Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Handle id #572 : Groepaz
2007-12-26 22:31
FMan
Account closed

Handle id #572 : Groepaz

This person is a moderator here. However, he sets a bad example by entering a completely off-topic "review" for a demo release:

Also, what's up with this "sir" thing that people seem to do nowadays in place of a direct insult?

... 259 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2013-10-20 16:10
Rough
Account closed

Well, it all comes down to one major problem. The No Name guys are not going to find another person who's stupid and lame enough to waste all his life on "moderating" a site like this.
2013-10-20 16:18
lemming

2013-10-20 16:40
Romppainen
Account closed

2013-10-20 17:37
Celtic
Administrator

Quote: Well, it all comes down to one major problem. The No Name guys are not going to find another person who's stupid and lame enough to waste all his life on "moderating" a site like this.

Also, as one of the 'NoName' guys, the amount of work that Groepaz puts in is amazing. ever forgot your pasword, or not logged in a while? 99% chance groepaz is the one who turns it back on. He also checks about every upload, every file, every post.

I know he can come off as a hard man, but come on, it aint as bad as you guys say it is.

@ Slammer: If you have a problem with either remarks of attitude of one of the Moderators, contact one of the other Mods or Admins (me of perff). We are all quite nice people (including Groepaz btw) and i am sure any sort of problem can be sorted out.

Making fun of someone, however the bad taste (or good taste) involved is not something that is not allowed. At least up to a point. This is not a needlepoint club, this is a c64 scene database.
And please dont hold the mods or admins to a higher standard. most of us here are here because we are users in the first place.

ah well. i hope this nonsense dies down soon enough.
2013-10-20 18:11
Count Zero

And he is the _only_ person at least _trying_ to make heads and tails of Poland releases and comments imho!
I tend to simply ignore penglish where I don't just understand it.

Apart, many projects wouldn't be at their current level without his expertise - we might even have a SuperCard Pro Ultimate without him! Fear THAT!
2013-10-20 18:58
Slammer

Celtic: Good to hear. Im sure he is a nice guy once you get to know him. (Still he could moderate the aggression a bit)
2013-10-20 19:17
wacek

Quote:
And he is the _only_ person at least _trying_ to make heads and tails of Poland releases and comments imho!

This is very, very, VERY iyho.
And by the way, it's Polish releases, not Poland releases, oh my God a language barrier!!1!!oneone I'm surely gonna have a flame with Count0 over this ;) But seriously...

The whole poland/germany discussion is stupid as bricks, I agree. Trying to be hipsterish with your capitalization is not the same as being a "nazi" ;) Yet once again this stupid minor detail is used to redirect attention from what is really important IMHO.

Yes, there is a language barrier for those two guys. Still, Wegi and Kisiel are both solid contributors to the scene. If you're not so much aware of it, that's MOSTLY because of that language barrier. If you treat it as a kind of a shortcoming, what makes more sense - help or ridicule? What feels more like a scene spirit - empathy or unconstructive douchbaggery?

I had my fights with Groepaz, and sometimes over things that were very important to me, where I had to give up because he is not able to change his opinions when he makes them, regardless how stupid or retarded they might be. Sometimes he's right, sometimes he is just so fucking wrong it's painful, but you need to understand that regardless of the good job he's doing with the database (I am surely not going to disagree with that), what's bad is that he is setting a nasty tone the to perception of this site. If you're in a bar drinking with your buddies, the one that gets obnoxious, jumps on the table and takes his dick out to piss on other people is the one making the image of all of you if you can't control him.

The only reason I am still here is that I feel there is more worth in what I have to share with the community than in how much I can be disrespected by this one particular individual. Oh, and is that too dramatic and laughable for you? Well, fuck you then, I guess ;)

So yes, he puts piles of work into the site, but maybe he's also the reason why some of other people don't put in as much as they could. Get it?
2013-10-20 19:29
Testa
Account closed

I do not really follow this discussion but can someone explain to me where the nazi comparison is based on, I mean is he involved in some kind of an extremely right based group, because if he is not then I find the comparison that groepaz is a nazi really going to far..

you know what happened in the concentration camps,
can you really compare that with what is going on at this site ... ?????
2013-10-20 21:04
TheRyk

he decided to be born in Germany and still lives there and he doesn't mind using capital letters, so he _MUST_ be a nazi, what more proof do you need! Probalbly a bad-speller nazi from the dark side of the moon. Inform the authorities, arrest him or rather sharpen your pitchforks and light your torches for a proper lynching
2013-10-20 21:13
Testa
Account closed

aah i see when you are born in GERMANY you are a nazi...
maybe he is proud of his motherland, but he is not proud of the Nazi movement
but I do not mix me further in this discussion I was just wondering where the Nazi comparison came from.
Previous - 1 | ... | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | ... | 27 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Kakka/Extend, Damone..
CA$H/TRiAD
Manex/Anubis
Grue/Extend
TPM/Silicon Ltd
E$G/hOKUtO fOrcE