Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Discussions > downvoting
2008-11-26 21:33
celticdesign

downvoting

howdy sceners,

i dont know if this was discussed before, but i am worried about this topic for a while now.
downvoting seems to be a real pleasure for some beings. but it doesnt make sense at all and falsfied the statistics. i know, there`s no accounting about taste. but is there any reason, for e.g., voting that less for maniacs of noise? just have a closer look to their stats! 4 votes, yet, with only 1 and 2 given points are really a joke to me!! surely for others too. this applies also for alot of other pretty cool productions.
however, maybe this rubbish may be stopped by changing the vote rules!?
some things that crossed my mind...
voting less then 5 points shouldnt be possible with an hidden pseudonym. the "TOP" categories should be separated by the release of year. an all time favourite list for each category can co-exist for sure :-)
i personally think that it does not make sense comparing demos from 2008 with demos from 1998 oder 1988.
Voting less then 5 points should be stated with a comment. week-minded comments and/or votes should be deleted by the admins.

there are for sure many other things that could be changed for a fair ranking and voting system. maybe i am absolutely wrong or just getting old (or both).
however, just post your ideas and comments. i am really curious ...

peace and keep on rockin`
2008-11-26 21:52
Mace

Voting is the most flawed feature of CSDb.
It is pure and simple FAIL.

There have been numerous discussions about voting, downvoting, upvoting and statistics.
They all end in disagreement.

I don't vote.
And I don't care about the statistics based on the votes.
2008-11-26 22:16
HCL

I think there is only one way to deal with this: Don't take the voting too seriously. There is no such thing as a fair voting system.

<edit> ..and besides, i'm currently #1 so don't f**kn change anything!! ;) </edit>
2008-11-27 07:08
Oswald

"the "TOP" categories should be separated by the release of year. an all time favourite list for each category can co-exist for sure "

that would be a very nice feature.

"..and besides, i'm currently #1 so don't f**kn change anything!! "

nah, just do as you said: dont take voting too seriously ;)
2008-11-27 12:53
chatGPZ

infact the voting is completely artificial and all statistics are randomly generated.
2008-11-27 14:39
daison

Quote: I think there is only one way to deal with this: Don't take the voting too seriously. There is no such thing as a fair voting system.

<edit> ..and besides, i'm currently #1 so don't f**kn change anything!! ;) </edit>

Lol :)

The (immortal) judges seem to suddenly gain on you though...
2008-12-01 10:40
cavey

three words for the vote bitchers:

GET A LIFE

instead of complaining about the votes. It is there for a fun fact. Don't like it? Don't vote, or actually DO vote and make it to your liking! Rally people. It's a democratic thing.

Celtic, as you already say: There's no accounting about taste... some like it, some don't.

2008-12-01 12:46
Scout

There is no fun-fact in voting...especially here at csdb.

The voting system is (ab)used to settle old wars, start new ones or to 'correct' people when they wrote something in the forums/comments that didn't agree with the likings of the (down)voter.

That's why the voting results of, for example, sceners are not realistic here and should be ignored.
2008-12-01 14:46
cavey

sounds like a fun factor to me :P who gives a shit about votes. So people who don't like my comments will downvote me... well, what is the big deal Scout?

There is no big deal, just the CSDb drama that is starting to become usual to me too. More bitches, less usefulness :P

Does anyone actually USE the votes/resulting ratings for "oooh, what demo shall I watch this time?" "Which crack shall I try now?" _MY_ assumption is that everybody will have their favourites anyways.

That would actually supply a base for the votes to be useful.
2008-12-01 21:34
Moloch

Ah yes, down voting some after they say something you don't like in a posting. Sounds a lot like this "assiduous" clown from my own experiences here on CSDb.
2008-12-01 22:13
TPM

Quote: sounds like a fun factor to me :P who gives a shit about votes. So people who don't like my comments will downvote me... well, what is the big deal Scout?

There is no big deal, just the CSDb drama that is starting to become usual to me too. More bitches, less usefulness :P

Does anyone actually USE the votes/resulting ratings for "oooh, what demo shall I watch this time?" "Which crack shall I try now?" _MY_ assumption is that everybody will have their favourites anyways.

That would actually supply a base for the votes to be useful.

There are a lot of anyone's favourites, which i didn't know or remember. E.g. Think Twice III & V last week in the top-10. Watched it, enjoyed it and c'est ca. True, the voting system actually supplies a base to be useful :)

... 28 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
instant
angelo/kskpd
Jetboy/Elysium
DJ Gruby/TRiAD
JackAsser/Booze Design
Guests online: 74