Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Feedback > peoples numbers / address's
2007-09-24 09:32
chancer

peoples numbers / address's

stop posting peoples FULL address's and phone numbers on here esp in the UK.. if they are the owner of the profile IS the actual person then fair enough, its down to them. not someone else to post em

2 sceners i still know in the UK contacted me, asking me about this place.. their parents still live there, and they were asking for their son in both cases.. the numbers are EX directory, also.. so neither appricated.

apparently some one off here had been ringing up the numbers mentioned on their profiles, if they wanted their numbers posted THEY would do it.

the rough area where they were based is ok, but not the FULL address OR more importantly phone number. People don't have the permission to do it, so why do it?

and r0ugh.. don't blah blah me either in PM about this.. if people want to post up their full address let THEM do it.

... 31 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2007-09-24 10:22
tlr

It was a question. I have only assumed they were not identifiable. I'm not German so I don't know myself.

So you say they no longer exist at all? Then those would be safe to post at least.

That particular address help me a lot yesterday.
2007-09-24 10:29
Rough
Account closed

I don't know if Chancer already described a PLK, I put him on my ignore list.

So, a PLK is kinda like Poste Restante in other countries, but instead of just having a name like THE PAPILLONS - POSTE RESTANTE getting all post coming to this address, you had a paper card stating a number like 125332 C and you received any post arriving to that number at the post office.

edit. and, yes they were absolutely anonym and free, you didnt have to make a contract like it is with usign a post box. I never heard they officially ceased to exist from the news, they just... hm... faded away... 8)
2007-09-24 10:35
Burglar

Quote: although this Chancer guy is going on my nerves with his e-mail crap I agree not to add exact address information anymore, wouldnt like to be bothered by some freako calling me up due to C64 crap from the 80s too.

The idea of removing personal data from the releases themselves is absolutely unrealistic, furthermore anyone who ever published his real address in a public release which is spread world wide has to face the consequences by himself. Noone would be addressed for pirating software anyhow, and parents getting called by phone.. what the fuck? Their son was a pirate in the 80s/90s...harharhar

I'm sorry, but you really are an idiot, rough, you are putting tons of private information on your very ugly and useless emucrap website and now you claim "well you put your name+address in a demo in 1988, so you give up *every* right on your personal info", are you crazy?

and you *still* havent removed my full name from your site after I asked you nicely more than once.

so stop putting ppl in awkward positions, cause you are behaving like a fucking narc. remove *all* personal info from *everybody* unless they have given you explicit permission.
2007-09-24 10:52
Rough
Account closed

any information which connects your personal info/name with your C64 nick-name is gone from Pirate's Portal, like you requested.

And why should I bother being called an idiot by someone whose stupid-smoked personality is obvious in every step of his Spankerz Heaven homepage. Take a look at the childish content in the posts of SH and then take a good thought.
2007-09-24 10:59
Burglar

Quote: any information which connects your personal info/name with your C64 nick-name is gone from Pirate's Portal, like you requested.

And why should I bother being called an idiot by someone whose stupid-smoked personality is obvious in every step of his Spankerz Heaven homepage. Take a look at the childish content in the posts of SH and then take a good thought.

yes you did remove part if it, but yet my full real name is still on the people page. you even claimed you could not edit that.

I'm calling you an idiot as you still do not understand the importance of privacy these days, you as a fellow scener should understand that.

Reading your bullshit here shows you are indeed an idiot.
2007-09-24 11:13
Rough
Account closed

Listen, boy, if you don't get it that my statement about "parents who dont have to complain cos their son was a pirate" is a JOKE, that ain't my fault, complain to your mum, your wife, whomever, I don't care.

edit: and to make it clear for the slow ones: of course privacy is important for people who are now adults e.g. in their jobs when it is possible to find out via the net that the person they might want to take over was a software pirate which isnt seen as nothing nowadays, but instead as economical crime.
2007-09-24 11:27
Trazan

Addinf infos based on disknotes made in the 80/90s today on CSDB is of no use really. I personally do only add Hometown and Name to ppl, more is really not needed.
The scener/person itself should add more infos if he likes to him/herself.

Rough is doing a good job adding valuable entries to CSDB in order to preserve the scene we all took part of one way or another, but putting more info than needed is of no use - nor is calling eachother names in here. Really.

2007-09-24 11:37
Hein

I'd not add any address (besides country) and telephone details. I'm not sure about the full name. To take privacy to the max, I would not add other people's full name either. I've not been a cracker, so personally I do not worry about my full name being here, but I can imagine other people do.
2007-09-24 11:39
Scout

Quote:

edit: and to make it clear for the slow ones: of course privacy is important for people who are now adults e.g. in their jobs when it is possible to find out via the net that the person they might want to take over was a software pirate which isnt seen as nothing nowadays, but instead as economical crime.

And that's the issue here.
If somebody from the crackingscene is involved, don't add their full names to their csdb-profiles or on your own personal page.
Some people have moved on in their lives or are still active in another scene. Such info on a public website might get them into trouble.
That's not that difficult to understand?
2007-09-24 11:42
chancer

scout.. i would have sent u a birthday/xmas card.. but i never had your address.. sorry m8.

so i figure i owe u 12 years worth? lol

for me , certain people i have no problem with them knowing me.. as i count them as friends.. but people who u don't know?!?! nah
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Andy/AEG
TheRyk/MYD!
No-XS
kbs/Pht/Lxt
niallquinn
acrouzet/G★P