Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user maak ! (Registered 2024-04-18) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Productions > Seeking collaborators on game - code/music/gfx
2013-11-11 12:46
makkan
Account closed

Seeking collaborators on game - code/music/gfx

I'm looking for skilled individuals to collaborate on a game concept I'm working on.

Here's a short explanation of what I have in mind, hopefully without giving away too much info to everyone:
* Instant action/endless gameplay - this game will not be something you can beat. Score is based on time of survival.
* Platform game on 5 different themed single screen levels.
* Single player but maybe two player co-operative and or deathmatch mode available.

Unfortunately I'm no coder so I really don't know whats possible in terms of movement sprite animation, but I will explain my idea closer to those who are interested. I will contribute most of the graphics myself but I do welcome more experienced artists to join if they're interested.

My hope for this project is well actually if it ever gets done I'll be very happy but I would love for it to enter a contest like RGCD 16 K cartridge contest next year.

If you're interested drop me a PM.

EDIT added mockup sprite animation:

... 6 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2013-11-22 19:50
TheRyk

@Dane: Most probably it's rather the RGCD deadline than the Intro Compo Deadline (both 30th of Nov) which prevents skilled game coders from joining. Guess after RGCD it might make sense for a good gfxian with an interesting game concept to contact some of its competitors directly.
2013-11-22 20:09
Oswald

those are pretty tempting mockups. I dont see the platformness in there tho, only one screen wide platform. one problem technically with that: if all moving objects are on the same level vertically you will hit the 8 sprite limit faster than you whish. you need to consider that.
2013-11-22 20:49
makkan
Account closed

@Oswald

Thanks for the input. I need to ponder a bit on that. One of the reasons I wanted to do a single platform is that I don't want to create a place where you can camp so to speak.
2013-11-25 10:11
makkan
Account closed

I've realised that I can't be so secretive and need to reveal more regarding my concept so here's a more detailed description of: Super Zombie fighter

Basics:
Type: Endless beat 'em up survival
Objective: Survive i.e. eat, drink and kill/avoid zombies (bites = death)
Other: Platform game on single screens, although multiple levels
Two-player competition mode

Score/Survival
* Score awared on time of survival
* Energy and liquid levels constantly dimishes to survive you must eat and drink.
* Without energy you will not be able to jump or fight.
* Without water you will get dizzy and die.
* Knocking over or killing a zombie will make it drop whatever i carries, for example food and water.
* Extra levels and characters are unlocked after a certain time.

How to die
* Touch front of Zombie (unless kicking)
* Do not eat for XXX seconds
* Do not drink for XX seconds

Movement
You can run, jump and double jump.

Characters
* Ninja
* Boy
* Girl
* To be revealed

Fighting
* Kick - pushes hit zombie back and other zombies behind it. Repetitive kicks will make zombie fall over.
* Jump kick - pushes hit zombie back and makes it fall over..

Weapons
You have one weapon that can be thrown to kill a zombie. The weapon will get stuck in the zombie and must be picked up from corpse before it can be thrown again.

Zombies
The undead walk in from left or right and follows the player relentlessly.
* Normal zombie - Walks around trying to eat you.
* Strong Zombie - Same as above but requires double the amount of kicks/jump kicks to fall over.
* Fast Zombie - Faster than the average Zombie

I've still got some secrets up my sleeve but this together with my mockups should give you an idea on how the game will look and play.
2013-11-25 10:14
chatGPZ

sounds like a similar concept as super bread box :)

i'd try to come up with some kind of software sprite engine .... because, what oswald said :)
2013-11-25 10:42
makkan
Account closed

@groepaz

Yeah it does carry some resemblance to Super Bread/Crate Box but I hope it will feel different enough to stand on its own when it’s released.

One of the key differences I think is the single platform level design (if you can call a flat surface with no obstacles design) which means you have no place to hide thus forcing you to constantly move. The close combat style of fighting will also hopefully make you more scared of getting hit. You can’t really grab a bazooka and just rest for a while you need to move around and knock the zombies to get food and water.

The technical issues are a later problem for me and whoever codes it will have to face. Maybe the level design needs to change or maybe it's possible to do a software engine as you say. I'm open to suggestions ;)
2013-11-28 07:17
makkan
Account closed

Some mockup sprite animations of playable characters

Ninja

Boy

Girl
2013-12-05 19:43
theWizard
Account closed

Quote: Some mockup sprite animations of playable characters

Ninja

Boy

Girl

lol @ boy girl .. why not make it a manshee?

btw talking about manshees.. where is blondie tonight.lol?
2013-12-06 13:29
makkan
Account closed

Quote: lol @ boy girl .. why not make it a manshee?

btw talking about manshees.. where is blondie tonight.lol?

Oh, I've got one more character that might suit you well then ;)But I think I'll keep that one a secret for now.
2014-11-10 10:18
makkan
Account closed

I'm bumping this because I apparently nagged the bejeebers out of my current coder. Nah, not really but he felt his heart wasn't in it at the moment or in the near future.

So I'm looking for a coder to pick up from where we are right now, or code from scratch if that's your thing.

So far we have:
* All sprites and levels (done in SpritePad and levels in CharPad)
* Logo
* A character selector in the works
* Movement for the protagonist (I've got some ideas on change here thou)
* Collision detection

In short:
Are you a coder looking to code a Zombie Fighting Game? Shoot me a PM and we'll get crackin'
Previous - 1 | 2 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
CA$H/TRiAD
Sasq
Bansai/BSILabs
Laurikka
theK/ATL
Mihai