Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user Jedfox ! (Registered 2024-05-28) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Productions > Balloonacy 2 idiocy
2005-12-05 22:53
Wanderer
Account closed

Balloonacy 2 idiocy

I have to feel so bad for Richard, being brave enough to release his own game without trainers.

Within 24 hours of his releasing a game, there appears a 2 trainer version. An hour or two later a 3 trainer version. The next day there's a 4 trainer version and finally a 6 trainer version.

I'll hold out for the Nostalgia +20 version with hi score saver. *groan*

Richard must feel like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie feel when the National Enquirer vultures swoop down upon them. Granted you're open game when you release something but it's pretty laughable to see so many people pounce upon Richard's game like a homeless man chasing a bagel rolling down the street.

Let's clear this up to save time:

MEGA TRAINER
=============
Change $7003 to JMP $2c00

2c00 jsr $70a1
2c03 jsr $ffe4
2c06 cmp #$2a
bne XX
inc $09
XX rts

This plays the music while giving you the key when you hit the star key.
======================

Infinite Lives: EA EA EA (three NOP's) at $394e

==========================

Infinite time: EA EA EA at $3ba1

==========================
Sprite Collision off = RTS at $3a9d

Save $e000-$f000 when you go to save the memory.

We need a starting level option and a button to hold down for temporary sprite collision bypass. I'd laugh but I'm sure in a day this WILL happen. Mark my words.

*sighs* Note to Richard, perhaps in your next game you could include a hidden trainer with every conceivable option. Granted your game was difficult to play but I hate to see it re-released without your intro and directory tree.

PS. All the above was done without looking at any of the versions out there. I became bored :)

... 192 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2005-12-06 21:14
CreaMD

IMO there is big difference between snailmail scene and internet scene. Here you can't "fuck-you" anyone at instant. Internet brings people closer to each other . Maybe even closer than in board-days and therefore some kind of netiquete should be followed because anything you spit against the sea of internet can return to you as a big wave in few hours/minutes. But I wouldn't mind if the old spirit returned.. nowadays you get every kind of respons immediatelly and unfiltered and that can be quite disappointing for some weaker personalities.
roman
2005-12-06 21:33
Moloch

/me waits for a wave with a surfboard in hand
2005-12-06 21:34
Tch
Account closed

You are totally right.
I was a complete nobody in the early 90´s.

The difference between when lamer-groups appeared and the NOWADAYS,is that those old games were commercial releases.
Selling crap,abusing consumers!
New stuff comes from ´amateurs´ just trying to have some fun.
Slag whatever you want,standards have dropped.

As for my comments,I don´t think I´ve made that many on ´cracks´,if any at all.
If you refer to my other comments..
Screw you,it is my opinion and I don´t care what you think about those.
When I like a demo/music,who are you to say I am wrong?
I don´t give negative feedback anymore,if you want some of that, read some "Brutal Recall" issues.. ;P
If something rates below 5,I draw the line...

Hmm,this stuff is ment to be fun..
2005-12-06 21:41
Moloch

To be clear, my recent comments are directed towards Richard's response.
2005-12-06 21:44
Zyron

This thread is boring...
2005-12-06 21:44
Tch
Account closed

Haha,don´t leave me time to change my post at all,did you?
Keep surfing.. ;)
2005-12-06 22:06
CreaMD

Quote: This thread is boring...

I would say.. Thanx God, finally some thread where I'm not being accused of being nasty on oldcomers. ...and not respecting the old principles. ... and well.. for the rest of accusations read the breakpoint forums about executable music compo ;-))))
2005-12-07 00:31
Dipswitch

i'm just a c64 scene "watcher", and probably i don't know something essential, but what is wrong to release a _trainer_ for a pd game? trainer is trainer! game is game!
2005-12-07 00:54
cadaver

Yes. Ideally IMO game coder could/should 100% disregard what goes on in the cracking scene, especially as it isn't now even a question of real piratism / lost profits.

Hidden selfmade ingame cheats (usually activated by typing something) are however good idea, not to discourage training, but to act as safeguard for bad/lazy players to get to the end even in case the game never gets trained.
2005-12-07 02:04
Wanderer
Account closed

Quote: i'm just a c64 scene "watcher", and probably i don't know something essential, but what is wrong to release a _trainer_ for a pd game? trainer is trainer! game is game!

That's a valid question and it goes back to my original post.

Okay you need a trainer, infinite time or sprite collision. But it just never ends... you get +3, +4, high score saver, IFFL versions, and even +20 (I've seen one game with this many).

I've been around for almost 20 years and I think I can form an opinion that this is no longer about making a trainer to play the game but just to better the last person and get "your" release out. I highly (and I posted this almost a year back) doubt anyone's going to care if Quest for Tires or Pac Man has an extra 4 trainers or not.

The games were released 20 years ago, played to death, and now they are played no more. But that's only my thoughts.

If one group releases a trained version, fine.. but do we really need +6 followed by a +10 version a week later?

I could, in theory, go through all of Gamebase's games and put out 2000 new games with 20 trainers in them. Does the 64 scene need it? No. Will a lot of people see it? Likely not. Will the game actually be played? I very much doubt it.

I realize there is nothing but hours and hours of free time now that the game scene is dry. In my time, you had no time to make many trainer versions because you were too busy working on the next crack. One day we put out 6 games, so time was limited on the cracker.

In the old days once you put out the version you were done. You didn't go back to make a +3 followed by a +10 version. There were standards, today there are none.

It's your right, but AFAIC it's really just very sad and lame to see 4 version of a new game in 24 hours.

Richard, I call upon you to end this madness. Include an in-game trainer. I remember one of the first games I played was Blue Max and it had a secret code you'd enter to cheat. I never did figure it out but the trend of cheating is not new.

Save us Richard, save us :)

Okay this thread is too long. The fire marshall is threatening to close it for too many people are in here. So I'm going to vacate the building.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | ... | 21 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Jammer
TheRyk/MYD!
GI-Joe/MYD!
sebalozlepsi
redcrab/G★P
Rutterkin