Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #157477 : Galencia +2
2017-07-22 20:19
hedning

Release id #157477 : Galencia +2

User Comment
Submitted by hedning [PM] on 22 July 2017
mrnop: why are you here, again? Do you have any clue about the scene? [edit] this will be moved to the discussion [/edit]

User Comment
Submitted by mrnop [PM] on 22 July 2017
Author spends at least 160 days on the game, solicits feedback and ideas from the public, posts updates and videos with progress.

Group comes along in less than 12 hours after game goes on sale and creates a release for the game. Can't be bothered to NTSC fix due to "being in a rush".

What was the reason for the rush again? :)

User Comment
Submitted by hedning [PM] on 22 July 2017
Sorry. We were in a rush, and we are also Europe's no.1, not Merca's no.1. Didi has a pathologic need to touch everything, and also unlimited free time it seems, so you could most certainly hold your breath and be safe. :P

User Comment
Submitted by alwyz [PM] on 22 July 2017
I very much hope this gets NTSC fixed. The preview worked decently, but this does not whatsoever. Hopefully Laxity gets this one cooking for ntsc machines. Are you planning it Didi??

User Comment
Submitted by iAN CooG [PM] on 22 July 2017
whinewhinewhine

User Comment
Submitted by mrnop [PM] on 22 July 2017
Pathetic how an author can't even release original work any more without some desperate group jumping on it the same day just to claim 'first release'.

Why create new software for C64 when you can just re-release 80's games and new releases from the 1% still making them.

... 16 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2017-07-23 12:29
chatGPZ

yes :)

PS: v1.1 is out.
2017-07-24 00:45
Adam

Quoting mrnop
the great race to grab an overseas game first and put it on a BBS first to avoid someone else beating you, are over.

the racing never ended.. for all major platforms. replace bbs with internet. how detached are you from reality? making shit up as you go easier for you?

Quote:
TL/DR: There are so few people still producing games on the C64, why can't we show them even a week's grace period before rushing to slap our shitty intro on top of their work and beat our chests with joy.

tl;dr: read my first line.. also, get the fuck out of here if it offends you so much.
2017-07-24 16:30
Dr.j

Quote: Ahh yes the scene. The days where a game published by a company would be distributed across the world. Groups would get a copy of the disk or tape and remove the protection. They would then hurry to get their version up on the bulletin boards before anyone else, so that people would have their version. After the cracks were done, they'd even swap those original tapes with other groups so others could do their own versions.

Fast forward almost three decades. The distributors have dried up, the game companies have moved onto other platforms. All we have left now are independent authors and a few small companies who code mainly for the enjoyment. The bulletin boards and the great race to grab an overseas game first and put it on a BBS first to avoid someone else beating you, are over.

No more busy signals, no more 2400 baud, people from both sides of the ocean can download these FREE games. But no, bottom feeders have to take these unprotected free games and previews and still re-release them.

Add a trainer nobody will use. Author includes 3 cheats? Then make 5 cheats and re-release it yourself. Author includes 8 cheats? Then make 10 cheats and re-release it. Game has built in cheats galore, then re-release it with 4 sentences and say it has 'docs'.

Games used to be bugged because of the rush to get them out first. That era is over. People can take their time on jewel versions and 101% versions.

That is until one of the last remaining individual programmers out there puts out a game or even a preview.

Then it's a free for all, the sharks smell blood and everyone races to be the first release.

The irony of course is that now we archive all of the versions from everyone, so there's really no need to worry about first release or to rush. Take the time, do it right, and put quality into it.

Maybe Laxity comes out with an NTSC version and level skip because they take their time.

But no, sceners still want to live in their imaginary world where rushing to get something out first counts.

I'm not saying that we don't need cheats on games, for certainly a trainer wouldn't hurt this game (or others). My question is really... did we really need a fucking release in under 12 hours (downloadable here or there, or not)

Could there not be enough respect to give an author even a week's time to enjoy the accolades and comments on their product, not someone else's 30 second hack?

TL/DR: There are so few people still producing games on the C64, why can't we show them even a week's grace period before rushing to slap our shitty intro on top of their work and beat our chests with joy.

agree with every word , and i am well known to respect all the great cracking groups: Triad, G*p, Hokuto Force, Laxity and the rest (i did some cracks in the good old days) . i think the solution is to wait X time to release the "cracked" version so ppl can really get the game only from buying it .
2017-07-24 17:42
chatGPZ

*TAP* *TAP* *TAP* is this still on? *BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURP*
2017-07-24 19:27
hedning

Quote: agree with every word , and i am well known to respect all the great cracking groups: Triad, G*p, Hokuto Force, Laxity and the rest (i did some cracks in the good old days) . i think the solution is to wait X time to release the "cracked" version so ppl can really get the game only from buying it .

Thanx but.. *sigh* There is no public link on csdb, so everyone should be happy. The game has been on since the early 80ies. Live with it. It's only mrnop that has been living under a rock for too long.
2017-07-24 22:11
Smasher

since we have something in common, I mean we all are linked somehow by a little brown computer which came out when Michael Jackson released Thriller, when at the cinemas you could watch E.T., The Wall or Conan, when you had zero pubic hair on your body and your grandfather was still a playboy, etc, etc... well, because of all of this and because we are still producing stuff on that little thing I think in this case that saying "you live under a rock" to someone can be read more as a compliment than an insult. :)
2017-07-24 22:39
hedning

After Armageddon/WW3 the C64 will be the only computer that will work.

C64 is the future.
2017-07-24 22:51
chatGPZ

and DIDI will do the NTSC fix
2017-07-24 22:59
Smasher

and Moloch will close this topic
2017-07-25 01:37
Moloch

yep
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Ziili/Extend
Exile/Anubis
t0m3000/ibex-crew
Matt
Chrom_
Krill/Plush