Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Pixeling > back to the roots
2005-08-24 00:27
Fabu
Account closed

back to the roots

hi ho!

well, after 12 years of "lazyness" (hehe) my first logo...

http://www.struktour.de/referenzen/internet/popelganda/c64.gif

handmade with amica paint on ccs64. what do you think? bit too oldskool, eh?!

cheers,
fabu

... 18 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2005-08-26 18:27
Ninja

Murdock: Both, drummer and painter, will use whatever they prefer to do their job. If a painter wants no computers, fine. If a drummer feels like experimenting with electronic devices, fine. If Fabu feels like doing C64-logos again and just has an emulator, fine too (and hooray from me!). You are free to dislike it but with what reason can you define it as "lame"?
2005-08-26 19:33
Honesty

@tdj:Hm the final result is whaT counts?
Hey when u wanna see only great and styled final effects go to resource mania mashines like pc...
Sure it is equal from where the program comes if it is pc or real 64.
But what is and that is the diffrence:Ppl from 64 try to raise the best out from this little mashine with this low resources mostly without the help of other mashines!

Why not then accept that ppl use converters and scan pictures and repaint em a bit?they also look great and as u said the result counts ,or not?
2005-08-26 19:44
Fabu
Account closed

ok. it's seems most of you like my logo. ;-)

it's a lot of fun to be creative with amica paint again. i'll do more stuff for sure...hehe!

and it's an honor to get handshakes from great artists like jailbird & deev.

later,
fabu
2005-08-27 14:38
iopop

Offtopic as always, but does anyone care that many games from the biggest software houses were coded on a pc? Like the stuff from the Rowlands brothers and Last Ninja 3.

http://www.lemon64.com/interviews/steve_rowlands.php
http://www.lemon64.com/interviews/dan_phillips_and_robin_levy.p..

(search for "pds")

its worth to mention, since I never ever heard anyone call them lame... :)
2005-08-27 14:48
Honesty

... @ Iopop:No one calls ppl lame using ... Or is every coder doing cross development lame aswell?

I don´t thing so.
But there are unfair conditions using another system for rendering or converting.
Nah in end effect the same i wrote in the first post.

;-)
2005-08-29 21:13
Sledge

Quote: interlace only flickers ugly in emulators, I bet all lace haters use emus =) haha

Nope.. shimmers och flickers.. no matter what, the beauty in 160x200 is everything. If the desire for higher resolution and colours are too high, there are nice platforms like Amiga and PC for that.. :) We have been blessed with a very charming multicolor mode, and I see the beauty in doing stuff real good with what you have initially... :)

IMHO it's alot easier to do a nice pic if you have more colors and square pixels. The challange is to make 4 colors in a 4x8 pixel square look good you know.. ;)

But I do not disrespect those who like other modes aswell, since it's really the "enjoyment" of the picture that counts in the end. Not the painters personal challanges..

And yes.. I think it should be pixeled on the C64 directly if possible.
2005-08-29 21:22
Sledge

Quote: Offtopic as always, but does anyone care that many games from the biggest software houses were coded on a pc? Like the stuff from the Rowlands brothers and Last Ninja 3.

http://www.lemon64.com/interviews/steve_rowlands.php
http://www.lemon64.com/interviews/dan_phillips_and_robin_levy.p..

(search for "pds")

its worth to mention, since I never ever heard anyone call them lame... :)

Argh! What are you saying, Iopop? Buhuu... and here we are working like hell on the c64 to get things look cool, when our idols don't seems to care.. :(

No really.. it's no news that big companies used the pc for developement. And the convert-artists have always been here. Some are better than others. Ooh.. games like Street Figther II comes to my mind.. horrible. If you convert I think you can demand good results, otherwise it's no use to convert if it looks like hell..
2005-08-29 22:25
Tch
Account closed

Quote: Nope.. shimmers och flickers.. no matter what, the beauty in 160x200 is everything. If the desire for higher resolution and colours are too high, there are nice platforms like Amiga and PC for that.. :) We have been blessed with a very charming multicolor mode, and I see the beauty in doing stuff real good with what you have initially... :)

IMHO it's alot easier to do a nice pic if you have more colors and square pixels. The challange is to make 4 colors in a 4x8 pixel square look good you know.. ;)

But I do not disrespect those who like other modes aswell, since it's really the "enjoyment" of the picture that counts in the end. Not the painters personal challanges..

And yes.. I think it should be pixeled on the C64 directly if possible.

I truly appreciate your stance on formats! 8)

But I am working on a picture for Primary Star in UFLI and I hope you´ll like my effort in a 288x200 resolution.
It is completely C64,you know. ;)
2005-08-30 00:00
Deev

Quote:
Nope.. shimmers och flickers.. no matter what, the beauty in 160x200 is everything. If the desire for higher resolution and colours are too high, there are nice platforms like Amiga and PC for that.. :) We have been blessed with a very charming multicolor mode, and I see the beauty in doing stuff real good with what you have initially... :)

I actually find the opposite :) I've probably done more interlace these past few years than standard multicolour graphics, and whenever I go back to pixelling in multicolour mode, I always find it surprising what I can get away with when I don't have to worry about potential flickering. A lot of those extra colours in IFLI are used JUST on anti-aliasing to keep flicker under control! :) I also find IFLI is much more time-consuming, it may only have twice the pixels, but takes me 10 times the amount of time to create something with!

I totally agree though that it's the picture that really counts. There's some great things done in all modes. The mode is was created in doesn't matter so much, if it works well on the screen.
2005-08-30 18:52
Honesty

I mean it isnot bad using cross development.
I mean using a c64 with reu is even not th normal mode. ;)
And to be honest every coder knows that thwe normal memory filled with tas and then with source code gives u less changes to create bigger projects aswell.
So ppl start looking for posibilities to get more free memory to release their dreams in bit.

Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Flex/Artline Designs
Didi/Laxity
Yodelking/Defiers
TheEnemy/TREX/THD
zscs
Alakran_64