Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Fake Groups
2002-06-16 20:55
Richard

Fake Groups

Why do we have fake groups (lamer labels) as well as proper groups. I know some people may have released SEUCK and BASIC games, etc. but in the 1980's/Early-mid 90's, no matter what, A proper cracking group released these. Hotline, Triad and Mayhem released a few SEUCK games. Then some groups formed fake lamer labels known as 'The Bing0 Team', 'Urine', 'B0B', 'ORI' and a few others. Very strange.

Can anyone please tell me why we have these fake groups, when proper groups can actually release these games, like they did in 1980's or early 90's? Okay so you wont get bonus points for this, but fake groups is quite silly.
2002-06-16 23:54
T.M.R
Account closed

Quote: Why do we have fake groups (lamer labels) as well as proper groups. I know some people may have released SEUCK and BASIC games, etc. but in the 1980's/Early-mid 90's, no matter what, A proper cracking group released these. Hotline, Triad and Mayhem released a few SEUCK games. Then some groups formed fake lamer labels known as 'The Bing0 Team', 'Urine', 'B0B', 'ORI' and a few others. Very strange.

Can anyone please tell me why we have these fake groups, when proper groups can actually release these games, like they did in 1980's or early 90's? Okay so you wont get bonus points for this, but fake groups is quite silly.

The lamer labels are powered by the same crews as produce the proper cracks. They exist because the crackers don't feel that the games are worth the effort. SEUCK games are particular targets because everybody and his cat knows how to crack/train SEUCK...

And it's a laugh.
2002-06-17 04:54
CyberBrain
Administrator

A fake group can also be a group only releasing fake-demos (<- demos just made for fun (one of the better of these demos are F.A.K.E./The obsessed maniacs))
2002-06-17 08:26
Pater Pi
Account closed

F.A.K.E. rules....
...but TOM is no fake group, eh? 8)

2002-06-17 12:05
CyberBrain
Administrator

Point taken...
2002-06-17 14:48
Moloch

There existed MANY fake groups... almost all the major groups (1st releases) had a fake group... even the NTSC scene was full of them.

The most famous on NTSC is the lamer label AFROS. This group even released full price games from Arcade and G*P. :)

Oh, the old days when things were fun... why must things change?

2002-06-17 17:33
Richard

Quote: A fake group can also be a group only releasing fake-demos (<- demos just made for fun (one of the better of these demos are F.A.K.E./The obsessed maniacs))

Yes, I thought my lamer label 'DLX' was a laugh. :)
2002-06-17 20:54
Rough
Account closed

Richard:

Triad, Hotline etc released SEUCKers and BASIC games under their label because the idea of a fake label wasn't born yet, the first fake group AFAIK was BAD TASTE, the lamer label from Genesis Project.

Mayhem was a lame group so they didn't need a lamer group.
Or did they have one?
Not to mix up with the American importer group Mayhem which was active around 1988. They have nothing in common.

Afterall the main concept of fake groups was FUN, it was great to see in the beginning to make people guess who the fuck these lamer groups are.

Other people wanted to release certain games to prevent other groups from releasing them (in the race for release points) but still didn't want to spoil their reputation by releasing crappy games. I never really agreed with the last argument as the cracker is not responsible for the game's quality.

After 2-3 years fake groups were so common that it became extremely boring to have them.

2002-06-18 08:07
T.M.R
Account closed

i remember when Bad Taste started up i missed the joke, reading the third issue of "Bad News" was a bit of a revelation. Very nice intro, the big pic of Bonecrushing Bill and a the likkle blokey puking on the scroller...

i feel *really* old now. =-)
2002-06-18 13:39
Cupid

I'm not sure, but I doubt that bad taste was the first fake group, maybe the best "marketed" fake label :)

Another aspect of fake groups was to take the piss at how serious some people take the scene, and forget to have fun doing them productions.

Good fake demos were always the radbrekkjers demos (shape), noway was quite nice and dinosaurs was just odd :)

But like everything it became boring when every idiot knowing a bit of basic flooded the 4k compos with "funny" basic demos in their native language.

