Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user juanjosescg ! (Registered 2024-04-16) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Feedback > Cookies on CSDB
2012-09-03 15:56
SIDWAVE
Account closed

Cookies on CSDB

when i go www.csdb.dk - i am logged in (cookie works)
when i go csdb.dk - i am not logged in
when i click a csdb release or other link, from irc, website - i am not logged in

any chance this can work properly ?
as long as the cookie is on my computer, i should always stay logged in. (to avoid the commercials, and ability to read my inbox etc.)

... 7 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2012-09-04 11:08
Acidchild

yes, it's blocked because of games..might be advertising or whatever...anyway, the other adress is working.
2012-09-04 12:07
Adam

2012-09-04 13:21
Oswald

Quote: I have never used www.csdb.dk ;)

+1
2012-09-04 14:57
JackAsser

Quote: It's the same server and same files.

I would prefer if everyone would used csdb.dk - it's the shortes one, and very easy to remember I think. :)
the www.csdb.dk is just there for dummies. ;)

Out there on the internet is tons of links to the old domain noname.c64.org/csdb so I guess that one should continue to work as today?

Is there an easy way to autofarward any path on a domain to another? So that noname.c64.org/csdb/release/?id=xx -> csdb.dk/release/?id=xx ?

mod_rewrite: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_rewrite.html
2012-09-05 08:58
Perff
Administrator

About blocking - I have always wondered, because at my work almost every C64-related site (and many others computer/nerd/gaming sites) is blocked, except CSDb (both csdb.dk & noname.c64.org)!
Strange.. :)
(and no Slayradio or radio6581! :( - any tips?)

@JackAsser: Thanks for the mod_rewrite link. Learned something today also. :)
2012-09-05 11:51
Skate

If your company security is not very high level but you are behind a firewall, don't try to bypass the firewall, bypass the internet connection directly. :) if you have rights to modify some OS configuration;

* disable the current network adapter.
* connect your smartphone as a modem and have your own 3G/4G internet.

If you are working at a bank, that wouldn't work. You probably cannot even use the USB port without permission. But if that's not the case, who cares about what your company blocked, you don't have to use their internet!

Just be sure not to get caught. I will not be responsible if you'd be kicked off from your company. ;))))
2012-09-06 10:34
Perff
Administrator

Quoting Skate

yesyes. :) That would be the easy solution, but then I would loose connections to all network drives etc. = can't work.
Also though of just streaming directly from my phone, but that would take quote some bandwidth over time.

Used some proxy earlier, which worked to some extend, but dosn't anymore. :/ Not sure why.
2012-09-06 11:00
JackAsser

Quote: Quoting Skate

yesyes. :) That would be the easy solution, but then I would loose connections to all network drives etc. = can't work.
Also though of just streaming directly from my phone, but that would take quote some bandwidth over time.

Used some proxy earlier, which worked to some extend, but dosn't anymore. :/ Not sure why.

Well... the one does not exclude the other. Simply have your phone modem's gateway as default gateway and only use the ethernet as gateway for your local ip-series (192.168.x.x or what ever net-size you have at work).

man route

RTFM

:D
2012-09-06 11:39
Perff
Administrator

Quoting JackAsser
Well... the one does not exclude the other. Simply have your phone modem's gateway as default gateway and only use the ethernet as gateway for your local ip-series (192.168.x.x or what ever net-size you have at work).

man route

RTFM

:D

Nice - if I can get it to work.
It would however not solve the issue of limited data on my phone. :)
As said, I could always just stream directly using my phone (doing it right now - very simple), but if the solution should be valid in the long term, I would need to use the company network - or buy more GB on my phonesubscription. (which I won't! ;) )
2012-09-07 00:14
Skate

I'm using HMA (HideMyAss) VPN service for last two years. It limits my connection to 1 MBit but helps me to reach any content on the web without any extra effort. Since my fuckin' government decided to ban any site they don't like or understand (!), VPN is the only way to survive here.

...and that's extremely relevant with the cookies on CSDB. :))))
Previous - 1 | 2 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Frostbyte/Artline De..
TheRyk/MYD!
csabanw
anonym/padua
Didi/Laxity
Guests online: 227