Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Productions > Balloonacy 2 idiocy
2005-12-05 22:53
Wanderer
Account closed

Balloonacy 2 idiocy

I have to feel so bad for Richard, being brave enough to release his own game without trainers.

Within 24 hours of his releasing a game, there appears a 2 trainer version. An hour or two later a 3 trainer version. The next day there's a 4 trainer version and finally a 6 trainer version.

I'll hold out for the Nostalgia +20 version with hi score saver. *groan*

Richard must feel like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie feel when the National Enquirer vultures swoop down upon them. Granted you're open game when you release something but it's pretty laughable to see so many people pounce upon Richard's game like a homeless man chasing a bagel rolling down the street.

Let's clear this up to save time:

MEGA TRAINER
=============
Change $7003 to JMP $2c00

2c00 jsr $70a1
2c03 jsr $ffe4
2c06 cmp #$2a
bne XX
inc $09
XX rts

This plays the music while giving you the key when you hit the star key.
======================

Infinite Lives: EA EA EA (three NOP's) at $394e

==========================

Infinite time: EA EA EA at $3ba1

==========================
Sprite Collision off = RTS at $3a9d

Save $e000-$f000 when you go to save the memory.

We need a starting level option and a button to hold down for temporary sprite collision bypass. I'd laugh but I'm sure in a day this WILL happen. Mark my words.

*sighs* Note to Richard, perhaps in your next game you could include a hidden trainer with every conceivable option. Granted your game was difficult to play but I hate to see it re-released without your intro and directory tree.

PS. All the above was done without looking at any of the versions out there. I became bored :)

... 192 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2005-12-11 12:29
iopop

Quote: Correct.
Wandererer is again clueless.

I wonder why he didn't add any VU meters to this release.

more like a 16 year old attention whore. if we just ignore him he will hopefully stop?
2005-12-11 17:15
Wanderer
Account closed

Quote: more like a 16 year old attention whore. if we just ignore him he will hopefully stop?

Hi boys and girls, lets practice our math today.

1) Infinite life
2) Infinite time
3) Sprite collision removed
4) Barrier animation removed
5) Skip level
6) Get key trigger
7) Open door trigger
8) View end sequence
9) Start level change

So you are right. It is defintely fake because adding 1 thru 9 numbers does not equal the number 9.

Now I was curious about #8 because it's not really a trainer but according to the other Balloonacy release that counts as one (ps: Richard I was sure to make sure the character set was on).

At best it's a +8 but I'm going for +9. The megatrainer comes from the trainer being in-game as opposed to just before the game. This is what I understand +M to be. Curious programmers will want to look at $9000 and $9200.

I can see that this release is doing exactly what I wanted. Bringing attention to my attention whore fetish about trainer wars being gay.

Quote:
>if we just ignore him he will hopefully stop

It's too late for that as you already not only downloaded it but also chose to post about it.

The funny part is, had any other group released it, it would have been seen as a better version. We had +2, 4 and 6... and now 9. But because I made it clear I think re-releasing with even more trainers is absolutely gay gay gay, you come down on me :)

I'll try to fit the VU meters in next time. :)

/hands out kleenex to iopop and HMVDVA. Don't take it too hard, I did it because I want to see someone make a +10 or +20 version and prove me right.

"Don't hate the player, hate the game" LOL
2005-12-11 17:48
Tch
Account closed

Some argue that 5&9 or 6&7 are the same.

But all I can do is laugh about all this... 8D
The more I think about it,the funnier it becomes.

Does humor belong in the scene? ;)
2005-12-12 02:55
Wanderer
Account closed

Actually you're right about 6 and 7 being similar. I thought about that after I finished training the game. The best way I can see this working is to use #6 from any given area on the screen and see if you can reach the door. Let's face it, some levels of the game make it very difficult to obtain the key.

Trainer #7 follows the same logic as #6.

Skipping a level allows you to bypass levels you may find too easy/difficult or just not interesting enough. The start level provides an easier way to begin a new game at a predetermined level.

I think though, you have to remember the overall purpose behind this release. The release was meant to show how RIDICULOUS the scene is, where groups try to outdo one another based on trainers that are, in all actuality, pretty much useless. We won't get into training 1980's games either, that's another issue I have.

I did it to show: (a) it's all too easy to train, requiring very little skill, (b) anyone can do better than a previously released version if they put enough time into it and (c) sometimes it's best to just leave a release very well alone. In the case of Balloonacy I left the original intro intact, something other versions did not do. I didn't place any intro of my own on it, and I left the directory structure intact.

If Nostalgia released the game with 9 trainers or even 20, it would have been hailed as a wonderful release. Yet when I did it, it was ridiculed. I don't apologize for being old school from an era where re-releasing with more trainers was not done. I won't apologize for approaching this with humour when those getting anal retentive are the same ones who released trained versions themselves :)

I don't care what the new scene thinks of me, I'm old school and I will continue to poke fun at situations that I see as being absurd. People are totally free not to download my stuff if they desire not to.

All I want is for someone to make a +10 or +20 to add to the madness and prove my opinions on the scene to be justified. If that does not happen, you still end up with a decent game and the best version available. :)

That's it for me on this matter.
2005-12-12 05:46
Slartibartfast
Account closed

How many times now have you done a release "to show how RIDICULOUS the scene is"? It's not making the scene look any more ridiculous...
2005-12-12 07:03
Wanderer
Account closed

Quote: How many times now have you done a release "to show how RIDICULOUS the scene is"? It's not making the scene look any more ridiculous...

Forbidden Forest - training old games is sad.

Balloonacy - Training and retraining is sad.

All others were legit attempts. But since you were asking rhetorically rather than statistically, I would respond, "Whenever I feel like poking fun at the ridiculous things that I see".

*pokes Slarti*
2005-12-12 07:05
Slartibartfast
Account closed

Yes, I can see my point was lost on your befuddled mind.
2005-12-12 07:07
Zyron

Quote:
If Nostalgia released the game with 9 trainers or even 20, it would have been hailed as a wonderful release. Yet when I did it, it was ridiculed.

I don't understand why you keep bringing Nostalgia into this discussion. This thread, as I've understood, is about how ridiculous the scene is when several fake groups try to beat eachother in who can squeeze the most trainers into a newly released public domain game, where you took the prize. Now explain to me what Nostalgia has to do with this & how you even can imply that we'd do a release like that.
2005-12-12 08:14
The Overkiller
Account closed

@Zyron: maybe he doesn't understand the difference between fake labels and oldies cracking groups ?
2005-12-12 12:02
The Overkiller
Account closed

Quote: Forbidden Forest - training old games is sad.

Balloonacy - Training and retraining is sad.

All others were legit attempts. But since you were asking rhetorically rather than statistically, I would respond, "Whenever I feel like poking fun at the ridiculous things that I see".

*pokes Slarti*

Forbidden Forest - training old games is sad.

Maybe it's sad for you, surely not for everybody. Your argument is useless.
Previous - 1 | ... | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | ... | 21 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Apollyon/ALD
Scrap/Genesis Project
chesser/Nigaz
QuasaR/CENTRiC
Wayne Kerr/Flashtro
rambo/Therapy/ Resou..