It's fun, but fake groups should always have a real group with good releases behind them. Having fake demos just because one is not skilled enough to create real ones is just odd :)
2002-06-18 14:13
CreaMD

ODD is too mild term. Pathetic, or lame sounds more adequate.
2002-06-18 19:47
Rough
Account closed

so which fake group's been the first?

that's really interesting.

2002-06-19 14:55
Cupid

TLF - The lamer force?

2002-06-19 16:58
Richard

Which lamer label was the most funniest you ever seen?

I think "The Bing0 Team" had the funniest name for a lamer label. But what's this handle 'Brian-Igen-Igen' supposed to be about? Was "Fat F#@&%s" the same as "The Bing0 Team", because Brian-Igen-Igen was also involved with that group too.
2002-06-19 18:12
CyberBrain
Administrator

"igen" is a danish word that means "again", so in english it'll be "brian-again-again".

As far as i remember there was a radio program once which had a a character called brian that said that "brian igen igen" all the time, which was very popular (people thought it was funny) - so the name is probably from there.
2002-06-24 22:40
macx

there is this guy liseberg af spiderboys, i think he got lotsa information about fakelabels. better ask him.
2002-06-29 22:00
Richard

These fake groups sound something like 'MAFIA' against lame games :)
2002-07-01 08:17
T.M.R
Account closed

Quote: These fake groups sound something like 'MAFIA' against lame games :)

Nah, that makes the whole thing sound *far* too serious, it's all about fun; look at the group names, they're not taking *anything* seriously...

The games released on fake labels are normally the ones that look like they only had a few weeks work by the developers and, if that's the case, why should a serious crack be attempted?
2002-07-01 08:51
TDJ

Wouldn't it be nice if something similair happened in the mp3 world, that means: lower sound quality for bad songs?
2002-07-01 13:00
Stryyker

Sure, nothing worse than being in dialup and getting a bad tune. If only the tunes I found good were the only ones online... :)

I guess many people have reasons for fake groups. Some for simple and obvious reasons, others to attack other groups from some anonymous angle although if you know the right people you could trace it back to a single source.
2002-07-01 17:38
CreaMD

Quote: "igen" is a danish word that means "again", so in english it'll be "brian-again-again".

As far as i remember there was a radio program once which had a a character called brian that said that "brian igen igen" all the time, which was very popular (people thought it was funny) - so the name is probably from there.

Igen also means "YES" in hungarian. So if the Brian we are speaking about was actually a hungarian (Brian / GRF? :-) iy could also mean Brian - Yes, Yes.

2002-07-01 18:07
Richard

Here's my idea for a fake group. It may sound silly but it just might work. Have a sort of crap intro screen, playing out of tune music :) with some silly text.
2002-07-01 18:29
The_Overkiller
Account closed

Quote: Nah, that makes the whole thing sound *far* too serious, it's all about fun; look at the group names, they're not taking *anything* seriously...

The games released on fake labels are normally the ones that look like they only had a few weeks work by the developers and, if that's the case, why should a serious crack be attempted?

Right! I'm a big collector of C64 games (even lame, who cares? :) ) so I thanx these lame groups for spreading them around....

Regardz
The Overkiller/Hokuto Force/PoL
2002-07-02 10:09
TDJ

Quote: Here's my idea for a fake group. It may sound silly but it just might work. Have a sort of crap intro screen, playing out of tune music :) with some silly text.

Been there, done that, at least in the demo-scene: in 1988 I was not only a member of WWE, but also of WWD (World Wide Drunk), making 3 horrible demos which became too popular for their own good :)

I released several other demos under a fake label, most of the time just to see how people would react to it if they didn't know I created it, or because it was not good enough to release under my own handle.

Example of the first category: Chaos One/Visual: a new intro and an old part from 1991, bundled together in 1994 release that got me several invitations from groups asking me to join them (I put my parents address in a scroll).

To those who feel fucked now (I know some of you are around): I'm sorry :)
2002-07-08 23:29
6R6

Radbrekkers first released some Offence demo parts.
(compare Greatest hits (1994), Familigud$tjenste (1994), versus Flexible 1 and 2 (1997) from Offence).
Offence quit the scene in 92/93 and gave 2-3 old demo parts to us.
2002-07-22 18:31
Rough
Account closed

Brian-Igen-Igen is from Denmark, it's Crossfire. :)

I doubt The Lamer Force (Dytec?) were the first lamer label, still believe it to be Bad Taste, if we let TDJ's lamer label demo group count then that is the one.
2002-08-21 18:59
Twoflower

Hmm...

