Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > C64 Composing > SID Factory II
2020-06-05 15:41
JCH

SID Factory II

Laxity and I have decided to go BETA with SID Factory II to let all curious SID composers also have a go at this cross-platform SID editor.

We have a Facebook group that you are welcome to join. There's also a nifty user manual there. If you're not on Facebook, this thread should serve as another place where we can share questions, ideas, music, bugs, new builds, additional files, etc.

Please note that although SID Factory II is quite stable and more than capable of editing SID tunes at this point, it is still missing a few essential things such as e.g. sub tunes. We have a solid ToDo and will post new builds here as they become available.

The first official BETA build: SIDFactoryII_20200604.zip

... 144 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2020-09-11 19:58
Youth

Quoting Compyx

Nitpicking, I know, but it would make it easier for people to override the compiler, linker and flags in a standard way :)

I have only limited linux/c++/makefile experience so I am not surprised the Makefile is flawed :) Once I had the macOS build I thought I could have a go at extending the experience I had from that to a linux build.

But since neither Laxity, JCH or myself actually use linux, we will not find issues ourselves or be able to properly fix and test them, so input and pull requests are welcome!
2020-09-11 21:09
Compyx

Quote: Nitpicking aside, this is proper nitpicking.

Never seen LD assigned to CXX though

We use g++ or clang++ as a linker for vice, otherwise vte won't link, usually though LD=$(CC) should work fine.
2020-09-11 21:13
Compyx

Quote: Quoting Compyx

Nitpicking, I know, but it would make it easier for people to override the compiler, linker and flags in a standard way :)

I have only limited linux/c++/makefile experience so I am not surprised the Makefile is flawed :) Once I had the macOS build I thought I could have a go at extending the experience I had from that to a linux build.

But since neither Laxity, JCH or myself actually use linux, we will not find issues ourselves or be able to properly fix and test them, so input and pull requests are welcome!

You may want to start with merging the 'linux' branch into master. Having to check out a separate branch (which is out of sync) for Linux feels weird.
2020-09-11 23:18
chatGPZ

Quote:
You may want to start with merging the 'linux' branch into master.

this :)

as for distribution - i wouldnt bother much. just make sure it builds correctly. packaging is usually up to those who make the distros. it shouldnt be required for something simple like this either. if you really care, a proper "make install" target is the way to go, imho - but it will require configuration options for various things. i'd rather fix the code so a plain binary distribution works from whatever location.
2020-09-12 07:14
Youth

Quoting Groepaz
Quote:
You may want to start with merging the 'linux' branch into master.

this :)

Done. Linux branch is merged to master. Good luck ;)
2020-09-12 13:45
chatGPZ

Compiles with almost zero warnings (just some harmless "unchecked return values of fread"), and works fine from the "artifacts" directory after "make dist". i think you can just zip that up for an oldschool binary distribution, leave more sophisticated packaging to whoever wants to do it =P
2020-09-12 13:57
tlr

Quote: Compiles with almost zero warnings (just some harmless "unchecked return values of fread"), and works fine from the "artifacts" directory after "make dist". i think you can just zip that up for an oldschool binary distribution, leave more sophisticated packaging to whoever wants to do it =P

+1

Seems to build fine here on Ubuntu 20.04.1LTS. Good work guys!
2020-09-12 16:41
Youth

Quoting Groepaz
Compiles with almost zero warnings (just some harmless "unchecked return values of fread"), and works fine from the "artifacts" directory after "make dist". i think you can just zip that up for an oldschool binary distribution, leave more sophisticated packaging to whoever wants to do it =P

Thanks! Only thing is, I have no clue if the keyboard bindings are all working. Can anyone shed some light on that? I am using a virtualbox image to test but it already has a weird keyboard layout so I can't properly test it.
2020-09-12 16:44
chatGPZ

MMMh, i dont know the program good enough to check this - but it's an SDL app, i dont see why there would be differences between windows/linux/mac. At least in VICE there are no such problems with the keyboard, unless you are using keys that you shouldnt use in the first place ("media" keys for example)
2022-01-13 13:53
JCH

SID Factory build 20211230 has been released.

The main features of this build are song list descriptions, driver 11.04 with note delay, specifying the zero page addresses used by the driver, and various minor fixes.

As always you can download it here: http://blog.chordian.net/sf2/
Previous - 1 | ... | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
zscs
psych
master_hacker
Guests online: 178
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.8)