Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user Copperhead ! (Registered 2024-05-08) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Questions > functions not showing
2006-09-14 15:23
Matt

functions not showing

this is just one example of many.
when I look into the memberstatus of Accuracy, Mr. DJ apparently has an "unknown function". yet if I click on Mr.DJ's handle it says he was a coder, swapper and ehm something else I forgot. how does that come?

and I also noticed something very wrong with the voting system. lately there was this gfx release that got 5 votes, like 4 eights and one ten. on average the release got 9,2. which is very nice but four times eight plus ten should be an average of 8,5? (eh, more or less)

or do I just have too much time on my hands? :)
2006-09-14 16:59
Zyron

You can set freelance functions for a scener on the scener update page, those are the ones you see listed on Mr. DJ.
Then you can set a sceners' functions in the groups he is/was a member of either on the group update page or on the scener update page by clicking edit after the listed groups.
2006-09-14 17:00
Perff
Administrator

I'll try to answer your question. (edit: Damn Zyron.. ;) )

First about the functions. A scener have two sets of functions attached to him. On set which is what he/she can do in genereal (freelance functions), and then a set attached to all of his memberships of groups.
Just because someone is both a cracker and coder (for example), dosn't mean he did cracks for a sertain group, and then the function "cracker" wouldn't show up on the memberstatus list.
What exactly is the case for Mr. DJ and Accuracy I don't know, but if there are something wrong, you are welcome to update the entry. :)

About the votings. I really don't want to start up a discussion about this - again, but I can tell you that the rating of an entry is NOT just a matematical average of the votes. I made some algorithms which tries to filter out fake votes, and even though I think it works well in most cases, there are situation, especially on entries with few votes, where funny things happen.

Hope that clears out a few things. :)
2006-09-14 17:02
Zyron

You described it a bit better than me though Perff :)
2006-09-14 18:00
Matt

uh I hope it didn't sound like I was complaining or anything.
thanks for explaining about the functions both of ya.
about the voting system, no worries, sounds fair enough to me.

cheers
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
taper/ΤRIΛD
chromemag
rexbeng
iceout/Avatar/HF
iAN CooG/HVSC
Guests online: 137