Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Handle id #4504 : Euratom
2006-07-03 13:42
Zyron

Handle id #4504 : Euratom

Could anyone enlighten us if Euratom really was just one single person.
I believe it was actually a group of 3 people;
Harold (Coder), Gordon (Graphician) & Extermer (Musician).

... 51 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2006-07-11 19:16
Stainless Steel

While reading about "the cat" demo and the musics from this demo (classics, i love them) i remembered something that had allways disturbed me about one of the musics in that particular demo.

Its about the tune from the last part with the cat animation, im pretty sure i heard the music somewhere before
i saw the demo. If i remember correctly i heard it in some advertisement for some cigarette brand back in the 80ies.

Can anyone shed some light on this if im just having hallucinations or if this tune really is a cover.

PS: not that it would be a bad thing, its just something ive been wondering about since ive first heard the tune in the demo.
2006-07-11 19:20
Yodelking

Quote: While reading about "the cat" demo and the musics from this demo (classics, i love them) i remembered something that had allways disturbed me about one of the musics in that particular demo.

Its about the tune from the last part with the cat animation, im pretty sure i heard the music somewhere before
i saw the demo. If i remember correctly i heard it in some advertisement for some cigarette brand back in the 80ies.

Can anyone shed some light on this if im just having hallucinations or if this tune really is a cover.

PS: not that it would be a bad thing, its just something ive been wondering about since ive first heard the tune in the demo.

I'll ask Markus... :)
2006-07-12 09:01
Yodelking

Quote: While reading about "the cat" demo and the musics from this demo (classics, i love them) i remembered something that had allways disturbed me about one of the musics in that particular demo.

[From Markus}
the guy is pretty right ;-)

The music for the cat animation was heavily inspired by an Bacardi commercial song from the mid 80's :-)

I hope, this will solve all the headaches ;-)
2006-07-12 15:54
Zyron

STIL-entry! STIL-entry! :)
2006-07-14 16:04
Stainless Steel

I knew it was some advertisement theme :-) thanks for the information.
2006-07-14 16:34
TDJ

Quote: STIL-entry! STIL-entry! :)

Be still.
2006-07-17 07:48
Stainless Steel

While we're at it, im having similar thoughts about another tune in the beforementioned demo. Its a tune called "Cinema" (thats the name it has in HVSC) could it be this one covers something aswell ? im pretty sure ive heard the theme somewhere before, i just cant remember where.

2006-07-17 07:53
Stainless Steel

btw: i just have to say how much i love that old GFC intro tune. Gives me chills listening to it after so many years. Oh sweet childhood memories.

2006-07-17 08:29
Hein

Quote: Yes, I checked this yesterday and also noticed it's the same tune as: /20CC/van_Santen_Edwin/Vlindertjes.sid

I was in contact with Edwin when he said what's in STIL:
"In a demo by Edwin van Santen, which he released about two years after the tune was made popular in the Papillion's crack intro, he states that he in fact composed the music. This demo contained a new version of the tune (/20CC/van_Santen_Edwin/Vlindertjes_v2.sid). He explains how he had made the music two years earlier on some composer like Soundmonitor or something similar. While at a copyparty, someone stole his music disk which had the tune on it. This was his only copy of the tune. About two months later, the tune appeared on a Papillions' intro and no credit was given to van Santen."

I was in contact with Markus Müller a couple of years ago, but I'll try to track down Markus Müller again to let him confirm if he did any of Song #1-8.

Strange though that this tune would be EvS' only Soundmonitor tune...

Falco Paul mentions this tune in the VN#47 EvS memorial requiem. It seems both enjoyed the Kim Wilde song and both covered it in their own way. Falco is writing they wanted to include Edwin's version to the PCW show demo they'd made.

I guess the one in Papillon's intro was the Markus (the copycat) version, where Edwin might have covered the song in the earliest 20CC player.
2006-07-17 09:24
Yodelking

Quote: Falco Paul mentions this tune in the VN#47 EvS memorial requiem. It seems both enjoyed the Kim Wilde song and both covered it in their own way. Falco is writing they wanted to include Edwin's version to the PCW show demo they'd made.

I guess the one in Papillon's intro was the Markus (the copycat) version, where Edwin might have covered the song in the earliest 20CC player.

Hein, EvS already stated he made the first version in Soundmonitor. AND EvS told me it was no cover of Kim Wilde, it was totally his own composition.
What he also wrote is that the version in Papillions intro is not exactly the same, it's transposed, and missing some of the solos.

This _probably_ means that the version in Papillions intro infact is Markus. If Markus re-made EvS original or this infact is the original is hard to know.

And we don't know how EvS' version sounds. Might be very similair, but might also be just a bit similair.

Question would be if Markus heard EvS tune in the first place, but he don't recall hearing that.
Sadly we can only guess how it all happened.
Markus doesn't have his old disks anymore.
EvS still had his disks, but I don't think we can get them anymore. :(
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Mike
CA$H/TRiAD
www.gb64.com
Sentinel/Excess/TREX
juN3bula/N3U
jmin