Still remember the releases "Brian-igen-igen" made for Rappelkiste (RapK). This brings fond memories back. The reason for Triad releasing SEUCK games back in the days was just one - that they were made by The Sarge. As much demos as they are games, actually. Check out Di Art, f.ex.

/Twoflower
2002-08-22 22:32
Matt

Quote: i remember when Bad Taste started up i missed the joke, reading the third issue of "Bad News" was a bit of a revelation. Very nice intro, the big pic of Bonecrushing Bill and a the likkle blokey puking on the scroller...

Bad Taste...
Speaking of nostalgia - now that makes me feel old aswell ;)
2002-08-23 07:23
TDJ

Quote: Brian-Igen-Igen is from Denmark, it's Crossfire. :)

I doubt The Lamer Force (Dytec?) were the first lamer label, still believe it to be Bad Taste, if we let TDJ's lamer label demo group count then that is the one.

Well, that one is not even the oldest fakegroup I've been in (there were several more).

Confession time: once I released a party disk with the top 3 demos of a party which did not take place, by groups that did not exist. All this next to my 1-part-per-day average for my 'real' demogroup (WWE).

So please, don't ever say I'm lazy anymore. Well, I am now, but that's because I'm still tired from that period (1988) :)

On topic: I'm sure there were other fake groups before that.
2002-08-23 23:53
Rough
Account closed

Twoflower, you know what Rappelkiste is? 8) 8) 8)
2002-09-03 13:29
Richard

Quote: Hmm...

Still remember the releases "Brian-igen-igen" made for Rappelkiste (RapK). This brings fond memories back. The reason for Triad releasing SEUCK games back in the days was just one - that they were made by The Sarge. As much demos as they are games, actually. Check out Di Art, f.ex.

/Twoflower

Ah yeah, I remember Triad's SEUCK game 'Di Art', in fact I was very keen playing it. It looked a bit like a vertical scrolling version of R-Type (Graphicwise). Sarge/Triad did some neat SEUCK games, I have to admit ;)

I come up with a fake group called 'Mafia' but I decided, forget it. I wont release Philip's SEUCKworm on a lamer lable like this. I'd leave it to the other groups - Come 'n get it dudes :)
2003-11-02 15:33
SCRAP
Account closed

Quote: i remember when Bad Taste started up i missed the joke, reading the third issue of "Bad News" was a bit of a revelation. Very nice intro, the big pic of Bonecrushing Bill and a the likkle blokey puking on the scroller...

Funny that you still remember that Intro! Me and Antichrist had big fun doing it! There was a special "invisible" char used in the scrolltext to let bonecrushing bill puke on all that lamers in perfect timing... ;-)
And "Bad News" also was one of my favourite project! What an effort we spent in doing senseless things these days...
2003-12-27 19:54
Radar
Account closed

Quote: There existed MANY fake groups... almost all the major groups (1st releases) had a fake group... even the NTSC scene was full of them.

The most famous on NTSC is the lamer label AFROS. This group even released full price games from Arcade and G*P. :)

Oh, the old days when things were fun... why must things change?

When Arcade was around... you were not in NEI, so how come you claim to be? Something is wrong with you...
2003-12-28 09:20
Moloch

Sorry, don't see the connection between my post from June 2002 and the fact I was a member of NEI. Also don't see any connection between the fact AFROS released Arcade and G*P "full price" games and my NEI membership.

Something is clearly fuzzy in your noodle. Of course, we're talking about happenings from nearly 11-12 years ago?
2003-12-28 10:17
Skywalk
Account closed

This sort of thing give me good memories of seeing warez by The Lahmer Force. Hmm...

Anyway, If I see anything, which I feel is not worth releasing under the Blazon label, I release it under Lap Dancers or Fortress. Some times, I make changes to the credits, or ammendments, but only for fun.

