Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user lotus_skylight ! (Registered 2024-09-25) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Open petition to ban Madmax
2013-03-26 08:15
Fungus

Open petition to ban Madmax

As the topic title, this thread is to add your name to a petition to ban Madmax from csdb.

Madmax does nothing but steal other peoples work and claim credit for it. He contributes nothing worthwhile to CSDB or to the scene. He makes blatant lies, and posts retarded comments and threads.

Let me be petitioner #1.
2013-03-26 08:17
Ksubi
Account closed

Add me to the list.
2013-03-26 08:32
Fungus

let me clarify which Mad Max
2013-03-26 08:44
Moloch

Compare and make sure to read the comments by Allan Pickerton (Mad Max) on the Facebook page. He claims to have coded the intro and did a crack for UCF.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=484236728260665&set=o.1..

Real UCF intro coded by JJ the Breaker ->
http://intros.c64.org/main.php?module=showintro&iid=1197
2013-03-26 09:11
Yoko Tv Inc.
Account closed

Add me --
2013-03-26 09:13
Danzig

@Scott: Too old to laugh? ;)

Let me be petitioner #5
(I guess Moloch qualifies as #3)
2013-03-26 09:15
Fungus

It's not funny anymore, it's pathetic and offensive.
2013-03-26 09:32
TPM

what else did he steal?
2013-03-26 09:33
Fungus

Almost every single thing he has released under his "group" MHI.
2013-03-26 09:39
TPM

i just read the other topic.. it's all clear for me now, tnx ;)
2013-03-26 11:17
chatGPZ

unless he is violating csdb rules i see little reason for ban to be honest. if "stealing other peoples work and claim credit for it" would be one, a lot of people needed ban =P
2013-03-26 14:57
MagerValp

Use the database to its fullest amount and document the hell out of it instead. Add a comment to every release with a link back to the original.

He's not being disruptive, so I can't say I see any reason to ban him.
2013-03-26 17:30
dink
Account closed

Hes a nice guy and he really isn't hurting anything, just ignore him if you don't like him, I vote not to ban him.
2013-03-26 18:22
Count Zero

I'd vote for enforcing him to answer accusations and use proper english :)
Won't happen - so my +1 on ban in avoidance to further forum supported drama.
2013-03-26 18:25
bugjam

Witchhunt! \o/ Banning is too little, I say - hang him upside down from a tree and whip him with with rotten eels!
Ups, hang on - wrong century...
2013-03-26 18:37
Fungus

This is what you idiots do not understand. By letting him STAY here you VALIDATE what he does. Yes, he DOES hurt the scene, I for one am completely offended that he is allowed to remain. This is not how the scene works, and obviously all of you have forgotten how it works. I am saddened, offended, hurt at how everyone thinks of and acts in this so called scene today.

So much so, that I have decided to leave my poor dying friend who withers away from a cancer which cannot be cured.

THIS is the type of damage he and his bullshit can/will cause.

I am not being a martyr, I just can't take this fucking shit ass attitude anymore. It's retarded through and through.

Let me end this little rant by saying FUCK YOU to the sack-less emo-fag-huggers that remain in the so called scene, you are pathetic and you make me sick.

Good bye!
2013-03-26 18:38
Jon
Account closed

I don't even think he is real. He can't spell (even the name of his own group), he makes up fantastically silly stories and takes credit for work that is blatantly and shamelessly ripped off.

Either he is the most clueless individual on the planet, or he is someone's troll account. My guess is the latter.
2013-03-26 19:03
SIDWAVE
Account closed

stealing stuff, at age 34+ ? LOLOLOLOL!
2013-03-26 19:16
The Overkiller
Account closed

Love is in the oversea's air :)
2013-03-26 20:36
celticdesign

well, you all feed the fire with your comments and replies.
so what the hell do you expect? for me it's okay for the drama and entertainment <:-]
2013-03-26 21:59
Twoflower

+1 on Magervalps suggestion. Document it all.
2013-03-26 22:07
Stainless Steel

<3<3<3
2013-03-26 22:14
bugjam

@Fungus: It can't get more pathetic than your post.

And again I wonder what this random discussion forum/comment/vote nonsense does on this DATABASE, other from driving people away from actually contributing to this DATABASE and keep it growing. But it seems that csdb being a DATABASE is secondary after all, primary being the morbid entertainment of slagging each other and fucking people's brains (or watching thereof).

2013-03-27 02:44
Fungus

bugjam: I don't even...

I'm sorry people cannot see that validating an idiot like Mad Max is both stupid and damaging to history and scene.

Sure document all you want, who wants to waste time on that?

He is NOT a scener, just a lamer uploading crap.

Lets start uploading every piece of crap ever on any disk and call it scene and make sure it's part of database. Thousands of disks full of basic crap, modded games, stolen shit, and more crap crap crap. Now I wish I hadn't thrown away that box with 500 disks of printshop graphics on it, clearly I should have contributed that to CSDB. Lets upload every geos crap disk and the entire collection of public domain BBS junk too. Clearly it should be added to the db!

