Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > Wondering just how much this is worth...
2009-12-04 22:43
Grim Reaper
Account closed

Wondering just how much this is worth...

I am possibly setting up for a mass sale. I forgot alot of what I have exactly and their proper names but they're all still there intact-including boxes of disks/parts/, bags galore, etc in storage. C64s & hardward (drives, monitor, joysticks, modems ++), tons !! of software, books etc, same for Atari 800XL (lost my 400/48k self moded one). I started a partial list, but removed it until I can fix it somewhat & will repost -Loads of hardware/software-. My main question is would someone want to buy a whole lot of stuff as one big package deal?!? Shipping would be an issue, as well packaging all this up. It should go to someone who is an enthusiast for nostolgia. Thanks in advance...
2009-12-04 23:26
Jon
Account closed

You'd probably get a better response on Lemon than here for this sort of thing, IMHO, especially since you are an American and they have many more American users there than here.

However, I'd be interested in the "tons !! of software" if they are oldschool NTSC releases not yet upped to the CSDb. Commercial stuff, not so much.

-Ninj

2009-12-05 00:36
SIDWAVE
Account closed

Make some packs, and photo them, then goto ebay.com and post the packs (lot sale) - see what happens.

If that dont work, try selling things seperately.

It can be a lot of work, but maybe you get lucky with some pack sales, to get rid of it. :D
2009-12-07 10:31
Grim Reaper
Account closed

Thanks, i know my message was sparce to say the least. But if I sold my collection I'd want it mainly to go to someone who would really appreciate it for what it's worth. To see cracks i did on the Atari prior to C64 is funny. No intros, just text and/or hidden messages in the game. Cracked tape to cartridges on it and made a tape loader for to load audio-copied games. Also as mentioned to someone who would like it, since I get so many mails about converting XDS/NEC/NEI stuff to PC (something I just dont have the time nor want to do really-nothing against it mind you). In a messy situation of moving, I just tossed the post out there. Hate to admit it but I just can't see myself getting back into any 8-bit systems. PC and my PS3 are enough to comsume probably too much of my time I should be sleeping...never hassle an insomniac, we byte!...and doing shows for bands, studio stuff and playing myself (guitarist for almost 30 years, singer/songwriter/roadie for pals etc) can also take it's toll.. Ok peace all, GR out......
2009-12-07 11:19
tomz
Account closed

The hardware is worth mentioning here but as for your software,well i reckon most of us would have what we want (in the form of a crack) Selling it all off seperately would maximize your profit,and no need to be concerned about it going to a good home,as anyone prepared to pay good money for it, wont be throwing it straight into a rubbish bin (obviously)

For the original software you could try selling it on Lemon64,this may save you an ebay fee, good luck and good bye

tomz/TIDE
2009-12-07 12:56
Grim Reaper
Account closed

ok thanks for info, never heard of lemon64.. i wull just google it.
2009-12-07 15:30
Jon
Account closed

On the "open market", your cracks and releases aren't worth any more than the disks that they are on. If you have originals with the boxes and manuals, you might be able to make some money there. As far as the gear itself... That's hit or miss. If you have anything "rare" like a SCPU, that's a major factor. Otherwise, there are still a million or more C64s out there, and anyone who wants a system probably already has one.

So it sounds like you have two criteria for the sale-- You want to make money and you want someone to understand the "value" of what you are selling them. That second point is the tough one. What is the value of the Commodore that The Grim Reaper used to NTSC fix games? Probably no more than the next C64 on Craig's List or eBay. Sorry.

Get your cracks and releases to someone who will preserve them here or elsewhere. The NTSC scene is woefully under represented on the CSDb. I whole heartedly encourage you to donate them to someone who will transfer them to the PC.

Either way, good luck with your move and the sale of your equipment.

Jon
2009-12-07 16:46
Acidchild

WORD!!!!
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Stablizer/ExCeSs/DMX
Guests online: 67
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.7)
2 13:37  (9.7)
3 Coma Light 13  (9.7)