Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user maak ! (Registered 2024-04-18) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Productions > Loader ad banners
2022-07-03 03:21
Krill

Loader ad banners

... seriously. WHY? =)

... 25 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2022-07-06 23:38
Krill

Should have animated sparkling star-thing. =)
2022-07-06 23:39
DeMOSic

Quote: Should have animated sparkling star-thing. =)

i could do that maybe ;) getting to it now

Edit: did it, this is as good as a animation i can make. ill make it better tomorrow, its shait for now
2022-07-07 00:18
Raistlin

@Krill, you missed this demo out in your list of demos advertising loaders:-

Revolutions Delivered
2022-07-07 00:50
Skate

My real problem with loader credits is not those adverts but the actual CSDb credits. Just look at Krill's profile. 300+ credits, 200+ of them are for "Loader". We need a toggle switch for that. :)
2022-07-07 06:39
Raistlin

Quote: My real problem with loader credits is not those adverts but the actual CSDb credits. Just look at Krill's profile. 300+ credits, 200+ of them are for "Loader". We need a toggle switch for that. :)

For intros, where the coder of the intro doesn't want to be credited for every single time that their intro is used but might be interested in knowing how many times it's been used, that functionality is there .. you can tag the intro onto each crack/release. But.. it's not always (or usually) not set in CSDb.. understandably, of course, as it's quite a bit of work tracking down the intro for every single release.. plus, if the intro wasn't released as a standalone then there's no way to do it anyway.

With IRQ loaders, SID trackers, etc, I'm sure that number would be interesting rather than seeing the credit every time .. and it would be great to be able to see which loader was used on each demo/release .. but it would be way too much work... if that data was ever added and "complete" on CSDb, we'd probably all be long dead anyway ;)
2022-07-07 08:43
Krill

Quoting Raistlin
@Krill, you missed this demo out in your list of demos advertising loaders:-

Revolutions Delivered
Nice try! =)
List wasn't exhaustive, and an entire admo for a loader was left out on purpose, because different thing.
Also...
Quoting Raistlin
Regardless of that, if you don’t like loaders being advertised, just downvote… that’s what others do when they don’t like something. Post a comment, say “I’m giving this a 7 instead of an 8 because I detest the loader banners” and just do it ;-)
... have a look at the comment section of aforementioned admo, and you'll find i did something like that long before this thread. :)

Quoting Skate
My real problem with loader credits is not those adverts but the actual CSDb credits. Just look at Krill's profile. 300+ credits, 200+ of them are for "Loader". We need a toggle switch for that. :)
That's a CSDb problem, not a crediting problem. "Just" need filters for "secondary" credits.

Quoting Raistlin
With IRQ loaders, SID trackers, etc, I'm sure that number would be interesting rather than seeing the credit every time .. and it would be great to be able to see which loader was used on each demo/release .. but it would be way too much work... if that data was ever added and "complete" on CSDb, we'd probably all be long dead anyway ;)
Over on deepsid.chordian.net, they have player stats over about every SID tune ever released. =D
2022-07-07 09:41
DeMOSic

Quoting Krill
That's a CSDb problem, not a crediting problem. "Just" need filters for "secondary" credits.

Yeah i think instead of crediting the author of the loader there should be a credit mode like where you add the loader as the credit instead of the loader author. f.ex "Loader: Krill Loader" instead of "Loader: Krill" or "Loader: Spindle" instead of "Loader: LFT" etc etc etc. Its already like that for Cracktros, why not Loaders?
2022-07-07 12:11
Krill

Quoting DeMOSic
Its already like that for Cracktros, why not Loaders?
Maybe because you'd have to have actual loader releases to link to (as per CSDb rules), and with quite a few different versions, many of them not publically released, some one-off-single-shots, etc., this gets counterproductive quickly.
2022-07-07 12:31
DeMOSic

Quote: Quoting DeMOSic
Its already like that for Cracktros, why not Loaders?
Maybe because you'd have to have actual loader releases to link to (as per CSDb rules), and with quite a few different versions, many of them not publically released, some one-off-single-shots, etc., this gets counterproductive quickly.

Yeah i guess. but well i guess for the public loaders it can be credited to the loader and for the unreleased loaders or one off loaders i guess the author of the loader can be credited. It prevents flood atleast.
2022-07-07 13:22
Krill

Quoting DeMOSic
Yeah i guess. but well i guess for the public loaders it can be credited to the loader and for the unreleased loaders or one off loaders i guess the author of the loader can be credited. It prevents flood atleast.

My point was that Krill's Loader, Repository Version 184 is, as you see, one revision of 184 and counting, with only 5 public releases.
Then there were different codebases before that one, and many customs.
So linking to a specific loader release, if existing, would leave out something in the order of maybe 50% of all productions having used one or the other glorified disk driver made by me.

And anyways, there will be no improvements to CSDb any more, so... idle musings. =)
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
CA$H/TRiAD
Marq/Fit^Lieves!Tuor..
Icon/TRIAD
fandenvoldsk
El Gato
curtcool