Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Questions > Well the time has come :)
2006-03-28 08:12
Wanderer
Account closed

Well the time has come :)

After seeing Onslaught's release of a 1991 game re-released in the year 2006, I did a quick peek around the internet.

It turns out that this game was released public domain and unprotected originally. Further research showed that it was once available on GB64 and it currently exists on Romreactor as a download.

Seeing how Onslaught could take something from 14 years ago, label it a "first release" on their website, I had to laugh.

So I found a version that had TAU The Austrian Union in it. We all know TAU wasn't around in 1990 and as Jazzcat said, pucrunch wasn't around either. Maybe he mail traded the disk, I don't know.

My point is, this game had already made its way around the internet and in 2006, ONS found it and decided to label it a first release.

Remembering what happened when I came back to the scene, with my attempt at mimicking this pathetic trend, I decided to go out on the same note. I purposely downloaded two Loadstar games from Romreactor. One I decided to make a single file game, the other I left alone.

Imagine the complaints to Perff, especially from Onslaught about this. Apparently it was okay for them to have an original 14 years old, do nothing to it except change some sprites and re-release it. And if I took a Loadstar original from the same year, one-filed it, Jazzcat cried like a baby.

This goes to prove what I've maintained all along. The scene truly does suck. Take a look at the comments in the 1000 Miler to see examples of this.

Did we really need to have a few changed sprites, and remove a bit of junk from memory to justify an Onslaught release? Was it really a "first release"? What a joke.

Since 2005, I have laughed at the complete and utter shit thats been released. A bowling game written in BASIC put out by Triad??? Loadstar games written in BASIC from ONS?

It's too bad that people have resorted to re-releasing shit. Really sad... almost as sad as Simon whining in every comment he can follow up to :)

Perff has advised me that because of all the complaints, he is going to lock my account for a while. This was something that we had mutually agreed upon - in fact in December when I was planning to quit the scene, I told him I WANTED him to take control of the account and lock it. This way he would maintain it while I left.

I decided to hold off until the game was finished, and now that it is, the time has come :) Unfortunately I find it pretty bad that groups like Onslaught and Remember can put out 1984 shit and justify it - and if I attempt to improve something, Jazzy gets all upset.

I guess he wants to be the one to release Loadstar games that are freely downloadable from RomReactor :)

I'm deleting my entries on CSDB because at this point, I can only say the scene has never been so lame. I've never seen such crap being released and uploading those two games were a "test" to see if they'd be accepted.

I'm sure ONS will continue the proud tradition of releasing BASIC games.

This is indeed the last good bye :)

... 11 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2006-03-28 08:56
Style
Account closed

Stop arguing guys.

Whatever makes wdr leave faster........

2006-03-28 08:57
Wanderer
Account closed

Quote: seems we're agreeing in atleast about your releases:

"I've never seen such crap being released"
"I have laughed at the complete and utter shit"

Try to notice that the scene is about demos, and the cracking scene is non existant except the nostalgia groups.

arguing about cracking 14 years old / basic games is ridiculous alone.

Unfortunately I dont think this is the last farewell from you. Atleast try to make the pause as long as possible before you return.

You're just upset because you wanted a new condom :)

While the demo scene is alive and well, the cracking scene is of course dead. Does this mean that we resort to pawning off games as being the 'first' release when Google, GB64 and RomReactor all indicate these have been released to the scene?

Evidentally so... and when the day comes Triad puts out a damned bowling game written in BASIC, is the day you should pack it in.

And yes it is the last farewell. About 2 minutes ago I instructed Perff to restore my entries. I think they should be preserved. And I've asked him to lock the account.

So without an account, that means no more reading forums on here. You have indeed heard the last of me.

The only reason I stuck around was to coordinate the release of two original games that were written by a US programmer but never released. I was working with another person to make an intro for them and we were to put them out.

So before I go, let me give my last words and then you can all pile on the bandwagon and flood the thread with yours.

The stuff coming out is absolute shit. Rather than waste your time changing sprites and making 3 sentence doc files, try creating something new.

Done :)
2006-03-28 08:58
Wanderer
Account closed

Quote: Wanderer: LOL. But didn't you say you had no time? How are you finding the time to delete these releases? Or even read this post?

I said I had no time to program. It takes 15 minutes to delete files but hours to code. Pay attention next time :)

2006-03-28 09:01
Jazzcat

Try creating something new? I guess you missed a few things.

It will be better for you to not be on here as you will have more free time which you mentioned you had none of apart from this benefit, almost everyone getting annoyed by your deeds and words will also be happy.

Win win situation!
2006-03-28 09:03
Zyron

Oh my, will this ever stop? These endless threads of triviality...
Try to invest your time into something creative instead, may it be digging out old games, coding demos or adding stuff to CSDB. At least do something constructive.
Removing stuff from CSDb because you're upset about old Basic-games being introlinked seems totally pointless & destructive to me. What exactly is it you're trying to prove with that sort of behaviour? That the cracking scene is dead since long? We already know that.
The CSDb is meant to be a database with information & releases from the c64 scene, may it be totally amazing demos or old Basic games from 1984. A place where people volunteer to try to preserve as much of the c64 scene as possible. Going bezerk & deleting stuff from it because of personal issues or disagreements what is a first-release or not is a very narrow minded & childish behaviour which in the end won't change anything.
Try to settle things in a grown-up manner instead & leave the information alone, it wants to be free!
2006-03-28 09:05
Wanderer
Account closed

I do believe I am able to remove my entries if I so desire.

Besides, hasn't the public opinion been that I suck, my games suck and everything is ripped? There should be no protest from any of you.

Anyway here you go Jazzcat

http://tinyurl.com/egz3y

An archived from FEBRUARY 22 showing Rom Reactor had a downloadable copy of your first release :)

In about 1 minute Perff is going to take over this account and I've got to hit the gym in 2 hours. Cheers
2006-03-28 09:09
Jazzcat

LOL. But again, it is just the original, so what? Just like when you downloaded Fungus II free-ware from Games That Weren't.

2006-03-28 09:09
cba

Quote: I do believe I am able to remove my entries if I so desire.

Besides, hasn't the public opinion been that I suck, my games suck and everything is ripped? There should be no protest from any of you.

Anyway here you go Jazzcat

http://tinyurl.com/egz3y

An archived from FEBRUARY 22 showing Rom Reactor had a downloadable copy of your first release :)

In about 1 minute Perff is going to take over this account and I've got to hit the gym in 2 hours. Cheers

My god this is lame, deleting stuff from CSDB,

Perff just lock his account and restore his entries.

2006-03-28 09:20
Style
Account closed

The sad thing is that he'll be back in about 5 minutes.
2006-03-28 09:20
Perff
Administrator

Wanderer has left CSDb!

I will restore the entries.

Topic closed!
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Brittle/Dentifrice^(?)
DeMOSic/HF^MS^BCC^LSD
Viti/Hokuto Force
aNdy/AL/Cosine
Oswald/Resource
Dano/Padua