Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Feedback > Comment editing disabled
2013-12-13 22:23
Didi

Comment editing disabled

What's the reason for disabling this, please?

... 141 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2013-12-16 21:00
jailbird

Quote:
wat? before you babble about "majority" next time, please define accurately what you mean, and tell a number. how many are your so called "majority" then?

Dude, just look at the credits of the main releases in the last few years and compare it to the authors of the comments supporting public votes on the forums. Believe it or not, you'll find a huge common set.

Quote:
wait wat? sceners use csdb for communication more than irc or facebook? lol. what was the word again... delusional?

There is a more active all-round communication platform where a bigger diversity of C64 sceners are gathered in such masses as on CSDb?? Which one? IRC or Facebook, really? I won't even comment on IRC, but I'd like some examples from Facebook, maybe I'll really move my activity there.

Quote:
last time i checked the forum was almost dead any other half scene related forum i have visited in the past months is much much MUCH more active. and the most active part of the forum here is the part that is about the db.

The forum might be stalling, but that doesn't mean that it's dead or will stay this way. And it was lively once. Anyhow, none of that changes the fact at all that the site is much more than a raw database.

Quote:
i'll remind you next time you are raging about not being able to delete your account =P

People have ups and downs, you know. In case I'll have a temper tantrum again, just go for it. Thanks in advance!

Quote:
some people are easily butthurt, yes. they must take the opinion of that individual as highly important to them.

Didn't even cared or knew who he was till one of the admins shared the info with me without me specifically asking for it.

And whilst we're at it, and you imply my negative personal attachments to this topic, since then (more than 10 years has passed) I don't even have anonymous downvotes, at least the last time I've checked there weren't any. None at all. So I can't really be butthurt at people who don't even exists.

Still I think that the system is flawed and unfair this way, and it makes me aggravated when I see people's morale dropping and annoyed sceners all around because of it.
2013-12-16 21:19
chatGPZ

Quote:
Dude, just look at the credits of the main releases in the last few years and compare it to the authors of the comments supporting public votes on the forums. Believe it or not, you'll find a huge common set.

so can you tell how big your so called "majority" is or are you making it up? only the opinions of those handful people who made the main releases of the last few years count eh? i dont think so. (and no, if you make such claims its your job to count and provide the numbers. and i encourage you to do it, i will accept *facts*, promised.)
2013-12-16 21:34
Burglar

http://thedesk.matthewkeys.net/2013/12/16/exclusive-twitter-wor..

but of course csdb mods know better: lets block standard functionality just cause few braindead ppl abuse it.
2013-12-16 21:37
chatGPZ

Quote:
Twitter is looking at a few things, including limitations on how many characters or words a user would be allowed to insert or delete. According to sources, Twitter is also developing an “editorial algorithm” that, if it works correctly, would be able to “detect” whether or not a user is attempting to change the overall intention of the tweet instead of fixing a minor mistake or retracting an erroneous report.

they are doing that out of sheer evil, i guess
2013-12-16 22:22
jailbird

Quote:
so can you tell how big your so called "majority" is or are you making it up? only the opinions of those handful people who made the main releases of the last few years count eh? i dont think so.

Well, since they are the ones who are actually affected by the votes, I'd say it's more than fair that they word should count a tad more than those who couldn't care less.

But how about those who actively participated in the work of CSDb during it's existence, one way or another (not just producing new stuff, but also active submitters, commenters, voters, etc)?

Out of the blue, here's a list of those who mentioned anonymous votes with negative connotation just here on CSDb. I could easily double this number by including those too who I communicated with personally but didn't participated in the discussions.

Interestingly, on more than 15+ threads dealing with downvoting, only about half a dozen people was fine with the current system, or felt like unaffected.

Even Perff seems indecisive.

Jailbird
Mace
Oswald
Scout
Moloch
Mason
Mr. Mouse
Celticdesign
SIDwave
Enthusi
Laxity
Burglar
Cadaver
CreaMD
Graham
Zyron
Bepp
Jeff
Mirage
Edhellon
Steppe
Hein
TDJ
T.M.R.
Ptoing
Mermaid
Wile Coyote
The Overkiller
Ed
Joe
Clarence
Owen
Fade
Sander
Puterman
Deev
Blackdroid
Dwangi
Bordeaux
Trash
Raf
Merman
Twoflower
Hollowman
Tao
Tch
Bizzmo
Skate
Krill
Sledge
JackAsser
Archmage
Knoeki
Jammer
Sasq
Radiantx
The Ignorance
Leon
Nafcom
DCMP
Dalezy
Oxidy
Yodelking
WVL
_V_
Yazoo
Bugjam
NecroPolo
Krill
Carrion
Kristian Røstøen
Linus
Peacemaker
Veto
PAL
Stainless Steel
The Shadow
Jazzcat
6R6
MagerValp
Fungus
STE'86
Dane
Ian Coog
Sixx
Glasnost
Testa
Danzig

Eagerly awating a list of the majority who are beside the current voting system.
2013-12-16 22:28
Hein

Why are you at #1 in that list? Can I downvote you?
2013-12-16 22:30
Mace

I hate the voting system, if only because it's an ongoing source of improductive discussions.
A '+1' or 'like' button would suffice, rating with numbers is not from this era.
2013-12-16 22:37
chatGPZ

Quote:
Eagerly awating a list of the majority who are beside the current voting system.

how about you define who belongs to the group this majority refers to first? precisely that is. without that whatever you come up with is completely useless, being a random list of names chosen without criteria.

so far 88 out of 1545 users on that list.
2013-12-16 22:45
jailbird

Quote: Quote:

how about you define who belongs to the group this majority refers to first? precisely that is. without that whatever you come up with is completely useless, being a random list of names chosen without criteria.

so far 88 out of 1545 users on that list.

There is a criteria: that's a list of people who oppose(d) anonymous voting.

And how many of those 1545 users actively participate in the work of CSDb or put out releases?
2013-12-16 22:53
Hein

Quote: There is a criteria: that's a list of people who oppose(d) anonymous voting.

And how many of those 1545 users actively participate in the work of CSDb or put out releases?

I did? :)
Wasn't this thread about editing comments anyway? Oh, right, someone mentioned voting for comments, another retarded internet side-effect, which made this thread derail a bit.
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | ... | 16 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
bugjam
A3/AFL
sebalozlepsi
Freeze/Blazon
fegolhuzz
MWR/Visdom