Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > X2012 feedback
2012-11-15 20:57
Oxbow

X2012 feedback

If you have visited X2012, please share your feedback here on what could be improved for X2014.
Most likely you’ll say the compos started too late which made it hard for people to vote afterwards.
Be assured, all us organizers want to improve this, but still, tell us what you think!

We appreciate your feedback, your massive effort in the productions released and your visiting X2012 and hope to welcome you all again in two years!

... 62 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2012-11-19 13:47
cavey

No smoking would be a great idea, the only problem is: ENFORCEMENT of a no-smoking regime.

We could hang signs all over the place "no smoking", but would any of you guys actually hold yourself to it? It takes some effort from all of us, but we could give it a try. PLenty of smaking space outside anyways :D

Voting: no idea how that could be done better. Maybe more time between compos, and voting in between? No need to reinvent the wheel.

Other improvements:
- Better signs showing the various areas
- Better instructions for the volunteers stating where stuff is and all (like sleeping arrangements. I drew a blank most of the time, then again, I might have missed the briefing so maybe I'm only to blame there :D)
- We're thinking of various methods for the name tagging/keeping track of who's there. Ideas are welcome I guess :D This year was a vast improvement with the wristbands, just no administration of who's in and who's yet to come. (Guess it could be automated, with handscanners'n'stuff, registration papers, barcode.. whooo, let's go overboard :D)
- Handing in the compos should have been done different, unfortunately we forgot some backup for the person originally in charge of the releases, will figure it out next time I think :D

Fuck, next we know it's starting to become professional >_<
2012-11-19 14:33
Frantic

In a way I miss the good old "unorganized" parties. Not speaking about last X now, as I wasn't even there. Just a general comment. :)
2012-11-19 16:29
yago

Just put signs there "please dont smoke".
Some folks will smoke nevertheless inside, but it will be fewer.

PS: I smoked outside.
2012-11-19 17:01
Cresh

Actually there was "NO SMOKING" sign above the stairs down to the basement!
I do not care about the weed. I do not care if you smoke upstairs.
Just do not smoke in the basement, please. And OK, I won't moan again. ;)
2012-11-19 17:10
Stainless Steel

Gotta say, a party where smoking is not allowed is likely not a party for me. Sorry.
2012-11-19 19:56
Cruzer

Think I'm gonna start working on a pro-smoking demo for X2014, which undoubtedly looks like it will be a big showdown of the smokingscene vs the antismokingscene. Hope I survive that long despite my unhealthy habit. There was already some anti-smoking message in the Arsenic demo this year, so it's clearly the new theme that will define the c64 scene and create drama in the coming years. :)
2012-11-19 22:20
FATFrost
Account closed

Nametags, couldn't we have Rambo head ties with our names??
2012-11-20 21:58
DaTucker
Account closed

Great party! Enjoyed it again although I was only there on Friday and Saturday.

Please arrange some more music (some DJ-act) on the Friday after the main act.

When JT's set was over, there was not really much going on in the basement. Put some DJ there with some decent music so people who want to party (dance!) can party until the sun rises...
2012-11-20 22:39
chatGPZ

Quote:
No smoking would be a great idea, the only problem is: ENFORCEMENT of a no-smoking regime.

as a long time organizer of two parties that DO have a "no smoking inside" policy for a few years now (which is enforced by german law) i can tell: not only is enforcing unpossible, it also doesnt really add a lot of friendly atmosphere between organisiers and visitors. meaning in practise: the organizers smoke outside mostly, and try to enforce no smoking inside only if they really cant avoid it =P
Quote:

this sign was one of my personal highlights of the party - it was so puny and hidden well, i managed to see it sunday evening =)
2012-11-20 22:48
Mr.Ammo
Account closed

Quoting Groepaz

Quote:

this sign was one of my personal highlights of the party - it was so puny and hidden well, i managed to see it sunday evening =)

Some visitor put that sign above the stairs. And the first time he did that, the sign was pulled pretty soon after that... He was quite persistent, so he kept putting new signs above the stairs.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
chesser/Nigaz
Operator Teleksu
encore
Raf/Vulture Design
Grue/Extend
JackAsser/Booze Design