Richard, as our fellow sceners have mentioned. Lamer labels are only for fun. They are not a bullying source. I hope you will remember that =-)
2003-12-28 11:46
Radar
Account closed

Quote: Sorry, don't see the connection between my post from June 2002 and the fact I was a member of NEI. Also don't see any connection between the fact AFROS released Arcade and G*P "full price" games and my NEI membership.

Something is clearly fuzzy in your noodle. Of course, we're talking about happenings from nearly 11-12 years ago?

I didnt know, that such a short delay to 2002 is such a problem for you.

Dude, Ive been in Arcade. If you would have been in NEI when I was in Arcade (yep, 1991 to 1993), then just name me ONE game which NEI/AFROS released from Arcade?

Can you?
2003-12-28 20:33
Moloch

Fartmut -

I don't know where you made the NEI/AFROS connection. AFROS was an independent lamer label - no affiliation with any groups.

The AFROS/Arcade release was one of those pathetic one-file olympics games. Surely you must remember calling me the next day - trying to threaten some lame "SWAT breaking down your door will be my next first release".

If I really thought it was important to remind you, I'd look for the file. But it's not...
2003-12-29 13:04
Radar
Account closed

Quote: Fartmut -

I don't know where you made the NEI/AFROS connection. AFROS was an independent lamer label - no affiliation with any groups.

The AFROS/Arcade release was one of those pathetic one-file olympics games. Surely you must remember calling me the next day - trying to threaten some lame "SWAT breaking down your door will be my next first release".

If I really thought it was important to remind you, I'd look for the file. But it's not...

Why dont you go for it and look it up? Guess you will not find it. Or do you have to make it first?

You're still that dumb fool and lamer you've ever been. First of all you didnt even remember me, now you say that I called you up and threatend with a SWAT-team? If I would have threatend you, you would have seen the tigers eye at that time. Believe me...
2003-12-30 04:30
Moloch

haha

People that still care about some 12 year old happening on a dead c64 wares scene are truely pathetic.

Oh well...
2003-12-30 10:11
Radar
Account closed

Quote: haha

People that still care about some 12 year old happening on a dead c64 wares scene are truely pathetic.

Oh well...

Yep, indeed you still must care about it. Like you proudly care about a release from Arcade which you claim to have released under Afros what isnt true and cant be proved. Idiot!
2003-12-30 11:12
Hero

Happy new year to all of you. See ya all in 2004. Make love not war : Shot a terrorist

Harry
2003-12-31 05:36
Moloch

Happy New Year Harry!

2003-12-31 15:03
Radar
Account closed

Same from me. A happy and successfull year 2004 to all of you and may the next year be better than the last one, without wars and fucked-up economies in certain countries.

[X] Radar/Arcade

PS: Moloch, I would be glad to share a beer with you once besides scene-life, so take it easier here ;-)

PPS: Was that me posting? Fucking getting old.... hahaha
2004-01-01 01:46
Moloch

I think it's safe to say all of us are getting older and "softer". :)

Hmm, six more hours till 2004...
2004-01-11 22:03
Westbam
Account closed

The first ever lame game group had been China Syndrome Inc. (CSI) established in 1987. That was long time before Bad Taste, Spalters and whatever showed up....

Hy Moloch btw., AFROS & CSi rellay ruled back then.
2004-01-14 11:42
primus
Account closed

Quote: Richard:

Triad, Hotline etc released SEUCKers and BASIC games under their label because the idea of a fake label wasn't born yet, the first fake group AFAIK was BAD TASTE, the lamer label from Genesis Project.

Mayhem was a lame group so they didn't need a lamer group.
Or did they have one?
Not to mix up with the American importer group Mayhem which was active around 1988. They have nothing in common.

Afterall the main concept of fake groups was FUN, it was great to see in the beginning to make people guess who the fuck these lamer groups are.

Other people wanted to release certain games to prevent other groups from releasing them (in the race for release points) but still didn't want to spoil their reputation by releasing crappy games. I never really agreed with the last argument as the cracker is not responsible for the game's quality.

After 2-3 years fake groups were so common that it became extremely boring to have them.

nice!

haha
2004-01-14 14:36
Vengeance
Account closed

Funny you mentioned that bad tase mag ;) was a beauty of a mag it actually looked better that Sex'n'Crime at the time.

