Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Feedback > "ignore" certain groups?
2008-06-23 14:46
enthusi

"ignore" certain groups?

Is it possible to not only chose to display "demos only" but also introduce some selection of groups to be ignored?
I feel a general tendency to do so among several sceners.
However discussable this point of view is, it would for the moment maybe help to avoid some bashing and CSDb users could "generate" an exclusive understanding of "their" scene.
I think some ignore-groups-list would suffice - however I assume this is way more complex on the server-side than ignore single user-posts?

Maybe people have an opinion on this feature?

enthusi

... 36 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2008-06-27 06:14
cba

Quote: It's pretty easy to sort out what's retarded and what is not.

Releases from onslaught,hokuto force,nostalgia,remember,the remembers,trazan,scout,groepaz,twoflower,taper,hitmen is TEH shit.
These guys were around back in the early days of the scene and should be the ones who makes the rules.
Everyone else = RETARDED and should be banned.

I say YEAH !, all others should go to csdb-retards.com

:)
2008-06-27 22:08
Danzig

you want beer but there is none... so you buy the more expensive stuff, like a bottle of fine scotch...

do the same here!

you want to ignore groups but that is no option... so you take the other one: ignore urls :D

just stay away...
2008-06-27 22:13
Kater
Account closed

I have heard that are some members of Crypt are banned from here newly. Is this the true? And if yes, what´s the reason for it?
2008-06-27 22:20
chatGPZ

ask them? (i give you a hint: it started four years ago, and it didnt stop: http://noname.c64.org/csdb/forums/?roomid=8&topicid=8627&showal..)
2008-06-27 23:19
Kater
Account closed

Well, okay i´ll read it through the night or / and tomorrow, coz now i´m to drunken for it... ;-) better stop writing now, or you will also bann me.. *gg* but just one question: why are habakuk and troublemaker are banned?
2008-06-28 01:37
chatGPZ

pardon, secret man pointed out (in his usual kind way) that his deleting and threat to delete more wasn't the only silly thing that was needed to get banned. sorry for giving that impression.
2008-06-28 02:29
The Phantom

I think the idea of banning people because of what they release is pretty lame. Sure there are MANY recently trained games that should have stayed where they were found, but obviously, someone felt they should be released, yet again.

It does sicken me to see these lame releases, but again, at least someone's trying to keep it going, regardless of the low quality crap that I've been seeing here lately.

The answer is simple really. Don't look at it :)

I do, however, like the idea of being able to look at a specific genre, like DEMOS, instead of everything that particular group may have done.

To implement something such as Enthusi suggested, each user would require a "file" that would depict what they want to see. At the end of each and every group in CSDb's database, a check box saying "Ignore this group" would be checked by the user. I see it in my mind, but to put it in code is blocked by major amounts of vodka & Khaos :)
2008-06-28 02:46
chatGPZ

*anyone* who was ever banned on csdb (which are only like 10 people, a LOT less than you'd expect on a forum with this many users) was banned because of silly behaviour, not listening to the mods, getting warned, more silly behaviour, threatening moderators, etc. (repeat)

noone will get banned because of lame releases ever (if anything, the releases might get deleted)

and yeah, maybe one of the mentioned persons got banned in the heat that another of the mentioned persons caused (who deserved the ban no doubt, and who has no chance to come back ever because of his threats). those persons may thank their "kind" group mate for getting sucked into it, and might come back some time in the future.

2008-06-28 04:27
The Phantom

That's pretty amazing to read.. It takes a lot to get banned on this site.

No worries with me though.. My warring days are long gone, although, I've been yearning to start something with a particular group that can't be mentioned. If I did, i might could be banned, and that would never do. CSDb is one of my favorite places to visit, upload, check out new stuff (regardless how old it is) and see what the scene is up to. hell, i can even help somebody out if I knew WTF they were talking about, hehe.

I do, however, think we've went off topic though.
2008-06-28 09:12
Axis
Account closed

troublemaker and habakuk are banned , too..

why???
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
encore
cba
Linus/MSL
Clown
Higgie/Kraze/Onslaught
Guests online: 166