Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Msg'ing people but they have you on ignore..
2006-08-19 00:39
fade
Account closed

Msg'ing people but they have you on ignore..

Wanderer styled post manipulation is kinda fun. :)

... 12 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2006-08-21 19:48
SECRET MAN
Account closed

I love this:

Look Simon,

You don't like me. I don't like you.

hahaha
2006-08-21 20:34
Sixx

WDR: CSDB isn't a forum for personal attacks, it's for people with an appreciation for the C64 to share their work. So despite how you feel about me or what I do, if you respond to this try to keep it on topic.....

So why do you keep on offending me and my former group (F4CG) in both PM's and emails?

You say one thing and do another.

2006-08-21 20:56
Wanderer
Account closed

Quote: I like this thread infact....

Active user WDR dares to take a discussion abuot recracks or not, beeing a spammer or not.
:)

Bah.

Here's my "official" stance on re-cracking. I've said it before and I'll say it one last time. Here's a mini-novel.

Personally, *I* really DON'T care about re-cracks. Back in the days it was really frowned upon. But today if you look at the protection used on many of these "re-cracks" it was a cassette game that had a loader with reset protection ($8000). Nothing too drastic.

Sure some games had complex protections but so far the games I've released didn't.

Here's a question... would it matter it someone released a fix of an UNPROTECTED game from another group? Probably not. In fact I know Chromance released many trained versions of other people's cracks. I've also seen a few G*P versions of trained versions of other people's cracks.

If it were a major difficult task to have cracked a game and someone came along and re-released it with a fix, there might be some cause for concern. If it was a vert hard game to crack, with checksum protections and disk signatures on track 36, then I would say you had a reason to complain if it was re-cracked.

To me there isn't much of a difference between going to Tapes.C64.NO, SCS-TRSI or C64.Rulez.ORG and downloading an original or taking an existing tape game and fixing it.

You have to weigh the scales here. Battle Droidz which was released 20 years agoin the USA has not seen a 100% version until I fixed it. Should anyone care that I didn't have the original? The crackers might bitch and moan, but the gamers are happy.

Guerilla War which never loaded, Tit Bit with its corrupt graphics, Peter Pack Rat which bugged, Slug which locked up hopelessly, Ordeal which was just a mess, Wobbling Ball which crashed... these have sat for two decades now, and nobody has ever fixed it.

So I've taken the initiative to fix them, because 20 years is much too long to wait. Sure the crackers say, "You need an original". I say, I can fix it based on an existing crack.

Here's how I justify it:

- I use originals all the time if I can find them (eg. Moving Target which I also added a high score option to)
- I try to add the original intro or credit the group
- The games have not been touched for 10-20 years
- You may say that it's stealing someone elses work and that it's "re-cracking". I don't ever claim to have cracked what I haven't. I also don't think it's that difficult to set a loop after the "LDA #$xx:STA $01:JMP $xxxx" in the tape-loader and save everything to disk.

People can look down at re-cracking, but since the originals sren't available I'm fixing the crackers bugs and people are quite happy about this if you read the comments they leave. The scene? I don't particularly care what the scene thinks of me as you all know. :)

As for spamming, etc. those issues are not C64 release related and simply because people see me on here doesn't give them the justification to take their personal issues out on a public forum.

I suppose there will be a bunch of opinions and replies to follow. My policy is not to read comments in releases/posts as I don't need to justidy or hear others thoughts on what I do... so give 'er all you got :) and I'll continue doing what I'm doing.
2006-08-21 21:01
Wanderer
Account closed

Quote: WDR: CSDB isn't a forum for personal attacks, it's for people with an appreciation for the C64 to share their work. So despite how you feel about me or what I do, if you respond to this try to keep it on topic.....

So why do you keep on offending me and my former group (F4CG) in both PM's and emails?

You say one thing and do another.

Oh geez.

I sent you a *single* PM to which you replied, "stop spamming my MB" in the oneliners. A single PM does not make spam.

The next day you woke up and left the same message again despite my having done nothing that day. Now you post the above message yet again despite nothing new happening.

Three times you complain over ONE message. :) I call that over-reacting.

Also if what you said was really true, people would ask you why not just block me? If you are really being "spammed" with PM's just add me to the BLOCK.

I'm not going to engage you in a debate about a single PM, block me and be done with it. I spy troll.
2006-08-21 21:21
Sixx

Blah Blah Blah. Fuck off and die. I myself belive the CSDB can be used for personal attacks, so why don't i just do that? I've never in my life put anyone on ignore, not on the boards and not on a nostalgic site like this, why should i? Take the fight and don't act like a damn kid you fucking moron. Hail Satan!
2006-08-22 02:33
Style

Sixx - this is the same dickhead who has repeatedly accused me (a father of 2 young girls) of paedophilia in a public forum (c.s.c), and then expects me not to tell him to go fuck himself at every opportunity in a public forum. This is the level of his insanity. He actually expects to be able to accuse someone of PAEDOPHILIA, and then for them to play nice in the playground he obviously cares about.

Jesus Christ WDR, just go get hit by a fucking bus or something will you? You abuse people and act like a fuckwit via private channels, then cry like a spoilt 4 year old when people tell you that you're a fuckwit.

You abuse Sixx via pm and dont expect any backlash? You are as mad as a fucking hatter.
2006-08-22 07:23
Trazan

Now, why does this remind me of all raggers on the boards, we had lots of them, only to provoke people. We did accept them, alot of them took part of history on the scene - by doing all kinds of attacks and various revenges.

I am not taking a stand, but attacking people has always been around in the scene, justified or not.

I am still glad to see WDR actually release things, recracks or not. Hey, we did have Exory around, so....:)

This thread is out of topic anyway, Moderator - lock, change or start a new one...
2006-08-22 07:34
Style

Go to groups.google.com, and search for "Simon Scott"

Then ask yourself what will happen when my prospective employers do the same.

WDR is a sick fuck who needs to be shot.
2006-08-22 07:59
Sixx

Style, i'm also a father of two little girls and when i hear what Wanderer have done to you becouse of a scene fight my stomach turned inside out. This Canadian fuck is so fucking sick i can't find words for it. Is this kinda behaviour accepted by the majority of the sceners on CSDB? Take a stand god damn it! All i did to get Wanderer against me was to question his rights to delete stuff off CSDB. "Criticize me and i'll make your life a living hell" seems to be Wanderer's slogan. And hey, i don't mind you releasing those recracks or whatever, just stop your (illegal) behavior or it might hit back on you.
2006-08-22 09:49
chatGPZ

dealing with it is so easy - ignore(tm)
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
kbs/Pht/Lxt
Krill/Plush
Guests online: 128
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)
2 Mojo  (9.7)