Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Event id #3166 : Zoo 2022
2022-04-27 13:19
Flex

Event id #3166 : Zoo 2022

Finally it's official! NEW PLACE with much, much better accommodation facilities, BIG party hall etc..

More information will follow. Let's meet in the end of October 2022.

... 3 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2022-10-30 20:21
anonym

Wow, what an amazing event with amazing entries. Well done, organizers & participants. I had a great time and will still enjoy the fruits of this party for a long time.

The delays are normal for many demoparties, especially when you mix real life with online. Being -7 hours from you it was easy to handle on my end, but not as easy for everyone of course.
2022-10-31 00:29
Krill

Delays are always fine. Negative delays, not so fine.
2022-10-31 13:40
Mixer

Great party! Thanks for the organizers for all the great work. Thanks for the scene for a long and entertaining night of compos. Also, it was nice to see all the old(aging) faces and meet many new faces outside the c-64 scene.
2022-10-31 17:12
Codetsu

Thanks excellent party 7o7
entries no end ! awesome
Next time for sure we be there.
And this age i most enjoy
no stairs when loading stuff inside out !!!

Larger hotel capacity was the best, sleeping in the corridors doesn't really taste good anymore !!
2022-10-31 18:46
Burglar

Kudos and thanks to the organizers for an awesome party and especially Flex for being such an excellent host!

Sadly I sofascened this one, but the stream was very entertaining and of high quality throughout, also on friday with great performances.

Sure, party got hit by a delay and I did fall asleep during the democompo, but it's all good :)
The "Send Help" message during the delay had me cracking up :D

I know it's very hard to run a big compo to perfection, especially when it's an IRL party. Some of you will remember the mega-delay we had at X'12 ;)
I am wondering though, was the cause of the delay similar: compo machine video connection to beamer+stream with proper fps and video quality?
2022-10-31 22:11
Conrad

Still recharging my batteries... but I have enough energy to say: Best fucking party of the year! What a blast!

Cheers to everyone I have met, both familiar faces and new! You're all so friendly and have the great party spirit in all you! Partybus, hospitality, sauna, arcade machines, and of course the party releases, was all bang on top!

@Burglar... I don't know what the exact technical cause of the delay was, but it didn't feature a hanging cable. ;)

The delay also caused a beer shortage... really, yes. We were starting to get sober during the demo compo. :D
2022-10-31 22:53
Grendel

Quote: Kudos and thanks to the organizers for an awesome party and especially Flex for being such an excellent host!

Sadly I sofascened this one, but the stream was very entertaining and of high quality throughout, also on friday with great performances.

Sure, party got hit by a delay and I did fall asleep during the democompo, but it's all good :)
The "Send Help" message during the delay had me cracking up :D

I know it's very hard to run a big compo to perfection, especially when it's an IRL party. Some of you will remember the mega-delay we had at X'12 ;)
I am wondering though, was the cause of the delay similar: compo machine video connection to beamer+stream with proper fps and video quality?

Nope. Delay was from super massive amount of entries that took much much longer time than expected for the compocrew to check through and verify.

I didn't do a single adjustment to the stream settings after starting it on Friday and just some slight changes to the local broadcast system. The technical side worked as designed and expected with only some minor surprises like "oh game compo crew uses Ultimate 64 for the finals on stage" with the Ultimate 64 giving its usual non-compliant non-standard HDMI signal. That was the only technical delay with us trying first different HDMI cables and signal converters and "ok one camera films the screen and one films the finalist" before compocrew finally managing to force a sensible HDMI from the damn machine.
So delays were 98% just because the immense workload on the actual compocrew.
- Grendel / (B)
2022-10-31 23:15
Krill

1541U offers at least two ways to switch to next disk image without interrupting the program, though. This broke immersion immediately.

But that is my only gripe, rest of the viewing experience was great. =) (And again, delays are fine!)
2022-11-01 20:34
Burglar

Quoting Grendel
Nope. Delay was from super massive amount of entries that took much much longer time than expected for the compocrew to check through and verify.
So delays were 98% just because the immense workload on the actual compocrew.
- Grendel / (B)
cheers for the elaborate explanation!
and I hear ya and yea, with a huge amount of entries things become very hard and time consuming to manage.

btw, who's the main coder behind partyman? would be fun to compare notes :)
2022-11-02 16:43
Electric

Burglar, T-101 is Mr.Partyman.
Previous - 1 | 2 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Fred/Channel 4
DeMOSic/HF^MS^BCC^LSD
Stinky
eryngi
CopAss/Leader
K-reator/CMS/F4CG