Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user maak ! (Registered 2024-04-18) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Productions > Floppy 2004 demos
2004-03-02 10:54
Spectator
Account closed

Floppy 2004 demos

I'm suprised not to find a thread about this yet.

Anyways, the WD demo definitely was my favourite, go WD! Especially the music. ;)

... 100 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2004-03-05 16:20
Poison
Account closed

You can discuss this and you can discuss that but what really matters is that there still exists a strong and vital scene which keep producing music and graphics that is beautifully assembled into demos. Don´t matter if they´re crap or vinatge, they are made to be watched and enjoyed by other freaky sceners that still have their heads drewling for new demos and stuff. All is good in the land of 64...
Keep it up guys. See you at floppy next year, I hope.
2004-03-05 16:22
hollowman

tdj, well, maybe things have gone to my head, what do i know
,but i'm not the one butting into the discussion trying
to get some supposedly deserved respect.
and i dont need to either, i get mentioned anyway, that
might happen when you actually make demos.
my schoolyard sentence was referring to sceneproductions
like demos, gfx or whatever, while you talk about behaving
differently in forumposts.
seems like we have different priorities
2004-03-06 08:37
fade
Account closed

Creamd thinks too much. Juicy braaaains.
2004-03-06 09:43
TDJ

Quote: tdj, well, maybe things have gone to my head, what do i know
,but i'm not the one butting into the discussion trying
to get some supposedly deserved respect.
and i dont need to either, i get mentioned anyway, that
might happen when you actually make demos.
my schoolyard sentence was referring to sceneproductions
like demos, gfx or whatever, while you talk about behaving
differently in forumposts.
seems like we have different priorities

There's so many things I could "attack" you on in this post, but it will only make things worse. So let's just agree on your last statement and leave it at that.
2004-03-06 11:40
Spectator
Account closed

Quote: Pieter, Pieter, Pieter ..

How many times have we played this game? We both know that it won't matter what I tell you, you'll always find some minor detail to attack me on, while conveniently ignoring that which doesn't suit you (see: the iopop response above). Sorry man, but I won't dance with you anymore.

I love talking about demos and the scene, as I find the whole subculture behind it maybe even more interesting than most of the products it delivers these days, but I refuse to waste my energy on somebody I don't even consider a demo-scener. It's like discussing football with a PSV fan.

Marco,

Maybe we've had this discussion before. But i'm not fucking with you here, i simply disagree.

Why is it that every time you come around boasting about this or that, claiming such and so. Now if you were the next HCL on the block, i might have understood, but you aren't.

It's nice how you keep saying things such as that you don't consider me a demo scener. Although i'm sure the people i've worked with think differently, that doesn't matter, because i don't go around posting what an impact i've had on the demoscene, now do i? I'm merely reacting on your overstated claims.

I'm glad you've made the difference for Iopop. But i think you're claiming too much credit, where credit is not due.

I completely agree with the posts above written by Hollowman about you.

--

On a different note, i was about to write the same as VIP here. I originally started of this thread to share opinions on the demos released at Floppy.
I'm curious to see why people for example find Cycle so great, and why Motivation isn't really mentioned that much.
2004-03-06 12:02
TDJ

Quote: Marco,

Maybe we've had this discussion before. But i'm not fucking with you here, i simply disagree.

Why is it that every time you come around boasting about this or that, claiming such and so. Now if you were the next HCL on the block, i might have understood, but you aren't.

It's nice how you keep saying things such as that you don't consider me a demo scener. Although i'm sure the people i've worked with think differently, that doesn't matter, because i don't go around posting what an impact i've had on the demoscene, now do i? I'm merely reacting on your overstated claims.

I'm glad you've made the difference for Iopop. But i think you're claiming too much credit, where credit is not due.

I completely agree with the posts above written by Hollowman about you.

--

On a different note, i was about to write the same as VIP here. I originally started of this thread to share opinions on the demos released at Floppy.
I'm curious to see why people for example find Cycle so great, and why Motivation isn't really mentioned that much.

Okay, I'll bite, and try to convince myself you're actually serious this time.