But I guess I think the main idea for these FAKE labels was most crackers believe all games desevre to be cracked and shorted and the public need a better version.

If they feel its not worthy it goes under there label I guess. The theres the other cases like some fake labels started just to rag a other big groups. To take a piss in a
sense. These ones always amused me more.

Like everyone I found alot of these fake groups a pain in the ass and boring as hell. Especially as a swapper when you received 3 disks of bullshit. But these ones with decent intros, funny points against others always gave me interest especially the reaction of the big groups to them it was a kind of humliation... with retaliation ;)
2004-03-06 13:14
Crossfire
Account closed

Haha, I know this reply comes to a topic which is nearly two years old, but I just HAVE to *G*

The Bingo Team were the kings....The kings they were.. The Bingo Team was the lamerlabel of Motiv 8, and Brian-Igen-Igen was me...wow, yeah, I bet it all comes as a surprise...or maybe not...Fat Fucks were the lamerlabel of The Bingo Team - and obviously it was a joke, just wanted to take the whole thing a bit further - Weird, maybe, but man did we have fun *G*

Brian-Igen-Igen was a character in a danish radioshow during the 80ies as I recall. He always gave his opinion about various things and then shouted "De sku' ha' no'en baaaaank", which transelated means something like "They out'ha be beaten' uuuuuuuup!"....

Man, this topic makes my day a lot more fun! haha
2004-03-06 13:16
Crossfire
Account closed

Oh yeah, I recall Mason did a few of those TBT cracks aswell, think his handle was Casanova Keld, not too sure though...
2004-03-06 13:16
Crossfire
Account closed

Haha, I know this reply comes to a topic which is nearly two years old, but I just HAVE to *G*

The Bingo Team were the kings....The kings they were.. The Bingo Team was the lamerlabel of Motiv 8, and Brian-Igen-Igen was me...wow, yeah, I bet it all comes as a surprise...or maybe not...Fat Fucks were the lamerlabel of The Bingo Team - and obviously it was a joke, just wanted to take the whole thing a bit further - Weird, maybe, but man did we have fun *G*

Brian-Igen-Igen was a character in a danish radioshow during the 80ies as I recall. He always gave his opinion about various things and then shouted "De sku' ha' no'en baaaaank", which transelated means something like "They out'ha be beaten' uuuuuuuup!"....

Man, this topic makes my day a lot more fun! haha
2004-03-06 13:17
Mason

The Bingo team were also the lamer label of Image and Epic.

We did it after we left Acrise. We didnt wanted to touch Rappelkiste

I forgot what nick I used for TBT
2004-03-06 13:42
Crossfire
Account closed

Oh yeah, that's right...it started even back then and continued throughout M8 and I think I actually fired a few off after joining FLT - can't remember, or was THAT where FF was born? Man, my memory bails on me..

Rappelkiste...ohhh yeah, but the reason here was simply that it was Acrise's label and we sorta left or whatever else was made official - some said I was kicked, others that I was made the leader, some that I left and personally I can go each way - don't remember nor care...*G*
2004-03-06 13:43
Crossfire
Account closed

Well, Søren, SOMEONE was called Casanova Keld and I'm pretty sure it wasn't ME! *G*
2004-03-06 16:04
Faith
Account closed

Quote: The Bingo team were also the lamer label of Image and Epic.

We did it after we left Acrise. We didnt wanted to touch Rappelkiste

I forgot what nick I used for TBT

the bingo team !!! maybe something for my granny
2004-03-06 18:13
Crossfire
Account closed

Actually, we didn't think of your granny when we named it..

We thought of YOU!

tihi
2004-03-07 07:19
Faith
Account closed

Quote: Actually, we didn't think of your granny when we named it..

We thought of YOU!

tihi

ahhhh im not that old hmmmmmmm(Fornærmet)
2004-03-07 22:33
Crossfire
Account closed

Oh come on, don't frown *G* I'll take it back then *sigh*
2004-03-30 05:00
Fungus

Momo! Where ya been dude?

Oh for sure FAME was best ever c64 fake demo group, lol!

People quit the scene over them.. rotfl...

