Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #88952 : Raid Over Moscow
2010-02-27 01:13
Count Zero

Release id #88952 : Raid Over Moscow

Sigh,

I am bored and depressed by some to many of the uploads recently. Maybe feeds should show uploaders as well so I don't even click cc85/twr uploads anymore.

This is not about bashing or complaining - I love uploads by CBA, r242 and many others - straight forward, proper c64 shit for load-by-surfing - and I NEVER complain on those.

Raid Over Moscow is binary equal to Raid Over Moscow

Adding ANY Basic Loaders can simply not be considered as import, export, fix or even contribution - why oh why I know this will lead to a funny discussion now.

Alas - this basic loader by "Kay" is trying to sell his school mates cracks and copies before loading the actual game! He - MORE of that please - Kay says there are 2000 more where this comes from!

cc85 must have regarded this as a valuable contribution still since he linked it up to the cracking group, Why not invent the opposite of introstripping? Basicloadershitaddition with fastload autostartmaker enforcement to make it at least look a little professional.
Uh - been there before. Damn!

Geez. Common sense - impossible to hammer into some people.

/cz
2010-02-27 01:50
Jon
Account closed

I wished I lived in Germany so I could give you a flower and make you happier.

Would a flower make you happier?
2010-02-27 02:53
Krill

I guess having a scene database which aims to be comprehensive includes all the crappy shit best forgotten, too.

C'est la vie.
2010-02-27 09:08
chatGPZ

krill: including 20 basic loaders that exist for all and every legit release? sorry, but i dont think so. its still called "scene database", not "every loser who had a c64 database". allthough some are working hard on making it look like it =P
2010-02-27 09:57
hollowman

"History is written by the whiners."
2010-02-27 10:01
Jon
Account closed

Why are you towing this new hard line, Groepaz?

For an early scener, you seem to have no context what the scene was between 1983-1986. A basic loader for this stuff is very relevant to scene history, no matter who cracked it.

Schoolyard spreaders are just as relevant as anyone else in the early chaos. Yes, I think that they are just as "scene" as anyone else during that time.

Again, just saying.

2010-02-27 10:15
chatGPZ

Quote:
Why are you towing this new hard line, Groepaz?

i am not, really. it's just that until recently noone uploaded this type of crap, so there was no reason to deal with it.

Quote:
For an early scener, you seem to have no context what the scene was between 1983-1986. A basic loader for this stuff is very relevant to scene history, no matter who cracked it.

lol. seriously. some lines of basic that load someone else crack was NEVER relevant to the scene. maybe somewhere deep in the woods of canadian lameness, but certainly not in central europe :) the fact alone that noone except twr even bothered to keep it speaks for itself.

Quote:
Schoolyard spreaders are just as relevant as anyone else in the early chaos. Yes, I think that they are just as "scene" as anyone else during that time.

so you want all those 2000 "releases" that kay dude is talking of? yuck

2010-02-27 10:45
Slator

<irony on>
so Genesis was selling stuff from the early beginning...
that actually IS some news for the scene...
</irony off>

I doubt that kay (a not so rare name in Germany) was right this cool warez-dealer.

2000 done - more to come - pay for leech

2010-02-27 11:04
Jon
Account closed

Would I care if kay uploaded all of that stuff? Of course not! It shows the scene "warts and all". If not uploaded here, then where? It all made a difference. It all was a brick in the wall that was the early scene.

Rewrite the rules if you must. But I will respectfully yet vocally disagree with any attempt to scrub the DB of "local" releases.

Sorry.

J
2010-02-27 13:21
Count Zero

@cc85: I am opening a thread here to give cc85 the opportunity to answer and point out HIS view, since he is the uploader.
HE is spending at least some time on research, screen shoting and uploading for plain CRAP.

..oh - and HE is whining (not in public - must be shy) to others about me being pissed off about "releases" that are so low quality any ape could randomly make them.

Ninjaspain - judge what you can actually judge. Come back whenever you added your own basic loaders to old cracks. Until then I am sure you would be arguing with the coder using one of your logos without asking you for a freak show advert.

I wish the csdb release standards for cracks would apply to old shit as well. Since thats not working out all you crap uploaders should consider reading over the help pages and make up your mind properly.

Until then I just hit delete on the "release" and pass my judgement on to the delete comment.

/cz

PS: and yes - "Kay" as the uploader there would gain extra special attention.
2010-02-27 17:54
Jon
Account closed

Quote: @cc85: I am opening a thread here to give cc85 the opportunity to answer and point out HIS view, since he is the uploader.
HE is spending at least some time on research, screen shoting and uploading for plain CRAP.

..oh - and HE is whining (not in public - must be shy) to others about me being pissed off about "releases" that are so low quality any ape could randomly make them.

Ninjaspain - judge what you can actually judge. Come back whenever you added your own basic loaders to old cracks. Until then I am sure you would be arguing with the coder using one of your logos without asking you for a freak show advert.

I wish the csdb release standards for cracks would apply to old shit as well. Since thats not working out all you crap uploaders should consider reading over the help pages and make up your mind properly.

Until then I just hit delete on the "release" and pass my judgement on to the delete comment.

/cz

PS: and yes - "Kay" as the uploader there would gain extra special attention.

You know, that clever play on my C64 alias would be more effective if what followed actually made sense.

What the heck is a "freak show advert"? "Come back whenever you added your own basic loaders..." WHAT? "Judge what I can judge"? I give up. I am at a complete loss.

Your sudden appearance here and endless demands for the Db to conform to your will is becoming less and less amusing as time goes by. You attacks on various contributors even less so. I would call arbitrarily deleting releases incredibly unwise. But who knows? Maybe the CSDb has been crying out for a janitor such as yourself.

You are an angry, angry kid. You should go find a puppy to snuggle with.

J
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Brush/Elysium
Freeze/Blazon
Acidchild/Padua
Unkle K/Reset Magazi..
Viti/Hokuto Force
Oxbow/Xenon