Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Mr. Wax / Chromance!
2006-06-17 10:15
Dishy

Mr. Wax / Chromance!

Hey

Today I just received a mail concerning my old friend and groupmate, Mr. Wax. Mail was sent to me by a guy, that I don´t know.(A "Chris"....)

I find it a little weird. Who´s sending these mails about Balázs?

Send me a post, if you have also got this mail and know what all this is about!

(Edit: Just called a few old sceners, and I see, they also got this mail! So seems quite many from CSDb, has got it! Hmm..)

*****Once A Scener - Always A Scener*****

... 21 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2006-06-21 10:56
Wanderer
Account closed

Second issue - MR. WAX

I wouldn't say that I "bombarded" anybody with emails. I wrote to former Chromance members (once each) asking about Mr. Wax. The most I ever sent was three emails to one of them. Jazzcat asked to be kept informed, so he was.

The story began as I wanted to know more about the accident. I wanted to know the details, it has always bothered me that nobody knew anything about it. I enjoyed talking to Balazs and always respected him. Details on his death were sketchy, so I began looking into the details of it.

After talking to one ex-Chromance member, I was told that Balazs's death was a hoax. I told Jazzcat about this and he suggested that I was trying to go back to my old "persona" and stir up trouble. Yet at the same time he told me he'd heard the same thing some months ago from others (they must have bad personas too).

Anyways after talking to this person in Chromance, he told me that Balaz's death was a hoax. It was done because Balazs was under investigation at the time and wanted to leave the scene.

Jazzcat sent me pictures of the crash, which I wanted to see. The pics had a link in the bottom right of the picture. That led me to the fire department webpage which routinely posts pics of morbid accidents in Hungary. I was able to click on the "home" link and go to the "archives" to find August 2004 pictures. There, I found the article that talked about the August 1, 2004 crash. It also linked to the SAME pics Jazzcat sent me, so it was the proper link.

The story talks about a 23 year old driver who died. Balazs was not 23. This corresponds with the ex-Chromance member who says that the pictures were taken from this website to help with the hoax. The Zala police were contacted (posing as a relative via translator)and they informed us that Balazs was not in that accident and the two passengers lived.

So far it was looking like the story of it being a hoax was true. Nobody to date has explained the 23-year-old driver issue to me.

I was put into contact with another Chromance member who insists that a handful of the group lied about the death, and were in on it. This supports everything I've heard.

I then contacted three major newspapers in Hungary. None of the archives had details on an accident with a Balazs Bernat.

I was told that after his "death" Balazs phoned an ex-CHR member to talk about what had happened. I can see no reason for him to lie about this. I can however see reason for people to lie and say he was dead.

Still I was not convinced what side to believe.

It was then that I was put into touch with a friend of Balazs', not the former Chromance member, but someone else. He sent me pictures of Balazs, clearly in his 30's, showing him in various travels. They were said to have been taken in 2005.

I was a little more convinced... but then the clincher came. I was told what website these pictures came from, and they clearly show an ACTIVE (logging in and posting, updating pictures) Mr. Wax.

So at this point based on what I have found out, and what DIDN'T happen at that accident site, and that a person from Hungary is posting recent pictures of Balazs, I am led to believe that he is alive.

Two people claiming to have talked to him, recent pictures, activity online, and evidence supporting it was a hoax...

Lastly, after speaking to this "person" via email, they knew details of our postal-mail exchange that likely only Balazs would have known.

The three of us (two Hungarians and myself) are convinced that this is him, not to mention the one claiming he has spoken to him. Until I see a newspaper clipping or gravemarker, I am going with the theory it was all a hoax.

As I write this I'm waiting for the second email to come back to me, to further talk to this "Mr. Wax"

I'm not saying it's him, I'm not saying it isn't. I'm saying based on everything that has surfaced so far, there is more evidence pointing to him being alive (can't refute the accident webpage, the recent pictures or this person knowing things that we once talked about) than being dead.

I'm sure some people are upset, thinking this is about disrespecting the dead. To me, I find it hard to ignore the obvious - that new pictures have surfaced and that the accident webpage clearly proves Balazs was NOT in that car.
I'm not saying "believe me", I'm not saying "it's a lie".

I'm just telling you what I have found out. I'm not going to debate it, argue it or refute it. :)
2006-06-21 11:27
TDJ

Okay, so even if you're right (and I'm not saying you are): why would you want to expose this 'hoax'? What is in it for you? If it's true what you say he really worked hard to fake his death and then hompidom, Wanderer comes along ruining everything just because he feels like it? You're not a journalist, the public doesn't need to know, nobody's a winner here ..
2006-06-21 11:43
Honesty

Hey WDR:

Why not further investigate to the death of diana?
There could be earned sum money i am sure...
And this is maybe something where people are interested in.

When he isn´t dead, he would have his reasons to set this romours in the world.

2006-06-21 11:44
Dipswitch

wow great. if the hoax story is true, you're helping the fucking cops. great huh? i could very well understand if mrwax really would have faked his death.
2006-06-21 13:58
Jazzcat

Exactly what I wanted to say. Helping the cops indeed.

It does seem coincidental that Wanderer investigates this matter and then all of a sudden people start getting emails regarding Mr.Wax from a guy called "Chris".

--- oh, that's right, Chris is one of Wanderer's "friends".

2006-06-21 14:00
Burglar

perff, please close this thread.
2006-06-21 14:52
Sixx

Wanderer, you need some kinda help... Medical help that is.
2006-06-21 17:06
Rough
Account closed

if it's for your personal interest (it is mine either) why not calling up his mum?
2006-06-21 18:19
Sebastian
Account closed

Quote: Exactly what I wanted to say. Helping the cops indeed.

It does seem coincidental that Wanderer investigates this matter and then all of a sudden people start getting emails regarding Mr.Wax from a guy called "Chris".

--- oh, that's right, Chris is one of Wanderer's "friends".

But don't you think even the cops would be clever enough to find out everything by themselves one day (if this hoax story is actually true that is...)?
Well, I remember people even going to jail for software piracy and such stuff, they did not run away and chose the easy way instead of the hard way, but that's another story...
Anyway, on the one hand it's human nature not to leave puzzles unsolved, on the other hand however sometimes it's better to leave them unsolved...
2006-06-21 18:25
chatGPZ

indeed. that would have been a pretty dumb police if they couldnt have figured that out, but someone like WDR can do it just by using google and a few emails :=)
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
MWR/Visdom
megasoftargentina
CA$H/TRiAD
cryptoboy
Guests online: 133
Top Demos