Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Bug Reports > two nicks in one group..
2007-09-03 21:06
Rough
Account closed

two nicks in one group..

when a person changes its nick e.g. Samson into e.g. Raffo but remains in the same group, both nicks listed seperately at the group's member status.

I suggest listing it up as 'Raffo/Samson' in one line combined (neweer nick first).

2007-09-04 07:51
Perff
Administrator

This problem has been up before. I know it's perhaps not the best solution as it is now, but to do as you sugest isn't nessesarily as easy as it sounds.
The problem is that when the same person is member of the same group under different handles, it is stored in the database as two different entries with their seperate info about when they entered, and which functions they had.
I know that in most cases, the situation would be as you say, that a scener simply changes his handle while still being member of the same group, and having the same functions, but you could also have the situation, where either the functions changed, or even that a person left the group, and then later rejoined under a different handle. In such case I don't think the solution to just write 'handle1/handle2' in the member list would work. Then they should have their individual entry.
I guess it could be solved anyway, but I havn't had the time to figure out what to do in all types of situations that might show up, so I left it at the simple solution. :)

Sugestions are welcome.

2007-09-04 08:02
chatGPZ

i would combine the handles in one line like rough suggested (also in the timeline, its kinda annoying there like it is now), and provide a "details" link/button which shows all the additional info. afterall most of the time you want to know wether some _person_ was in a group (or when); what handle he used or what function he had is detail info (which is often obvious anyway, and impossible to handle properly in all possible combinations).
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Fred/Channel 4
Menace/Spaceballs
Majikeyric
Acidchild/Padua
Martin Piper
Nordischsound/Hokuto..