Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Handle id #16344 : Baracuda
2007-06-02 11:27
Scout

Handle id #16344 : Baracuda

I've re-added this entry.
Maybe the original entry can be restored by the admin(s).

... 3 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2007-06-02 14:29
Trazan

Quote: I've re-added this entry.
Maybe the original entry can be restored by the admin(s).

Well - Hrms...If someone deletes his own entry, its really not up to the Admins to restore it, but it seems this is a special case - as usual :(

2007-06-06 15:48
Mace

Trazan, I don't agree that deleting yourself as a scener is right. It should be restored at any time.

Like, if Germany would remove all references to WW2 in their history books, then it wouldn't have happened?
2007-06-06 15:54
BAR.
Account closed

Quote: Trazan, I don't agree that deleting yourself as a scener is right. It should be restored at any time.

Like, if Germany would remove all references to WW2 in their history books, then it wouldn't have happened?

Restoring should be on the scener himself.

Read the CSDB Rules also about.
Some others have not a profile also here..
And as you can see all events, votes, credits gone..
I don't asked scout for a new one.

2007-06-06 15:59
cadaver

To be honest, I'd prefer a rule that an account must be linked to a scener. But that may be too extreme.

In any case, deleting one's scener entry and continuing to post (there are few cases like this) is odd IMO.

It feels like one isn't suddenly able to handle his C64 past, and at the same time erases meaningful data about C64 history. If votes/comments are the problem, maybe it should be possible to request a special crybaby-mode where they're disabled?
2007-06-06 16:08
chatGPZ

i'd support both, link all accounts to profiles. and install a crybaby mode too :=)
2007-06-06 16:13
BAR.
Account closed

Managing information in CSDb:

1. You should only add/edit information that you are 100% sure of.
2. The information regarding entries belongs to those who the information is about. A person "owns" the information about his scener-profile, and the information of his/hers releases and the groups he/she is/was member of.
3. If any person who "owns" information doesn't want the information in CSDb it is totally their rights to remove it, and should be respected. This means that if you have any doubts that the person who owns the information does not want it in CSDb, you must not add it, and also that this person have the right to delete the information at any time.
4. You must only lock entries which you "own". That is your own scener profile, groups you are/were member of, releases you have created and events you have organized.
5. If you lock an entry, this entry has become your responsability. This means that it is up to you to make sure that the information in the entry is correct and as complete as possible. If you do not follow this, we will unlock the entry so that others might complete the information.
6. If you find an entry which you think is wrongfully locked, or you want to add/edit information to it, your first move should be to contact the maintainer of that record. If that fails you can contact the CSDb staff.
7. If you "own" any information and doesn't want it in CSDb, it is of course your right not to add it, but in such cases you should state this clearly in the entry (using the trivia field, comments or similar), so that it is not mistaken for poor maintenance.
8. Even though fake labels is in some way a part of the scene, it is not allowed to make and add such to CSDb with the only purpose to harass others.

Who breaks rules ?

Weedlowe 1002% C64 Fake Demo Swappas with attitude (2007-06-03)

The Baracuda Translator C64 Basic Demo (2007-06-05)
The Baracuda Simulator C64 Basic Demo

I'm not owner of my own profile..
Take a look who locked it, please.
2007-06-06 16:35
wreg
Account closed

that is not your profile, its a scener's entry page!

since you were misusing it for propaganda purposes i took your rights on that one

if anyone wants changes to this page contact one of the maintainers
2007-06-06 16:54
BAR.
Account closed

Quote: that is not your profile, its a scener's entry page!

since you were misusing it for propaganda purposes i took your rights on that one

if anyone wants changes to this page contact one of the maintainers

so they can add all credits, events, dates.. for themselves
as an owner of the entry.

There is no need to change.

COOL!
2007-06-06 17:55
CreaMD

All depends on how you Behave Bar. Everything that's happening now is just reaction on what you were trying to achieve, and especially how. If you need to make changes ask mods, as was proposed by Wreg. Closing this thread.
Previous - 1 | 2 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
TheRealWanderer
Mike
4gentE/ΤRIΛD
psych
Guests online: 93
Top Demos