Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Feedback > Milestone Demo Chart
2003-06-20 18:05
Eyeth
Account closed

Milestone Demo Chart

Hello.

Previously, I had started a Milestone topic in an CSDb forum:

Milestone Demo?

What I would like to see in CSDb is a voting function for a Top Milestone demo. I don't know if this is possible. This voting system needs to be transparent to prevent vote manipulation. The votes would be transparent to the CSDb authors and the final vote tally would be later posted to CSDb.

I wonder if the CSDb can make a special page for this voting function? There needs to be an explanatory text about how to vote for a milestone (and not to vote for favorites) and a link to the Milestone topic at CSDb if people want to discuss the topic. I would like for this webpage to be advertised on c64.sk, lemon64.com, cbm.videocam.net.au, etc. as to garner some publicity and get more votes for this endeavor.

I would give out ten demo suggestions for this Milestone Demo display page. These ten demo suggestions would have their link to the corresponding CSDb entry and hopefully a link to the corresponding Demo Dungeon entry maintained by Steppe. This way, users can link onto the demo suggestion and immediately refresh their minds or try out the demo as to determine if it is worthy of a milestone status. Now, I just have to pick out ten worthy ones... :)

Out of these ten demo suggestions, a user would pick out three demos and rank them 1,2,3 for the purposes of voting. I would require all three slots be filled. These votes are then tabulated by the CSDb database and stored. For now, I don't want a running total of the votes to be displayed as I don't want these results to unduly influence new voters. I'm hoping to close the voting for the Milestone Demo when at least fifty votes are tabulated and stored. If the votes are too close, i.e., by +2 or -2, I may extend it to sixty votes or more as needed. It would be nice to have 100 votes, but I doubt it'll happen.

When the Milestone Demo voting is closed, CSDb should then make the results available for all to see. From that point, I will write up an article about the Top Milestone Demo for a North American NTSC Commodore publication. I think that having the community of CSDb to vote on a Milestone Demo would give the winner a touch of legitimacy as I don't want to write about such a demo when it only contains my subjective opinion.

Let me know if this is possible. If it isn't possible, I may have to resort to an email solution and have CSDb users email me their votes, etc.

Enjoy.
-Todd Elliott
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
WVL/Xenon
Acidchild/Padua
psych
Aomeba/Artline Desig..
El Gato
Jazzcat/Onslaught