Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Composing > Goat tracker sample files.
2005-05-28 20:26
tatqoo^tqa
Account closed

Goat tracker sample files.

Hi.

First let me apologize for posting a question that probably has been answered on this forum.

I would like to try Goat Tracker but i need more example tunes.

Can somebody point me to some resources ?

You should know, that i am totally c-64 newbie. I am an Atari 8-bit musician , you can find my tunes (mostly covers) in Rater Music Tracker package.

So, any nice guys to help with sample tracks and maybe even some other c-64 music resources ? (e.g. theory).

Thanks in advance.

tatqoo

... 37 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2005-06-01 11:54
Hate Bush

> You can use the 6 command to change the adSR

Be careful tho'. Using that command is dangerous, 'coz it sometimes results in very loud, unpleasant note attacks. (Dunno why. Player bug? Me too stupid to understand the SID behaviour? Emulation sucks?)
2005-06-01 12:09
Turtle
Account closed

Yep, I experienced the same effect as Randall by using the 6 cmd. Hein, using filter and/or ringmodulation sounds interesting. I have to try it out immediately.
2005-06-01 13:59
Hein

Quote: > You can use the 6 command to change the adSR

Be careful tho'. Using that command is dangerous, 'coz it sometimes results in very loud, unpleasant note attacks. (Dunno why. Player bug? Me too stupid to understand the SID behaviour? Emulation sucks?)

yes, noticed it too. If Decay is set, the 6 command wont have much effect, tough.

Dunno why the tick remains with very low Sustain values, but without headphone it dont matter, only when listening to a tune with headphone it may be noticable.

Ow, and a Release value of 0 can also cause a tick. Dont know why, but a value of 1 or higher should solve it.
2005-06-01 17:56
Bamu®
Account closed

When I use echos..., then I made Instruments
whitch use this wavetable or similar

ADSR: 009C
Wavetable:

11 80
41 00
FF 00

Its important that "AD" are zero.
Now, when you use a 6xy-cmd you can make
echos without ugly "noise" before note starts
I never testet this "trick" on a real machine,
but I think there shouldn't be any problems

@ Randall:
Yes, Emulation sucks!!!! You never can be sure
how it will sound on real SID :(
I spend more time to analyze my tunes,
if they would be playable on the real thing,
then composing...

@ Hein:
How long do you take for one of your cool songs?
2005-06-01 17:59
Turtle
Account closed

You can find my GT-files at http://www.getsepsis.de/downloads/gt_pack.zip.

But some should be opened in earlier versions of GT (pre 1.5 I think).
2005-06-01 22:13
Hein

@Nata: depends on the complexity of the composition and the complexity of the sounds. Composing usually takes about 1 to 3 evenings, but the finetuning can take a lot longer. (Some tunes never become the way I wish, so no matter how much finetuning, it remains crap, and its especially demotivating when creating a 6581 tune, hearing it on 8580, thinking that I have to make a compromise, which is unsettling after many bitchanges to get the sound I wish. ;)) So, big respect to the old and new masters who mainly work on their composition, and have a good palet of instruments that sound good on all sid chips.

@Turtle: Goody, nice of you to share your tunes.
2005-06-02 11:36
Hate Bush

> Yes, Emulation sucks!!!! You never can be sure
> how it will sound on real SID :(

Well, and exaggeration could be bad for your health. :) As long as you're not using twisted tricks (not my case lately, I'm afraid) and stick to 8580 (which is emulated way better than 6581), latest emulation engines should suffice.
But of course, a real machine for testing purposes is always _very_ welcome.
2005-06-02 16:05
Raf

recently I started to use fake hardsid - c64 connected to pc via pc64 - it acts exactly as hardsid in case software uses hardsid.dll (tested with:gt , vice , sidulator ,ccs, _old_ sidplay (new sux - requires special driver), acid64).this method is desribed in gt's help but the files can't be downloaded from web any more so thanks for Booker with supplying me . IMO main disadvantage is that it doesn't work with hardsid midi's capabilities... probably it's handled ommiting hardsid.dll in original drivers for hardsid. But who cares? you can make music handy on PC while really real sid is playing.
2005-06-04 22:06
Raf

and there is anothort thing I just "un-forgotten" ... it's probably question to Cadaver - why does songs written under GT sound differently on GT , sidplay and vice when all these programs use same ReSID library?

and maybe a small trick - Cadaver , what you think about adding sid base addy select for packer in "one-sid" GT? (it might be useful with some crazy ideas like connecting sid to other 6502-based machines with different address space - I thought once about disassembling atari 2600 and converting it to portable sid player and it has got addy space of only $2000 :) anyway it will probably rest untouched but it may a tip for hardware hackers , who knows if sid-cart for a2600 would be better ? ;-) )
2005-06-05 10:35
Linus

lo,

I'd like to contribute with some example files aswell.
Here are two tracks I did for a live performance.

http://www.medienservice-lamers.de/linus/vegas_live_perf_vers.s..
s8/e1/a0100

http://www.medienservice-lamers.de/linus/somedaysoon_live_perf_..
s4/e1/a0100

Have phun and keep them .sng files coming :)

Greetz,
Linus/VRZ
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Durandal
Acidchild/Padua
Didi/Laxity
E$G/hOKUtO fOrcE
Guests online: 120
Top Demos