Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > C64 sceners on US partylines in the early 90's
2007-05-27 14:08
Lord Crucifier

C64 sceners on US partylines in the early 90's

I just came across a few MP3's that a phreaker recorded when he was calling partylines or setting up conference calls with stolen/hacked AT&T cards. I was wondering if something like that exists with C64 sceners talking, especially around the 1990-1992 timeframe. It would be really cool to hear those squeeky teenage voices rambling on about first releases and who's lame or elite!

... 17 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2007-05-28 07:35
Fungus

they exist, and it will be cold day in hell before anyone is stupid enough to upload such things :D

then again, the stupid ppl have proved me wrong there many times...
2007-05-28 08:50
icon

How about all the old VMB messages? I sure not have mine saved but someone maby has saved theirs? Would be cool as hell to hear "We RULEZ, and you know it!" one more time from some pimplecovered commie user! :-)
2007-05-28 13:10
Lord Crucifier

Quote: they exist, and it will be cold day in hell before anyone is stupid enough to upload such things :D

then again, the stupid ppl have proved me wrong there many times...

You think they're still on the hunt for us? ;)

And if it exists, it would be awesome to have the owner turn it into downloadable MP3's and save it for generations to come. (Someday they'll be used in classrooms when kids do a project of the history of cracking ;)
2007-05-29 00:40
Tim
Account closed

grin.. memories :P

I found a tape a year or two ago of DMI and myself tapping into an error in the sprint system which enabled to earsdrop on other calls.. you could hear the operator talking to the next caller after yourself and although you could only hear the operator on that call, every now and again they would stupidly repeat the calling card numbers or atleast large parts of it.. dont remember how many of these tapes we made, but it was a nice supplying of sprint cards to trade for mci's or at&ts especially to people who's lines were blacklisted by one or the other and not by sprint.

I laughed my ass of on the phrank calls we did to their operators to get them to hang up the line and/or when we were drunk :P

Which reminds i actually have another tape of us calling at&t to reactivate dead cards.. I dont know what was more funny.. hearing myself as a 14 year old swearing and using every trick I could imagine to get some poor at&t employee to help us out.. or that it actually worked at times :)

Looking back all the experience from those days actually were one great learning experience for me, it landed me my first real job (IT sales, 95% on the phone) on which I built my carreer actually :P

But.. no way in hell that i'll upload those during the next 40 years :P
I'm still happy I got away from the dutch telecom and postal systems with just a few warnings due to lack of proof :)

Sadly no vmb or partyline tapes, although DMI might have some since we always used the equiptment his brother built for us to record phonecalls. I'll hopefully remember to ask him next time i see him.

Another thought.. there must surely be a few of us out there who did keep their home answering machine messages on those awfull mini tapes.. I know we filled a lot of them when we where drunk :P

shit.. thanks for triggering those memories LC, I got a huge smile here right now :D
2007-05-30 07:44
Jazzcat

Ahhh, yep the good old days on those lines (1988-1992).

Pilgrim lines, 2600 line, 5159456500/6600/6700 etc...

Bod, Rebel, PWP, Narc (Westbam), Jade (NME), Solar, myself and heaps of Americans.

Was fun times - why setup a conference when you can take over an existing one ;)

Any recordings? please send me a PM. Would love to listen.
2007-05-30 11:17
null
Account closed

omg... it would be so fucking cool to hear that... whoa. like, zomgwtfbbq!

------------------------------------
Knoeki/DigitalSoundsSystem/GheyMaidInc/SwappersWithAttitude
2007-05-30 12:21
Fix

Did you have to say anything to setup a conferance call ?

If I remember, call AT&T, press the card # and # to dial..
Call a PBX, more pressing numbers, and then call the 700 XXX XXXX conference lines, and there you just pressed more numbers...

If know you had to talk to the operator at AT&T, but the changed their system.

2007-05-30 12:38
Jazzcat

There was multiple ways to setup conference calls, or even voicemail systems could be used (Meridian), the SCS&TRC guys would know this well, heheh :)

Or a multi-extension loop/bridge (aka poor man's conference).
2007-05-30 12:43
Honesty

"I am the one orgasmotron..." :))

lol that was fucking nice time.
2007-05-30 14:07
Lord Crucifier

Quote: "I am the one orgasmotron..." :))

lol that was fucking nice time.

"I am the one, Orgasmatron"? That sounds awfully familiar!

The main reason I'd like to hear some of these calls again is purely to see what the hell we were talking about. I remember hours and hours of being crammed into a phonebooth with Splatterhead, just talking to people, and I only vaguely remember what we talked about.

Jazzcat, 5159456500/6600/6700, those were the ones where you had to pick a room number, right? I knew them by heart back then, and occasionally I find an old note with card numbers on them, but I can't remember what was what...
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
christwoballs
zzarko
Guests online: 79
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.7)
2 13:37  (9.7)