Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user maak ! (Registered 2024-04-18) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Productions > New Washout Preview
2003-09-07 13:47
Richard

New Washout Preview

I have released the final playable preview of Washout for any of those interested. This is a cut down version of the full game, which is currently under development at the moment.

This preview features 4 levels of madness, a nice title screen with a smart logo drawn by JSL, music and a note file.

You can download this game from the url below:

http://www.redesign.sk/tnd64/download_previews.html

....but why not check out the diary as well

http://www.redesign.sk/tnd64/washout.html
Visit http://www.redesign.sk/tnd64 for all my
latest games, demos and other cool stuff!
===============================
2003-09-21 09:27
Skywalk
Account closed

Nice preview Richard, but were two versions of same one necessary? You still need to do a lot more work with your release if you want to make real quality release. Here are some things you should do.

1. Try avoiding to use a level cruncher, and make the game single file. This is because the multi-load feature fuckin' pissed me off.

2. Try fixing that flicker to the left. (Where the water is). If rasters are used, use them neatly.

3. The in game music get on my fucking nerves, it is too repetitive. Try composing a longer tune.

4. The falling gems positioning need to be dealt with to ensure that these will fall where they cannot overlap a rock.

I have done a crack/first-release of this game, so if you want to download it. Look up the Blazon (BLZ) section in da database. :)
2003-09-21 12:44
CyberBrain
Administrator

I, on the other hand, think the ingame tune is really cool. (and the multiload is not slow, so i don't think it matters)

But i agree on the other points
2003-10-07 19:07
Richard

Righty then. Want good news? Well, I have removed the multi-load sequences. All levels are on a packed single file to run on Exodecrunch routine (Exomizer), but then again, I probably would have done better using JW's MSCK utility, as the Exode setup was really awkward at first, but it is now easy enough for me.

The music will remain as it is for now, and what I have done so far, does not look too bad. What I need to do now is deal with the falling boulder and the gems' positioning, using a random generator. I also need to make sure the gems won't overlap/cloack with a boulder.

No. of lives will also be added. It would be better to have more than one life when playing a tough game.

Anyway, my game (I think) is around about 85% finished ;) Still a bit of work to do, but let us hope it will be a good enough game to be a quality label, rather than erm, rubbish and a waste of time.
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Magic/Nah-Kolor
visionvortex
Fred/Channel 4
cba
Rock/Finnish Gold
Brataccas/HF