Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Bug Reports > uppercase/lowercase mixup
2006-05-15 19:51
dalezy

uppercase/lowercase mixup

it's not exactly a bug report, but more a thing that bugs me. for some reason, all the info (releases, additional info) on my page magically transformed from plain lowercase to words that start with an uppercase letter. any idea what could have caused that, or what it's good for? =)

not sure if the effort of changing all that back now is worth it, as i don't know if there's anyone having his hands on my db-entry ..

... 16 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2006-07-06 12:02
cba

Quote: and there is still no list of the admins.... *sigh*

Yup it's time that this will be published at CSDB.

Who are the admins and are they really doing the work
as they are supposed to :)

Niels
2006-07-06 12:03
Scout

Quote: and there is still no list of the admins.... *sigh*

Yeah!

/me holds donation-money in Perff's face

---
Commodore 64 Scenemusic Podcast
http://8bitmayhem.blogspot.com/
2006-07-06 12:28
Perff
Administrator

I guess we are now WAAAYYY out of topic, but whatever..

The admins are:
Me (Perff), CyberBrain and KBS (these are the active admins which were never a secret.)
Then comes the rest of the danish NN-crew, but they don't visit CSDb very often anymore, so they don't really count.
These are the admins because they were a part of the team who developed CSDb 5 years ago.

These admins can do more or less anything to the data in CSDb, that means edit anything and delete anything. They also have access to some admin-tools which can do stuff.
Becides that, I'm personally the only one with ftp/ssh access to the server, and direct access to the DB.

Then we have a couple of trusted users, and the only thing they can, is overwrite locking of entries, that means edit stuff that is locked.
The way these people were chosen was because of their interest in cleaning up CSDb, so after these people had mailed me 10+ times regarding wrong stuff that needed fixing, but that they couldn't because it was locked, I granted them the "trusted" status, saying that it would be removed if they abused it.

The reason why I keep it a secret who is trusted, is because I don't want spread out who have additional access to edit data without telling them at first, and at the point in time when I "invented" this trusted status it was supposed to be a secret. :)

But if you few guys out there with a trusted status don't mind (you know who you are), I can let your names out in the open - or you can request to get your status removed if you prefer that.

"Trusted user" = one we admins trust not to fuck stuff up, so we grant them access to edit locked entries so we don't get tons of requests for fixing locked entries. This is NOT the same as admin!!!

So.. well. Thats about it! Your move.
2006-07-06 12:34
Scout

Okay, my move...

Are there any PTV members which are trusted users?
A simple yes or no will do fine.

---
Commodore 64 Scenemusic Podcast
http://8bitmayhem.blogspot.com/
2006-07-06 12:36
Perff
Administrator

Aaahh.. crap.. Now I need to cross-reference..

2sec.... (will edit this post in a few minutes even if someone replies - one of my admin rights. :) (Trusted users can't do that) )

Edit:
Answer: NO! (At least not as far as I could figure - yesyes. I'm not the one with most insight in who is a member of what etc. That was one of the reasons that I wanted to make CSDb in the first place. :) )
2006-07-06 12:46
chatGPZ

i really cant see a single reason why those trusted users shouldnt be publicly known. other than to protect them from beeing eaten alive when they are going berzerk on the data - which ofcourse shouldnt be an issue at all.

so if any of these trusted user doesnt want his trusted status to be publicly visible, i wont trust him at all basically.

(also, it should be visible who unlocked what and who did which changes, much like in a wiki. but thats another story)
2006-07-07 10:12
dalezy

as far as i learned, it's not trusted as in the users have to trust them and their actions, but more as in trustable when it comes to loyality inside the team and the ability to keep an eye on stuff, in whatever way.

tho, i still don't get why trusted users have to wear the coat of secretly volunteering people who have to keep shut. it's not like this is a dutch pharmacy site.
2006-08-30 22:59
maestro

2 admins i believe are perff and shake!!!!
2006-09-25 11:26
FMan
Account closed

Ins't "pixeling" ok, just like "canceling"? :)
2009-03-17 02:59
jailbird

Quoting FMan
Ins't "pixeling" ok, just like "canceling"? :)

You're right, actually this is a regional issue:

The general rule is that the final consonant is doubled if the final syllable is stressed.
For example: Transfer > Transferred > Transferring
Offer > Offered > Offering.
The exception to this rule is words ending in “l” in BE are always doubled. AE has logic strongly on its side.

But I'm still wondering if merging of graphician sub-functions into one will ever happen? I believe that most of the pixellers agree on this topic.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Paul Bearer
TheRyk/MYD!
ϵʟʞ/ₐтₐ
McMeatLoaf
csio/monarchy c+4
Martin Piper