Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #176969 : Super Mario Bros 64 +2
2019-04-19 15:13
hedning

Release id #176969 : Super Mario Bros 64 +2

User Comment
Submitted by hedning [PM] on 19 April 2019
G*P perspective. This is turning into a discussion. Will copy the discussion to the forum.. From my moderator perspective.

User Comment
Submitted by Mr Ammo [PM] on 19 April 2019
"from our perspective". Is that your CSDb moderator / CSDb rules perspective or is it your G*P perspective. I feel there is a conflict of interest when you answer this question.

User Comment
Submitted by hedning [PM] on 19 April 2019
From our perspective they are part of the same release. They were released together as it was meant. And they are both working.

There are many examples on releases that have different sorts of files in the same release: d64 and d81 versions of diskmags, cracks etc. Even mixed easyflash and disk versions of the same release in the same entry as they were released together.

User Comment
Submitted by Mr Ammo [PM] on 19 April 2019
Since the 191 blox version is a different version of this release, shouldn't there be a different release entry for this version as per CSDb rules and what the mods preach?

That way there will be a release entry for a working version and a non-working version for vanilla C64s.User

... 22 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2019-04-20 22:14
Raistlin

“Raistlin talking bollocks ” .. well, that escalated quickly. What happened?

All I said was that I didn’t understand the first release talk... if groups aren’t bothered about the first release compo, why aren’t all the groups releasing cracks of each game, more like it was in the 80s? I suspect they don’t because they see that the FR prize was gone. The fact that it wasn’t here, because G*P’s first releases were “broken”, shows that there was actually a window in which they could’ve claimed the prize.

Re: Propalist... I didn’t see the new issue yet, it would surely make better sense for people to wait until it’s out before deciding whether to moan about it or not?
2019-04-20 23:05
Pitcher

Quote: “Raistlin talking bollocks ” .. well, that escalated quickly. What happened?

All I said was that I didn’t understand the first release talk... if groups aren’t bothered about the first release compo, why aren’t all the groups releasing cracks of each game, more like it was in the 80s? I suspect they don’t because they see that the FR prize was gone. The fact that it wasn’t here, because G*P’s first releases were “broken”, shows that there was actually a window in which they could’ve claimed the prize.

Re: Propalist... I didn’t see the new issue yet, it would surely make better sense for people to wait until it’s out before deciding whether to moan about it or not?

You quoted lies where said originally.

On that quote I said back then and also now, your talking bollocks šŸ˜‰
2019-04-20 23:09
Pitcher

@Raistlin, you depack the original game, tell me what space it uses and what's packable with exomizer?, then tell me the memory constraints on trying to add a trainer ?
2019-04-21 00:05
Bacchus

Guys,

GP fucked up massively with Mario. Putting three versions out is shameful. If fact it was four but as per the CDBb principles, intro text typos are allowed to be fixed and replaced (I don't really see that the urge to keep version with one byte of code bug vs we can replace one byte of scroller bug. But this is a CSDb principle).

I don't see any cover-up of the fuckup. The list of releases talk for themselves. We can't expect anyone to stand up and say that it was a fuck up. It's bluntly obvious by facts and figures.

Let's not jump to conclusions on Propaganda. Let's save the ammunition to after next release before we jump to conclusions on how it's handled. But let's just say that there is a level of expectations on tar and feathers here....

Also there is a risk with double chairs that this is used to it best favour. It's not like there are millions of people to chose from so we should all be glad that Hedning is ready to do it. We should all watch carefully any tendency of him going astray, but until he does there is no reason to have him leave. I think he handles it gracefully. A lot better than just about anyone would do it. So on that side I would very much like to see him keep up the good work. Movingly he discussion from the release to a separate thread on the forum also makes sense given that there are three releases.

But let me iterate - the Mario release is a fuck up of epic proportions. But beyond that I have yet no reason to cast any additional blame on GP.

Pontus "Bacchus" Berg
* FairLight Council *
2019-04-21 02:11
Jazzcat

Quote: If any other group did it, it would be on the release, not a seperate discussion.

But hey hoy, it's sunny and beers are cold.

And fairly sure next issue of Propaganda won't even mention a Super Mario game ever being released šŸ˜†

LOL! Hahah, that is gold :D
2019-04-21 02:14
Jazzcat

"All I said was that I didn’t understand the first release talk..."

Perhaps you should stick to the demo scene then :D
2019-04-21 02:21
hedning

Quote: LOL! Hahah, that is gold :D

I think we will, as we don't review our own releases like other mags do. ;)
2019-04-21 02:31
Jazzcat

Quote: I think we will, as we don't review our own releases like other mags do. ;)

As far as we know; guess we have no way of telling. :D
2019-04-21 08:06
Raistlin

@Pitcher: I'm honestly not interested in the dumb arguments here... the "lies" that I talked of are clear from my posts. I talk of people saying on the one hand that they don't care about the First Release compo - but on the other, they're avoiding cracking any games that another group has First Released... which suggests that they -do- care.

@Jazzcat: Lolol. Maybe you should stick to writing your little Sex'n'Crime wannabe ;-)
2019-04-21 11:21
Moloch

This thread has outlived any sort of usefulness
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Brataccas/HF
cba
DeeKay/Crest
Knobby/Role
curtcool
Menace/Spaceballs