Afros RULEZ! Best lamer label ever. more firsties than... alotta firstie groups. Real Quality, none better , damn, I liiiive for the next AFROS release. NO connection between NEI and AFROS? What are we stupid? Of course YOUR the connection. Damn, you must think us all very weak in the brain... eh Sorry have to correct u there. Oh what fun!!

/Fungus
2004-03-30 07:25
Crossfire
Account closed

Aw, come on, Fungus...BINGO TEAM might be one of the labels to come in a little late, but they beat everybodys rear end to hell (can you really say that?)...Think of all those amazing SEUCKS! ;-)
2004-03-30 20:39
Richard

Quote: Aw, come on, Fungus...BINGO TEAM might be one of the labels to come in a little late, but they beat everybodys rear end to hell (can you really say that?)...Think of all those amazing SEUCKS! ;-)

Ho, ho. Not all SEUCKs were amazing. There were really crap ones also, but I won't name them :) Take my word for it :D
2004-03-30 20:52
CyberBrain
Administrator

Quote: Ho, ho. Not all SEUCKs were amazing. There were really crap ones also, but I won't name them :) Take my word for it :D

Has there ever been any amazing SEUCK? :) I thought they were all crap..
2004-03-30 23:35
Crossfire
Account closed

Guys, guys, I just introduced you to a little word called "sarcasm" *LOL*
2004-03-31 08:44
Spinball

Quote: Has there ever been any amazing SEUCK? :) I thought they were all crap..

the sarge/triad did some very nice seucks.
2004-03-31 08:59
Wile Coyote
Account closed

The problem with SEUCK was, it was so well made that anybody could make a game. 95% of SEUCK games are for sure rubbish and at worse inspired by well known arcade games.

I had some fun making a number of SEUCK games (ages ago) and did attempt to put some effort into them. I tried to avoid screen s-l-o-w down by not putting too many sprites on screen at once. I also attemped to avoid the *this backdrop is built using 5x5 tiles syndrome* ...and when ever possible tried to have a theme going/running throughout the game.

Here`s some SEUCK games i made:

OUTTAKE II (my 2nd SEUCK - [my 1st SEUCK was lost:( ])
SHOTAWAY (later updated with the addition of music)
HOUSE CASE (inspired by many horror movies)
ROAD COURSE (drive a Citroen 2CV or a VW Beatle)
SUB BURNER (...an improved version of OUTTAKE II)
FLY PIG (check out the big train at The End :D)
PSB (no playability but different for a SEUCK ;)
Mixed Worlds (my last SEUCK ... out 0f id3a5...)

Even to this day, i am happy with the gfx in Shotaway (even if the game is alittle difficult to play (although i can complete it ;)

/WEC :)

2004-03-31 09:34
CyberBrain
Administrator

Quote: Guys, guys, I just introduced you to a little word called "sarcasm" *LOL*

i wasn't replying to your post :) It was obvious what you meant

anyway, i'm still a bit sceptical about the new and dangerous "non crap SEUCK" ideas expressed in here
2004-03-31 09:50
Wile Coyote
Account closed

Quote: the sarge/triad did some very nice seucks.

he did - what are they called? /WEC :)
2004-03-31 13:35
Crossfire
Account closed

Ah yes, must say, that for a SEUCK game, Tiger Mission was acually quite decent..

Or do I remember wrongfully? Pretty sure it was called that, released in...uhm...1987 or 1988 I think, not too sure though..
2004-03-31 13:35
Crossfire
Account closed

Ah yes, must say, that for a SEUCK game, Tiger Mission was acually quite decent.. Or was it Tiger Hell? Too many titles messing around in my head right now and now the system even posted before I was done with the post *LOL*

Or do I remember wrongfully? Pretty sure it was called that, released in...uhm...1987 or 1988 I think, not too sure though..
2004-03-31 13:46
Dishy

Quote: Ah yes, must say, that for a SEUCK game, Tiger Mission was acually quite decent.. Or was it Tiger Hell? Too many titles messing around in my head right now and now the system even posted before I was done with the post *LOL*

Yep, I remember playing Tiger Mission back then in 1987/88. But that was not a SEUCK. Actually it was made by some danes with music by Johannes Bjerregaard.. It´s probably Tiger Hell you are thinking about Kim... Or maybe Tiger Mission II!?!?!?!

