Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #120346 : Inception
2013-07-11 08:50
Didi

Release id #120346 : Inception

Is a promo video a valid addition to CSDb as a game preview?

... 7 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2013-07-11 10:03
Ray
Account closed

But my name and my work is PERSONAL. And no one could use it without my permissions. And as I wrote "deletion" reason: Monuments shoud be builded hereafter. I am (still) alive :o) So, when I will pack it here out - I would be happy if somene will add me. But not BEFORE. And as was noted here - this site is monument for history :)

And yes, this is not my personal site. But it's my PERSONAL decision and my PERSONAL work :)

And if moderators will not respect MY opinion - what will be next ?

Looking forward, if moderators will respect my personal opinion. So, moderators please: respect my opinion. We was always in respect to others in scene (at least here). I deleted just myself - not group or releases, where another ppl worked on. So, why do you think it was bad ? (o:

R.
2013-07-11 10:06
iAN CooG

The site is to document all c64 sceners and releases, no need for them to know or ask permission for anything.
If a release is released under "Ray", the entry should be there.
2013-07-11 10:11
Ray
Account closed

That's not true. As long server will be located in EU atleast.

It's not just question of laws. It's question of respect other opinions. I respect your opinion about this site.

Why you don't want respect my opinion, to be hereafter ? It could be in 1 day, or tenths of years. Who knows :) But I am pretty sure, it day it will happen.

And if you really trust only to you own truth, take me back, but without any personal info. I don't wish that.

R.
2013-07-11 14:07
CreaMD

RAY this kind of clashes of different views on scene and CSDB happen from time to time. They always end by moderator winning and the person that went berserk being blocked. It's best to understand that VIDEO is not a valid C64 release and not use the CSDB as channel for this kind of promo.

When there is anything executable, you can add it as entry. Also it's best to read HELP section (http://csdb.dk/help.php) where there are really descriptive rules and guidelines written by Groepaz (with very small help of others, I suppose, correct me if I'm wrong) that might give you general idea about how insane *he* and world of scene is.

Also prepare for another round of clash of the views on the world when your game get's released. I'm sure some people will get multiple orgasms while doing all the necessary point earning things like fixing and trixing, zipping and intro adding. And yes I know that I'm idiot that don't get modern C64 cracking scene at all, I never did. Especially in case of cracking of publicly available (not commercialy distributed) software. This is not a start of another religious debate, so if anyone tries to response to this paragraph I will deny that I wrote this and I will claim that my account was hacked by Grandmother Ninja.

p.s.: don't act like drama queen, try to understand that this database is run by idealists just like you. Next time you want to do anything, feel free to contact me and consult (or tell PCH to do that) I will try my best to prevent dissapointments of this kind. And please DON'T leave CSDB, it serves it's purpose well.
2013-07-11 15:11
Ray
Account closed

CreaMD: I understand that ! I accept this. This is not my server, not my system, not my rules. That's ok !

As I wrote, on the other side: where to find ppl, who can help unless here ? How many active ppl is around (if you don't count recracking).

So, I'm not acquiescing against rules. I accept them. And in the ligt of these rules - I don't want to be a part. That's all :) I was thinking this is site was here mainly for *communication* between scene ppl. My bad I didn't know rules. There is no issue.

Scene in my POV is not about rerererecracking on "unlimited" machines.

If this site is not here for connect ppl from scene, I don't see reason why to be here. That's normal decision, not injured queen. This is not about deleting some record. Noone cares about 'preview' in form of video, which PCH did for finding ppl interesting in help.

I never say these rules are "bad" generally. They are bad *just* for me. That's all :)

Let's meet on some chat and you can explain me, what I did wrong (:

R.
2013-07-11 15:19
chatGPZ

Quote:
written by Groepaz (with very small help of others, I suppose, correct me if I'm wrong)

that makes it sound like i invented all of that =) while i have actually written the current version, its largely based on perffs older rules and contains additions and notes from many others (and not only moderators).

also csdb is "A site dedicated to gathering as much information as possible about the productions, the groups, the sceners, the events and bbs's in the Commodore 64 scene.". its about documenting what happened, not what may happen eventually, and not what could have been eventually.

that said, i dont see how that prevents you from searching for people interested in working with you. people post such requests in the forum usually - where it belongs.
2013-07-11 15:37
Ray
Account closed

Groepaz: "...or what may happen eventually..."

That's the point ! It happened - we all play the game on place (even there was a bug in multiplayer, since it was first time I tested it realtime). And we just searched ppl who are interested in any form of help :)

Your goal is to document what happened.

I am trying to "do" something for happening.

I see your point. We are not in conflict.

I *personally* just think "I'm still happening" (unless some error in matrix) :) And if we will not do *all* we can to support happening, sooner or later there will be nothing to write about. All will be written. And I don't want to be a part of that 'way'. That's all :)

Check how many 'real new releases' we can see. Substract re-re-re-cracking, fixing, other-platform-tools, and all of these _______*

I just get feel we are "happy" with our own history. Enough happy to lose future.

And maybe I am completly wrong and I should drink more/less** beers.

R.

(* fill in word you wish to see here :)
(** delete as appropriate
2013-07-11 15:58
chatGPZ

sorry to say that, but to me this just seems another case of someone being overly enthusiastic about his pet project, grossly overestimating the relevance of said project as usual.

however, all of that doesnt even matter at all. it is NOT a release, no matter how you put it and no matter how much you dislike cracks and think your game preview is the future. anything related to your unreleased game preview belongs elsewhere, not in the database - which is about actual releases. there is very little to argue here.

again: use the forum for promoting your work in progress stuff. eventually post it on the frontpage even. making an entry for something that wasnt even released simply doesnt make sense in the context of this database. you dont see me adding a release entry for my 4-player BMX simulator, which we already played at RCC 2005, either. not released, no entry.
2013-07-11 17:13
Ray
Account closed

This is not about that game (o: I really don't care if that record is here or not. Many of things I did aren't written here.

Nevermind. I see my profile is back. Thank you admins for respecing my wish....

R.
2013-07-11 17:32
chatGPZ

we dont remove content from the database every time someone does ragequit. if we respected everyones little wishes like that, the database would be pretty empty by now.

regarding your name and other personal info, we DO remove those on request (in fact, they shouldnt have been added without your consent in the first place) although we are NOT obliged to do that all. mind you that most things in the entries are public information that will be preserved and restored eventually even if you go berzerk on removing credits now.
Previous - 1 | 2 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
The Cracking Dane
hedning/G★P
iceout/Avatar/HF
wacek/arise
Nordischsound/Hokuto..
Mythus/Delysid