Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #208458 : Espace Preview +
2021-09-16 09:32
TheRyk

Release id #208458 : Espace Preview +

moved from comments:
====================

User Comment
Submitted by iAN CooG [PM] on 15 September 2021
welcome to CSDb, you must be new around here. Now re-read:

> Yes we know that doesn't match your definition.

yes, they know, there is no need to go on and on repeating it.
Also: can you explain releases like The Dater +1F for example? I just see a ntsc modified release of a unprotected game. Now what?

User Comment
Submitted by TheWarCriminal [PM] on 15 September 2021
adding a trainer, dox or linking is not a crack. modified yes but not a crack. should have a category for modified.

sorry I am old school but that what "cracking a game" means. modifying a game it is not.

User Comment
Submitted by hedning [PM] on 14 September 2021
TWC: the release type is ”crack”, but as you can see noone claimed to have cracked anything (see credits). You can also read the rules for csdb: ” By our definition a "crack" in the Database is a Program which has been somehow modified (which preferably adds some value over the Original) and then released to the Scene. Yes we know that doesn't match your definition.” https://csdb.dk/help.php?section=rules

User Comment
Submitted by TheWarCriminal [PM] on 14 September 2021
explain how this is a crack when it is from a compo & a preview? a crack requires copy protection (disk or manual) to be removed. anyone can slap an intro on a compo game. come on. have some diginity.

... 3 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2021-09-16 20:34
TheRyk

I'm still rather new as a mod but I'm really working hard on being a complete bastard to be fired or prepare my ragequit ;)

Yet if we assume someone active some 30-40 years ago but arriving here a little later than most of us has to catch up with terms, a simple "If you're riding a dead horse, get off" felt too rude and not very informative for me.
2021-09-17 01:08
TheWarCriminal
Account closed

Rather new here? Registered in 2011. 2 years after you.

When someone has to reply with a novel about the definition of "cracking software" that contains the sites "perception" of said activity is hilarious. Might want to do some deeper research on the matter. Just cause this site has their own meaning does not make it true.
2021-09-17 01:13
hedning

Quote: Rather new here? Registered in 2011. 2 years after you.

When someone has to reply with a novel about the definition of "cracking software" that contains the sites "perception" of said activity is hilarious. Might want to do some deeper research on the matter. Just cause this site has their own meaning does not make it true.

There are probably 1000 "cracks" from the 80s and 90s here as well that never had any protection either. Unprotected orries were sent around amongst groups all the time by swappers and original suppliers. This is nothing new.
2021-09-17 01:23
TheWarCriminal
Account closed

iAN CooG:

If you even bothered to actually look at that release you would see that yes I fixed it (NTSC fix). This was not supposed to be released when it was especially with that intro. All other SGR releases had better intros. The guy that released it with his flame on Bod/Talent was let go when I found out he released it w/o letting anyone in the group know plus using a modified demo as the intro since I was the only one that linked our intros (only one whom had access to them) cause I coded them. That intro was from a tool maker. The way I found out was that 10hrs after this guy put it out on Talent's WHQ it found its way to XPB 5150 & I downloaded it to see wtf it was since I knew our releases. Promptly had Space Cowboy delete it but damage was done. With the help of others this guy no longer had any access to warez bbs's. Blacklisted in the states. Europe could have been another matter.

Over the early span of the group I had to let go of many whom for some reason or another just couldn't grasp rules.

The trainer was not from me nor did I link it in.

This is what happens when you have an internal member issue over who does what.
2021-09-17 01:31
El Jefe

Quoting TheWarCriminal

Beefore you join a community, you should familiarize yourself with the terms and rules of the same, see above!

It seems to me that the "novel" was only necessary because you obviously do not (want to) know/accept the realities here.

Kudos to TheRyk for his dedication and patience in handling such comments!
2021-09-17 01:34
El Jefe

Quoting hedning
There are probably 1000 "cracks" from the 80s and 90s here as well that never had any protection either. Unprotected orries were sent around amongst groups all the time by swappers and original suppliers. This is nothing new.

Agreed, I used to fill my spread disks with "Originals" a lot!
2021-09-17 01:44
El Jefe

Quoting TheWarCriminal
... I had to let go of many whom for some reason or another just couldn't grasp rules.

Yeah, that happens sometimes!
2021-09-17 03:45
TheWarCriminal
Account closed

Quote: Quoting TheWarCriminal
... I had to let go of many whom for some reason or another just couldn't grasp rules.

Yeah, that happens sometimes!

I am sure I am not the only who did not know the site "rules" were on the help page. I never used the help page. Maybe having a tab called "rules" or something on the landing page would help instead of burying it in the help page. That is like creating a game and instead of putting the controls on the title screen you bury that into a help screen with hardly any indication there is a button to use to get to said screen. Or creating a manual that rules are planted onto a page in the help section when it should have its own page in the main index.
2021-09-17 11:07
TheRyk

You're welcome all the same.
2021-09-17 11:51
chatGPZ

Gotta love how certain things never change :o)

Cuties!
Previous - 1 | 2 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
bisboch/Hokuto Force
Shmendric
Malmix/Fatzone
Magic/Nah-Kolor
Freeze/Blazon
Guests online: 314