Dishy - keep the c64 alive - Dishy
2004-03-31 14:02
Crossfire
Account closed

Oooh yeah, I remember Tiger Mission now when you mention it's danish....uhm....Tiger Mission II????? Naaah.... and then again, maybe - damn I gotta admit I'm old..tsk tsk
Anyway, The Sarge made quite a decent game for a SEUCK, and spiced it up by making introscreens and all that for it himself instead of the traditional crooked-rasterlame screen ordinarily in SEUCK games.....

Tiger Heli, maybe? Damn, I'm going nuts over this *LOL*

Then again, I'm 110% positive that Mason remembers! *G*
2004-03-31 16:27
Wile Coyote
Account closed

Seems The Sarge also made Ikari Warriors and Ikari Warriors 2. So that makes 3 (including Tiger Heli) ...what are the others? /WEC :)
2004-03-31 16:52
Richard

Quote: Has there ever been any amazing SEUCK? :) I thought they were all crap..

Yes, I thought 'Synetic' and 'Zariaros' by Cyber Systems were two great SEUCK efforts. DIART was another, (DIART anagram 4 TRIAD). Twin Tigers, Shotaway, Sub Burner, Fly Pig, Road Course and who would ever forget Aquablasta
2004-03-31 19:40
Crossfire
Account closed

Uhm, Ikari Warriors? Missed out on that one, but yeah, Sarge DID to a couple of those Seuck things, to my memory mostly the before mention though (to my memory I say and I still cannot remember the exact title *LOL*)
2004-03-31 19:56
Wile Coyote
Account closed

On the subject of SEUCK, i am not sure if it is the SEUCK loader system but, it dose not seem possible to load a raw SEUCK file into SEUCK while SEUCK is running on an emu (WinVice1.14 for example) anyone know why? is it WinVice or dose SEUCK need hacking to bits to have it`s loader/saver replaced :D
2004-04-01 10:36
T.M.R
Account closed

Check that true drive emulation is on, failing that use CCS.
2004-04-01 14:42
Wile Coyote
Account closed

Quote: Check that true drive emulation is on, failing that use CCS.

I don`t get on well with CCs. Drive emulation was on. I`ve fixed it now, it was all down to the file names - doh!
2004-04-01 16:09
Crossfire
Account closed

*sigh* While even I and Mason cannot agree on the exact title, I'm pretty sure it's TIGER HELL *LOL*
2004-04-01 17:07
Wile Coyote
Account closed

Tiger Heli was an arcade game... Alf Yngve created a SEUCK game called Twin Tiger... as for The Sarge, i have no idea? :)
2004-04-01 17:51
Crossfire
Account closed

Yeah, but it was TIGER HELL, not TIGER HELI! :-)
2004-04-01 19:20
iAN CooG

Quote: On the subject of SEUCK, i am not sure if it is the SEUCK loader system but, it dose not seem possible to load a raw SEUCK file into SEUCK while SEUCK is running on an emu (WinVice1.14 for example) anyone know why? is it WinVice or dose SEUCK need hacking to bits to have it`s loader/saver replaced :D

If it's only to play it, change load address of the 249 blocks file from $0042 to $0900, then crunch it setting $40c3 as JMP address. Anyway using TDE on both Vice and CCS works fine.
2004-04-01 20:32
Wile Coyote
Account closed

Quote: Yeah, but it was TIGER HELL, not TIGER HELI! :-)

Yup your right, there dose seem to be a Tiger Hell list here: http://www.c64demos.com/htmlindx/demos/t/triad/ it`s listed up DEMOS?
2004-04-01 20:34
Wile Coyote
Account closed

Quote: Yup your right, there dose seem to be a Tiger Hell list here: http://www.c64demos.com/htmlindx/demos/t/triad/ it`s listed up DEMOS?

