Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Testbench GUI - VICE plugin
2016-08-13 09:21
willymanilly

Testbench GUI - VICE plugin

I'm working on an interface which uses testbench created by Groepaz. I've incorporated it into my emulator (available http://www.z64k.com - use the latest version of C64_Beta)and I plan on making it a standalone version which will work with other emulators.

I've started working on a plugin for VICE which I have successfully got working for the windows version. In theory it should work on other platforms but I haven't tested it yet. Instructions for installing the plugin is on z64k's website (13 August - C64 Beta).

I have a question about how the VICE debug cartridge works on how soon it exits after the debug register is written to. I notice the CIA test 'dd0dtest' passes in testbench when the program has fails in when executed in VICE independent of testbench. Is this because the return value is the last value written to the debug register when using the testbench debug cartridge? cia2tanew fails as expected.
2016-08-13 11:02
chatGPZ

a write to the debug register makes VICE exit immediately - i'll have a look at that test program again, maybe its simply buggy :)

edit: can't see an obvious error in the test program... what i remember is that it doesnt work right with "new" CIA (wilfred can perhaps tell more about it...)

i've also checked your testbench plugin - works fine on linux too, very nice!
2016-08-13 16:26
willymanilly

Thanks Groepaz,

I think I found the issue. I set breakpoints at both locations where the test program writes to the debug register (0925-success and 099b-fail). The test program always triggers the success code before checking if an error occurred and triggering the fail code. A quick browse of the test program's source code seems to confirm this as well.

The fact a write to the debug register makes VICE exit immediately explains the incorrect result, so at least the VICE testbench plugin seems to be working correctly. :)

That's good to know the testbench plugin works in linux too. :)
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Niki/ECS
Nordischsound/Hokuto..
YTM/Elysium
jmin
Clown
chromemag