I mean all it takes is that someone posted on the internet somewhere or did /join #c-64, or called a single BBS, then they are scene and all must be documented.

2013-03-27 07:48
bugjam

You are again mixing up csdb as a DATABASE (yes, it´s really called like that) and as a place of the scene. And no, you don´t need to have a long scene history to be validated here - you can buy a box of disks on the flea market, find interesting stuff, and upload it here. Yes indeed, not everything has a place here (there have been enough entries deleted which did not fit the scene criteria), but there is also the possibility to TELL SOMEONE (I heard rumours that this completely weird concept has even worked in the past). And the discussion about what is and what is not scene-related has been led at length as well; as gpz said, there are lots and lots of re-cracks (for example), which have not been released only since yesterday. Fact is, that the scene just is not only elite. And if you dislike someone or something, there is also the possibility of just IGNORING it (another completely far-off approach) - or, to quote a certain someone: "Go make a demo about it!" :-)
2013-03-27 09:38
lemming

Quote: You are again mixing up csdb as a DATABASE (yes, it´s really called like that) and as a place of the scene. And no, you don´t need to have a long scene history to be validated here - you can buy a box of disks on the flea market, find interesting stuff, and upload it here. Yes indeed, not everything has a place here (there have been enough entries deleted which did not fit the scene criteria), but there is also the possibility to TELL SOMEONE (I heard rumours that this completely weird concept has even worked in the past). And the discussion about what is and what is not scene-related has been led at length as well; as gpz said, there are lots and lots of re-cracks (for example), which have not been released only since yesterday. Fact is, that the scene just is not only elite. And if you dislike someone or something, there is also the possibility of just IGNORING it (another completely far-off approach) - or, to quote a certain someone: "Go make a demo about it!" :-)

>And if you dislike someone or something, there is also
>the possibility of just IGNORING it

Try your own advice and spare us from these pointless sermons.
2013-03-27 09:46
Fungus

No, no I will not ignore it. That is the problem with today's world. Ignoring things doesn't make them go away. It's exactly the reason I can't stand the libero-fag attitude. No, not everyone has the right to do whatever the fuck they want with complete disregard of everyone else and common sense.

2013-03-27 10:55
TPM

These crackers nowadays are still difficult people like 25 years ago.. they never change. Glad the demoscene is much better :)

Fungus.. talk to Madmax. He's stealing stuff and that has to stop, you're right. From the other hand i see a lamer, but that's no reason to ban him. He's doing his thing with those lame tools and stuff. Let him doing that. I find it quite funny with his silly questions. And i see a very angry Fungus.. that's funny too!

okay, back to the *popcorn* again, i'm enjoying this :P
2013-03-27 11:21
Fungus

These lamers these days, just like 25 years ago. ;)

gpz you may aswell just close this thread too, obviously no one cares.

Also, change CSDB to just CDB, cuz that's what it is.
2013-03-27 11:25
TPM

no, scene wars are very 80's and that's not the synonym of the scene.. i'm grown up now
2013-03-27 11:55
SLC

@TPM: So, if I download one of your demos, then change some text in it and upload it as my own, it is your opinion that I should be allowed to do just that?
2013-03-27 12:23
TPM

@SLC

yes, it's a release that should be in CSDb.

Your advantage is, that i'm not going to check your code to see if it's crap-code of mine.. C64 is a hobby, i'm not making money on this platform, so do your thing. Small chance i notice it; and when i do, i feel honored ;)

But i'll try to get the credits for it ofcourse, because it's unfair if you get the credits. But i'm NOT going to cry, make a drama, slap your face when i see you on X or wherever and beg everyone to kick you out of the scene or this site, like it's a matter of life and death. That's silly anno 2013.. and more silly if it's all about cracks. The developer/publisher/whatever of the stolen cracked game should laugh his balls out of his pents, when he reads a topic like this.

Plenty of other options to get the credits and let everyone believe you are stealing stuff.. comment on the release, show the original, add trivia/goofs/etc..
2013-03-27 12:45
lemming

>and more silly if it's all about cracks. The
>developer/publisher/whatever of the stolen cracked game
>should laugh his balls out of his pents, when he reads a
>topic like this.

Could everyone of you right-minded freedom fighters just please check the facts first before you go off?
Hell, there's even a picture posted on this thread what it's about.

If you don't get it, here's an explanation:
- dude rips a 27-year old legendary crack intro from a legendary cracking group
- dude claims he originally programmed it for the legendary cracking group

And just because you feel that you'd be honored if somebody ripped your code, it doesn't mean that everyone else is. Or should.
2013-03-27 12:52
algorithm

In my personal opinion if someone claims to have written something as well as having the cheek to modify bits of text etc regardless if it is code, music or graphics and uploaded it anywhere, they should be banned.