Better still, it can be downloaded from here: http://www.joachimljunggren.com/hemsidan_thepast.html along with Ikari Warriors 2, Twin Cobra and a Di-Art :)
2004-04-01 21:36
Crossfire
Account closed

Uhm, don't know, except he probably didn't list it as a crack since it was a selfmade game and "demo" probably came closest?
2004-04-02 07:00
Wile Coyote
Account closed

Di-Art looks heavily inspired by IO, which looks as if was heavily inspired by R-Type (you know *that* level, the first white level, as cool as it looks though).
2004-04-06 04:08
richemp
Account closed

Hehe there were quite a few lamer groups out there! Nobody mentioned TROEP and Gulas yet! I remember laughing so much seeing and hearing a Gulas intro i thought i was gonna have a heart attack! I also remember Booze telling me he had more fun doing Burp release than an Empire! He had just done that +12(!) trainer version of Opium for BURP! Also that good old fight we had with Excalibur(p)! A piece of anthology on 64! ;)
2004-04-06 06:36
cba

Quote: Hehe there were quite a few lamer groups out there! Nobody mentioned TROEP and Gulas yet! I remember laughing so much seeing and hearing a Gulas intro i thought i was gonna have a heart attack! I also remember Booze telling me he had more fun doing Burp release than an Empire! He had just done that +12(!) trainer version of Opium for BURP! Also that good old fight we had with Excalibur(p)! A piece of anthology on 64! ;)

<Post edited by cba on 5/11-2007 14:22>

yeah TROEP and BURP were ruling the boards for sure ;)

I also recall once fixing a TROEP release just for fun to
beat Ultimate ;) haha ...

Niels
2007-11-04 14:06
mendrake

The Bingo Team was sure nice.
Not to mention the Slogan of Rappelkiste (and everybody spelled the name different^^) - Rappelkiste - rappelt weiter!!
Haha.. a killer - the intro itself.

Bronx Uganda with it's Banana News was a hammer for sure !! ^^ Banana News fixed by Rappelkiste etc. Hell! What a time. Taking the piss on Airwolf, always has been excellent fun !!

I remember when we did Banana News #1 with far to much beer.. ;-)
2007-11-05 14:26
chancer

the first 2 i ever remember seeing were china syndrome first and then bad taste... long ago anyway =)
2007-12-31 19:10
Rough
Account closed

Quote: Hehe there were quite a few lamer groups out there! Nobody mentioned TROEP and Gulas yet! I remember laughing so much seeing and hearing a Gulas intro i thought i was gonna have a heart attack! I also remember Booze telling me he had more fun doing Burp release than an Empire! He had just done that +12(!) trainer version of Opium for BURP! Also that good old fight we had with Excalibur(p)! A piece of anthology on 64! ;)

Elvis Hitler still rules the entire scene.
2008-01-04 02:40
Tim
Account closed

China Syndrome.. now THAT is a name I haven't heard in a very very long time, thanks I love remembering this stuff :)

I've actually stumbled on quite a lot of my old Rappellkiste releases from the past and will be upping them soon just for the fun of it :) I’ve been adding in handles that keep popping into my head or seeing them in scrollers.

If I remember correctly we did a world’s first by using 1 ‘demo part’ of Rappellkiste in our Acrise demo ‘Wonderwimp’ (Wonderwimp) combining main group and budget lable into one release as a teaser part.

Actually the most fun for me was reading fake label scrollers and trying to guess who was behind them and to whom messages were sent, some of them easy to spot some as cryptic as can be ;)

2011-04-07 05:21
Rough
Account closed

Just to make some history corrections:

China Syndrome Inc. wasn't a fake group in the first place but the normal group of Powerplant before he, Goldfish, Pizza, Acorn and some others found Legend in May? 1988 afaik, the CSDb entry states November 1987 thou.., but first Legend outlets are from May 1988 anyway. CSI was resurrected as their fake-group in 1990.

edit:
Hm, the Alf/ATC+Legend import from May 27th?, 1988 shows this member-list: : Max, Big H, Era, Trixter, Wolf, Xenon, Pizza, Acorn

If the member list isn't incomplete PWP, Goldfish and TMBC might have not been involved in the foundation of Legend at all.
Their crack of Alloyrun from June 1988 has the Belgish members PWP, Goldfish and TMBC added to above list. So they either have been forgotten or joined later.
First exactly dated PWP release for Legend is from June 1st: Legend Writer V1
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
acrouzet/G★P
Guests online: 89
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.7)
2 13:37  (9.7)
3 Coma Light 13  (9.7)