Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Productions > Balloonacy 2 idiocy
2005-12-05 22:53
Wanderer
Account closed

Balloonacy 2 idiocy

I have to feel so bad for Richard, being brave enough to release his own game without trainers.

Within 24 hours of his releasing a game, there appears a 2 trainer version. An hour or two later a 3 trainer version. The next day there's a 4 trainer version and finally a 6 trainer version.

I'll hold out for the Nostalgia +20 version with hi score saver. *groan*

Richard must feel like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie feel when the National Enquirer vultures swoop down upon them. Granted you're open game when you release something but it's pretty laughable to see so many people pounce upon Richard's game like a homeless man chasing a bagel rolling down the street.

Let's clear this up to save time:

MEGA TRAINER
=============
Change $7003 to JMP $2c00

2c00 jsr $70a1
2c03 jsr $ffe4
2c06 cmp #$2a
bne XX
inc $09
XX rts

This plays the music while giving you the key when you hit the star key.
======================

Infinite Lives: EA EA EA (three NOP's) at $394e

==========================

Infinite time: EA EA EA at $3ba1

==========================
Sprite Collision off = RTS at $3a9d

Save $e000-$f000 when you go to save the memory.

We need a starting level option and a button to hold down for temporary sprite collision bypass. I'd laugh but I'm sure in a day this WILL happen. Mark my words.

*sighs* Note to Richard, perhaps in your next game you could include a hidden trainer with every conceivable option. Granted your game was difficult to play but I hate to see it re-released without your intro and directory tree.

PS. All the above was done without looking at any of the versions out there. I became bored :)

... 192 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2005-12-14 10:57
big piss
Account closed

Seems like URINE pissed down all our throats lately. Make sure to swallow otherwise you just choke, as they are so much.
2005-12-14 12:50
T.M.R
Account closed

Quote: @Zyron: maybe he doesn't understand the difference between fake labels and oldies cracking groups ?

No, i'd say it's pretty much guaranteed that he hasn't got a clue about oldie cracking since he's previously said "I could, in theory, go through all of Gamebase's games and put out 2000 new games with 20 trainers in them." Since almost all of the oldie releases are done from scratch using tape and disk originals, it's obviously not the same thing at all.

Still, if he'd like to "poke fun", how about a better version of, for example, Phobia deprotected from an original and with NTSC and bug fixes.
2005-12-14 16:06
Wanderer
Account closed

Quote: Yes, I can see my point was lost on your befuddled mind.

I addressed the issue in your post.
2005-12-14 16:15
Matt

atleast richard has the guts not to stay anonymous unlike that gangbangbus moron.
it's pathetic.
2005-12-14 16:20
Wanderer
Account closed

Quote: No, i'd say it's pretty much guaranteed that he hasn't got a clue about oldie cracking since he's previously said "I could, in theory, go through all of Gamebase's games and put out 2000 new games with 20 trainers in them." Since almost all of the oldie releases are done from scratch using tape and disk originals, it's obviously not the same thing at all.

Still, if he'd like to "poke fun", how about a better version of, for example, Phobia deprotected from an original and with NTSC and bug fixes.

Oldies groups: These games have already been cracked years and years ago. The games have already been trained as well. The original crackers were often under extreme time constraints to put out these games, today you could take an entire week. Today the knowledge on protection schemes can be found online, trainers pre-exist in other versions, and emulators allow us to break into a ML monitor at anytime. Compare that to the old days where some games wouldn't allow you to use your cartridge. Crackers often could not spend much time on making more trainers. It's become easier to crack, not more difficult.

Yet people still insist on taking originals and putting them out with +20 trainers behind them. They've even taken to training "DEMO" games.

For some reason they are hailed for this act. Rather confusing when you consider these games have been available for two decades in unprotected form.

I'll change my argument then... I could go to SCS/TRSI download all of their originals and release 200 games cracked and trained.

It wouldn't change the fact these games are already out, and have been for 20 years in the same form as I'd be making them. The only difference is the number of trainers.

Is there really any purpose to take an original and crack it, when there are 10 different versions of it? I mean give it up already... you can't find new games so you live in the past.

And on that note... looking at the Urine version, I would hardly call removing the music a "Trainer". I also would hardly call skipping intros a "trainer". I .... must.... beat.... +9.... so I will turn off the music and skip intros. It's a sad sad sad world for many of you. Why not offer alternative character sets and call it a +23?

While it's more of a 'budget' or 'joke' label group, someone did come along and try to beat the +9. Sadly 8 of those trainers were just turning off the music/skipping intros which is *not* considered a trainer whatsoever. That makes it +13.

Do you see my point now? The depth some people will go to, to make better versions is a sad joke. When you have to put out a piece of shit that skips an intro, something you could do by pressing the spacebar, you're scraping the bottom of the barrel.

This is what the scene has been reduced to... cracking 20 year old games and releasing lower quality versions just to beat someone else.

Oh and lets not forget the included "docs" because Balloonacy was a game that was so difficult to comprehend :) Of course I heard Slarti was confused, but he is distracted by shiney objects too. *shrugs*

This thread may make me unpopular but you know what, face the facts. You're desperate for anything to release that you have to crack 20 year old games that nobody plays any more. Even fixes are no longer an issue with the advent of PAL/NTSC emulators.

My original post still stands as true as it was the day I posted it :-) I'm glad I come from an era where originals were truly originals and not 20 year old re-cracks.

Now I have to run. I hear that I am able to download Fort Apocalypse as an original and crack it in 30 seconds and make +30 trainers. Surely someone will need this better version after having played it to death since they were 15 years old. Laaaaaame.

Happy Holidays
2005-12-14 17:19
T.M.R
Account closed

"Is there really any purpose to take an original and crack it, when there are 10 different versions of it?"

Yes, there's several; to bugfix it when there's no 100% version that won't crash at some point, to make it work with other devices like CMD drives, REU or 1581, to activate features that were taken out but left in the code and no other crack has, to add highscore savers, to get a huge multi-side title down to a single disk side so it's easier to play.

People (as in gamers) want these versions in order to play them; there's no other reason needed to do them.
2005-12-14 17:23
T.M.R
Account closed

Quote: atleast richard has the guts not to stay anonymous unlike that gangbangbus moron.
it's pathetic.

It's the scene, we all use handles.

Did you check the Urine version before commenting, by the way? It's actually better than any other version including Richard's, some actual work went into that.
2005-12-14 18:20
Zyron

Wanderer, I think you need to loosen up a bit & stop taking it all so damn serious. If people enjoy spending their time cracking & making really good versions of old games just let them, if they want to make a +45 of a PD-game just let them. I mean, is it REALLY something to get so upset about? It's all about the fun in doing something you like.
2005-12-14 18:25
Jazzcat

Erm, seems someone has forgot why sceners have handles and why there is fake groups with members using fake handles compared to they're real ones.

The lack of scene knowledge such as this is what is compelling me to release my new magazine. Informing people or remind them (some either don't know or have forgotten).

2005-12-14 18:59
The Overkiller
Account closed

Oldies groups: These games have already been cracked years and years ago. The games have already been trained as well.

That's not true !!! Many oldie groups trained games that in 20 years were never trained before. But at least the point is that your 200000 words replies are useless. I can only quote Zyron, it's for fun !!! Nothing more, nothing less .....
Previous - 1 | ... | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | ... | 21 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Guinea_pig/Moonshine
jmin
Acidchild/Padua
DuncanTwain
Codey/Second Dimension
chesser/Nigaz