Where would the boundary be in regards to allowing this to happen. What if you get some individual who gets hold of any of the recent demo's for example, buts their text in the intro etc also risking bugging the whole production and keeps on uploading this stuff here as well as to other sites where individuals may not know of this person and perhaps even assume he/she did it? Should this be allowed?

I know the aim of CSDB is probably to preserve anything c64 related, but DEFINATELY not someone who has claimed credits for something they did not do.
2013-03-27 12:53
The Phantom

I'm not starting anything here, but wouldn't it be easier to just delete the content that's not wanted?

Even if everyone DID vote to ban this Mad Max, what's stopping him from creating a new account and starting over, again and again? And likely each time with a vengeance, possibly destroying (deleting) content just to get back for the ban. Sounds childish, but so does a lot of the talk above this comment.

Sure, having CRAP uploaded here doesn't make sense, I've said that some years ago when datastorm was uploading screenshots. Didn't see the point of that (still don't really), but it's not my place, obviously. People feel they need to have a screenshot outside the game itself, so be it. I'm not the one who has to deal with storage of these files. I don't maintain them (unless corrupt, then I try to replace).

I too dislike seeing things up here that I feel "doesn't really belong", like PC apps for c64. If you can't run it on a c64, it shouldn't be here, period.
2013-03-27 13:03
TPM

Quoting Lemming
>
Hell, there's even a picture posted on this thread what it's about.

If you don't get it, here's an explanation:
- dude rips a 27-year old legendary crack intro from a legendary cracking group
- dude claims he originally programmed it for the legendary cracking group

I didn't meant this specific release, dude. Just in general.. and regarding Fungus, the dude stole everything he has released.
2013-03-27 13:16
The Phantom

(someone posted after me, couldn't edit)

My point was. There are things A LOT of people don't like about this site and if I really, REALLY wanted to be an asshole, I could go on and mention obvious code rips. What's more ironic, is it's my code that being ripped, hahaha. For those who don't understand that, I've had a BAD history of ripping code.. Just so ironic when it happens to you. I haven't said anything about it though, don't really care anymore.

Anyway. Fungus. Man, it's not worth the aggravation your putting yourself through. Peace be with you, my FRIEND. May your awesomeness find it's way around Mad Max and continue to shine as it has throughout the many years.

Also. I see the point TPM is making. I think it would be easier to simply expose the rip, just as TPM explains a few posts up.
2013-03-27 13:36
algorithm

Where is the boundary in all this however. Can it just be allowed to continue happening with hundreds of cracks/demo/releases gfx having logo's painted over or text modified and released?

Furthermore what about previous people who have been banned for something far less (or is it a rule in csdb that it is ok to rerelease identical falsely credits stuff but with text modified in demo/game/gfx etc)

Yes, there is a point in someone coming back with a vengeance and removing stuff from csdb (although there should really be the option of read-only access for other products not released by the person, until the person is validated in someway
2013-03-27 13:49
Danzig

I still second Fungus. It's still this problem: One dude is fucking things up pretty hard and everybody else should deal with it and expose and document (like "rescue" the rest of the world from fraud or smth.)
Like you all have nothing better to do maybe, I have!

This is really really really the reason I quitted my well paid job as a software development leader. People producing shit and no consequences. I had to deal with these fuckers, rescue the project, rescue lost data, repair broken customer systems and of course keep it under the carpet... And my boss? Not caring a shit, because I always fixed the shit in time.
I shouldn't! Not anymore, never again! Today I'm a free man again...

This world is suffering under this liberate shit ("libero-fag attitude", nice one, Scott). F**K, I'm already as pissed as Fungus :D
2013-03-27 17:11
bepp

This discussion is most amusing. Just like the rest of csdb was built on moral and honesty ;-)
2013-03-27 18:31
Cresh

And understanding!
2013-03-27 19:27
Mace

I vote against banning.
Gosh, we've had our posers back in the days.
Those "cracks" are all in the database too, why make a fuss about it now?
2013-03-27 21:56
chatGPZ

"No, no I will not ignore it. That is the problem with today's world. Ignoring things doesn't make them go away."
have to agree with that. GO MAKE A DEMO ABOUT IT :)

and its party time now, be there (hi from the barely working buildup net) =P
2013-03-27 21:59
Danzig

@Groepaz: Lass' krachen, Alter.
2013-03-27 22:34
NecroPolo

I love everyone equally so consequently I hate everyone equally so I'd ban you all :)
2013-03-27 23:16
spider-j

Quoting Groepaz
and its party time now, be there

Oh, true words, true words... I'll be there. More party, less drama. period.
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
CA$H/TRiAD
Fungus/Nostalgia
Airwolf/F4CG
Peiselulli/tRSi
psenough
Exploding Fi../Techn..