Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Feedback > My suggestion for adding intros
2007-09-24 10:24
Rough
Account closed

My suggestion for adding intros

Okay, I've made up the following concept.

When someone adds a new release and he chooses C64 Crack there should be an extra
menu/prompt popping up at the edit screen

saying..

SEARCH INTRO (style like searching for a person)

you can check if it is the proper intro, if YES and the credits of the used intro are accurate to the ones in the database you just click it to have a link from the crack to the intro and vice versa

if the intro wasnt in the database yet or uses a char, music etc. which isnt credited yet on its intro page

you may edit following:

Name: (as mostly intros names are unknown I'd say we either call them like GROUPNAME INTRO or GROUPNAME INTRO 01, 02 etc....
Aka: e.g. if an intro has a special name which doesnt indicate its originating group this is the place to write GROUPNAME INTRO
Released at: not sure if this shall be implented, but some cracks were released at parties, if that info is important for the intro..
Release date: should name the date of the crack this intro got released first
Pouet ID: does Pouet take intros? if yes, this option aswell

Upload Screenshot from this Intro (I personally prefer a screenshot from the very first use)
Released by groups and sceners: at the entries of the intros I already uploaded I did not add this cos they are no official releases, nevertheless it could be interesting when intros were done by someone else than its group e.g. several 711 intros (Tera, Light..) still this should be usually be part of the credits when they would be 100% accurate, meaning having exact joining/leaving dates but this is an utopian wish. 8)
Credits:
Coding, Graphics, Charset, Music, PAL/NTSC fix, Text (anything else?)
now it gets tricky!
It should be possible to alter the release date for each entered credit, e.g. in the Hotline Intro with the different appearances (mostly used by C&C Hotline Intro 28) they first used JCH's X-Ray and later Edwin's Groove is in the Heart, having 'Groove is in the Heart' credited on the same day as the first use of the intro would be stupid, it's probably havent been composed on that day yet.
Difficulties occuring: If the newer music is by the same guy as the earlier one...

Shall every intro use be credited? I say no, this would follow to enormous lists e.g. on Woodo/Fairlight or David M. Hanlon being credited a 100 times for one intro, first use is enough.
Events which this releae contains information about (hm, part of the intro or of the crack....)

SIDs ûsed in this release
obviously the release date of each used SID should be changeable manually too! Release dates for SIDs are used on their particular page which lists all the releases they were used inside at the bottom of the page, not using individual release credit date would mess up the correct chronological order of the list

Cracks this intro was used for:
shall be able to merge with the proper crack, in the usual mode (searching, new crack blabla)

Download Links:
Several options
a) none
b) all the cracks this been used for, is interesting and quicker to download than going to all the pages this intro was used on, often used intros like Fairlight's Woodo could be bundled up in a .RAR archive (someone's gotta take care of that, cos they need to be updated... me?!)
c) the ripped intro like on Zyron's site, I personally dislike this option, but it seems to be liked by many sceners, besides it could also be linked to the proper page on intros.c64.org

Upload file (concludes from b+c above)

Reason for not adding a download link (dito)

Shall the intro credit pop in a sceners profile? Yes, but only once, at first use

Shall the intro credit pop in a groups profile? Not sure about that, it was never released like a demo/crack, still could be interesting in that case when e.g. Tera did an intro for 711..

Furthermore I strongly support an original/ripped use of e.g. char, music checker! Both for release and sceners/groups, in the later the ripped credits could be set up in an own list below the original credits list

- suggestions, improvements, criticism, insisting on wrong conclusions in my argumentation, contradictions? let me know

... 35 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2007-09-29 14:14
wreg
Account closed

Quote: This is stupid and redundant IMO.

Simply make a link to intros.c64.org!

BAH

to push this further:

please stop adding demos, its redundant, just add a link to www.c64.ch! ;-)

redundancy is not given with adding intros here
its not the whole internet which is the database!

just let ppl add what they want!
you are welcome to switch those categories off (in your user-settings) so you dont see them anymore

well, that would require they are all added in the right category (as 'crackintros' even if that sounds stupid to some ppl) and not as general 'intros'...

talk to the ppl adding them as intros, making it impossible to filter them out for you...
2007-10-02 20:01
Scout

Did somebody notice the following?
If the entry is a C64 Cracktro you can't select a crack which used the intro. If you set the entry to C64 Intro it works.

:-\
2007-10-02 20:18
wreg
Account closed

i had been told that it works for both, that was a week ago :-)
2007-10-02 20:28
Scout

Quote: i had been told that it works for both, that was a week ago :-)

Nope :(
2007-10-02 20:31
Rough
Account closed

8)
2007-10-02 20:41
wreg
Account closed

too bad i havent checked that myself :)
2007-10-03 16:19
wreg
Account closed

ok, i have tested it and it does now
hooray for perff :-)
2007-10-04 04:13
Steppe

Someone hit me with a cluestick, but how do I assign an intro to a crack from within the crack edit page?
I can assign a crack to an intro from within an intro edit page, but that's quite tiresome.
2007-10-04 04:59
chatGPZ

i think thats still on the todo list :)
2012-03-29 17:00
Marauder/GSS
Account closed

just wondering... does an intro increase release-count (e.g. group)? if yes, isn't this double then as it's not a standalone release? and does it also count for statistic?
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
ϵʟʞ/ₐтₐ
Paul Bearer
TheRyk/MYD!
McMeatLoaf
csio/monarchy c+4
Martin Piper