Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Questions > How to add a bugfix?
2004-09-01 19:30
Dizzy Devil

How to add a bugfix?

Hi,

what do you think is the proper way to include a fixed version of a demo into the db?

I've uploaded some bugfixes as releases of their own, set the group to the group who released the original, and added a comment explaining what I've changed.(example - search for "summer code 3")

If there is already an entry for the original version, I could upload the fixed version and add it to this entry, as I've just done with "Bloempjes&Bytjes"/Silicon Ltd; but I think there's no proper way to mark the additional download as a different version. And adding myself with a "fixed-by"-credit to the original release seems not quite correct as well.

Any advice on this would be appreciated...

... 12 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2004-09-24 05:27
hollowman

gamebase64 only offers the version they consider to be the best, or? and waiting for masons site to come online feels a bit hopeless
2004-09-24 14:33
Earthshaker

Quote: gamebase64 only offers the version they consider to be the best, or? and waiting for masons site to come online feels a bit hopeless

Yes and after all this is the SCENE database. Not a DEMO database.
2004-09-24 14:36
TDJ

Quote: Yes and after all this is the SCENE database. Not a DEMO database.

I know, never said it wasn't. But the problem that originally was adressed was not how to handle different cracks of the same game (basically different productions, as the group that did the crack made it unique) , but what to do with different versions of the same demo (same production). And somehow that was lost because people starting saying 'crack crack crack' all the time :)
2004-09-24 23:20
Hein

Quote: I know, never said it wasn't. But the problem that originally was adressed was not how to handle different cracks of the same game (basically different productions, as the group that did the crack made it unique) , but what to do with different versions of the same demo (same production). And somehow that was lost because people starting saying 'crack crack crack' all the time :)

I was only wondering about it, because I tried adding credits for a scener who participated in the production of a game, but some crackers have locked their cracks, crack, over.
2004-09-25 10:18
Earthshaker

Quote: I know, never said it wasn't. But the problem that originally was adressed was not how to handle different cracks of the same game (basically different productions, as the group that did the crack made it unique) , but what to do with different versions of the same demo (same production). And somehow that was lost because people starting saying 'crack crack crack' all the time :)

OK, sorry for that, misunderstanding from my side. :)

But on topic. I think the best way to add a bugfix is to just add the file to the already filed demo. Just add some comments and voila. But that was said before i think.
2004-09-25 12:44
TDJ

Quote: OK, sorry for that, misunderstanding from my side. :)

But on topic. I think the best way to add a bugfix is to just add the file to the already filed demo. Just add some comments and voila. But that was said before i think.

Yes, by me, glad somebody else sees the light.

NOW FOLLOW ME TOWARDS WORLD DOMINATION! :)
2004-09-25 14:23
Shake

Ehr wait for a sec ;) now if those links can be added free to locked records, that would be perfect! -> you may proceed with the world domination
2004-09-26 09:22
Earthshaker

Quote: Yes, by me, glad somebody else sees the light.

NOW FOLLOW ME TOWARDS WORLD DOMINATION! :)

YES MASTER!
2004-09-26 09:24
Earthshaker

Quote: Ehr wait for a sec ;) now if those links can be added free to locked records, that would be perfect! -> you may proceed with the world domination

Isn't there a way to still be able to add downloadlinks to locked records. That would indeed fix the problem. More work for the maintainers. ;)
2004-09-26 11:07
Perff
Administrator

Quote: Isn't there a way to still be able to add downloadlinks to locked records. That would indeed fix the problem. More work for the maintainers. ;)

There isn't now, but we might fix that.. :)
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Freeze/Blazon
da Blondie/Resource
Scooby/G★P/Light
Monte Carlos/Cascade
Guests online: 190
Top Demos