Man, this topic makes my day a lot more fun! haha
2004-03-06 13:16
Crossfire
Account closed

Oh yeah, I recall Mason did a few of those TBT cracks aswell, think his handle was Casanova Keld, not too sure though...
2004-03-06 13:16
Crossfire
Account closed

Haha, I know this reply comes to a topic which is nearly two years old, but I just HAVE to *G*

The Bingo Team were the kings....The kings they were.. The Bingo Team was the lamerlabel of Motiv 8, and Brian-Igen-Igen was me...wow, yeah, I bet it all comes as a surprise...or maybe not...Fat Fucks were the lamerlabel of The Bingo Team - and obviously it was a joke, just wanted to take the whole thing a bit further - Weird, maybe, but man did we have fun *G*

Brian-Igen-Igen was a character in a danish radioshow during the 80ies as I recall. He always gave his opinion about various things and then shouted "De sku' ha' no'en baaaaank", which transelated means something like "They out'ha be beaten' uuuuuuuup!"....

Man, this topic makes my day a lot more fun! haha
2004-03-06 13:17
Mason

The Bingo team were also the lamer label of Image and Epic.

We did it after we left Acrise. We didnt wanted to touch Rappelkiste

I forgot what nick I used for TBT
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Sentinel/Excess/TREX
Jammer
kbs/Pht/Lxt
t0m3000/HF^BOOM!^IBX
psych
Guests online: 71