The mere fact that you get HCL into this proves to me that you don't have a clue what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about effects, or "isometric perspective". I'm talking about layers, symbolism, playing around with expectations, about actually doing something different, proving that there is still a lot of room for other kind of demos.

The fact that we made a difference for Iopop is enough for me. I don't claim we have influenced a lot of people, I just claim we did have some influence. And that we did, no matter if you refuse to see it or not.

Or did you honestly think I would make that statement if people hadn't told me so themselves? I may be an arrogant bastard, but I'm not that arrogant.
2004-03-06 13:16
blackdroid
Account closed

"I'm curious to see why people for example find Cycle so great, and why Motivation isn't really mentioned that much."

Well Cycle sure had a big impact on the audience at Floppy, simply because of the catchy tune, the in your face effects and the nice sync/design layout. Its also more of a fulllength demo, whereas Motivation merely is a small onefiler ( sure its roughly two and a half minute long ) with one effect and some graphics, we strived to keep the feeling of the demo constant after the buildup, so no drop in flow etc, also quite subliminal design like having similar colors in the scroller and the bitmap gfx. vsp'ing the whole thing to the bass. we had some more details planned but no time. If I were to rate the demo I would give it 7 or 8/10 probably, just because of the feel. If you break the demo apart nothing really is out of the ordinary.

Another thing to note is that this is the first demo in a long time when we have had alot of people contributing, and for some of us its the first c64 demo in quite some years ( zealots last c64 contribution was in '92 :), anyhow this has been a good trial process in how to work together again and it was quite rewarding to see the result at Floppy.
2004-03-06 13:55
drake
Account closed

i agree with poisson, i love the demos from floppy and love to see that ppl still like to do someig on this machine. keep it alive
2004-03-07 18:41
Spectator
Account closed

Quote: Okay, I'll bite, and try to convince myself you're actually serious this time.

The mere fact that you get HCL into this proves to me that you don't have a clue what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about effects, or "isometric perspective". I'm talking about layers, symbolism, playing around with expectations, about actually doing something different, proving that there is still a lot of room for other kind of demos.

The fact that we made a difference for Iopop is enough for me. I don't claim we have influenced a lot of people, I just claim we did have some influence. And that we did, no matter if you refuse to see it or not.

Or did you honestly think I would make that statement if people hadn't told me so themselves? I may be an arrogant bastard, but I'm not that arrogant.

No, you've misunderstood. My reference to HCL in this sense was meant as a figure of speech, meaning to say: if you were exceptionally good at something concerning demomaking (then i would have granted you the attitude). Which is not the case.

I've always been _very_ serious about my criticism towards you. And yes, i do think you are _that_ arrogant. But we'll leave it at that, because you clearly fail to recognise this.
2004-03-07 18:47
Spectator
Account closed

Quote: "I'm curious to see why people for example find Cycle so great, and why Motivation isn't really mentioned that much."

Well Cycle sure had a big impact on the audience at Floppy, simply because of the catchy tune, the in your face effects and the nice sync/design layout. Its also more of a fulllength demo, whereas Motivation merely is a small onefiler ( sure its roughly two and a half minute long ) with one effect and some graphics, we strived to keep the feeling of the demo constant after the buildup, so no drop in flow etc, also quite subliminal design like having similar colors in the scroller and the bitmap gfx. vsp'ing the whole thing to the bass. we had some more details planned but no time. If I were to rate the demo I would give it 7 or 8/10 probably, just because of the feel. If you break the demo apart nothing really is out of the ordinary.

Another thing to note is that this is the first demo in a long time when we have had alot of people contributing, and for some of us its the first c64 demo in quite some years ( zealots last c64 contribution was in '92 :), anyhow this has been a good trial process in how to work together again and it was quite rewarding to see the result at Floppy.

The tunes are indeed very nice, and it was great to hear some multispeed tunes again. And that one part by HCL ****ing rocks!!

However, designwise i think you guys beat Cycle by far! Excellent effort, hands down for that one!
Actually, now we're talking about it, i found myself humming the tune from Motivation the other day. So that one sure is catchy too.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
apprentix
Guests online: 108
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)
2 Mojo  (9.7)
3 Coma Light 13  (9.7)