Log inRegister an accountBrowse CSDbHelp & documentationFacts & StatisticsThe forumsAvailable RSS-feeds on CSDbSupport CSDb Commodore 64 Scene Database
 Welcome to our latest new user jmi ! (Registered 2024-09-15) You are not logged in - nap
CSDb User Forums

Forums > CSDb Entries > Release id #141198 : Refugees Welcome
2015-09-16 11:56
Bitbreaker

Release id #141198 : Refugees Welcome

I heard, this release needs an extra discussion thread, now go and throw shit everyone :-D

... 49 posts hidden. Click here to view all posts....

2015-09-17 22:39
wysiwtf

i hear some even come from pc countries and i also heard they are an uncivilized bunch of resource wasting bastards. we cannot let them infiltrate our system!!1one
2015-09-18 00:28
The Phantom

A great read... Thanks everyone...

Not that I want to get involved, but we've the same problem here in America. Obama just let them in and released them all over the country.

The problem I have with this is they drain an already abused system. Can't speak a lick of English, unless, of course, it benefits them.

We "only" have what, 11 million illegal immigrants in our country.

Our motto should be:
"Come to the USA illegally. We'll give you a license, food stamps, home and everything your heart desires."

Our own people don't get treated as well as illegals do and sadly, something is wrong with that.
2015-09-18 06:52
Axis/Oxyron
Account closed

Quoting The Phantom
We "only" have what, 11 million illegal immigrants in our country.

I´m pretty sure, when I ask a native american, he will tell me that there are 318 mio. illegal immigrants in his country.
Oops, was that me thinking or typing?
2015-09-18 08:07
Moloch

As a native American I can tell you that it doesn't matter what we think, our peoples were conquered in war. Just like so many other peoples all over the world ...

Any sovereign nation has the right to close their borders, these "refugees" don't have any footing to demand entrance, etc.
2015-09-18 08:34
Smasher

and everything started with aliens civilizing our world in 5000 B.C. in Egypt.
trainer menu:
"do you want to play with that theory?"
"do you prefer to play with the maya one instead?"
"do you want to reset hiscore?" <- this trainer always gives the cracker some extra points...
:)
2015-09-18 11:35
CreaMD

Quote: As a native American I can tell you that it doesn't matter what we think, our peoples were conquered in war. Just like so many other peoples all over the world ...

Any sovereign nation has the right to close their borders, these "refugees" don't have any footing to demand entrance, etc.

"Any sovereign nation has the right to close their borders, these "refugees" don't have any footing to demand entrance, etc."

That's exactly what Hungary is doing and for what Hungary is being blamed. Europe is currently in moral panic, let's hope there won't be another Hitler born to use the oportunity...
2015-09-18 13:41
The Overkiller
Account closed

Quoting ZeSmasher
when I saw your entry I indeed thought "oh noes, not here as well!".
greetz! Ze'

Me too ......
2015-09-19 11:16
TheRyk

Quote: nooo! those atari refugees will code c64 demos for less money and we'll all get jobless soonish...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUTnNKhF-EU

Otherwise, I belong to the people who do care about the situation. You see it on TV and in the news 24-7 and it's real, refugee crowds on the streets waiting in front of authorities became huge recently, there's a lot of chaos, there's xenophophia in Germany (rather less than more than in other EU countries) but also a lot of help and understanding.

However, I could also do fine without moralizing demos or even discussing politics in c64-related forums. Judging from my experience, mostly on forum64.de, politics and C64 forums do not go together very well. Weirdos with extreme opinions clash, normally reasonable people take sides. And in the end, there's always a big deal of drama, flaming, bloodshed, censorship, ragequitting, banning... Hmh, okay, having typed that, I change my mind: Actually you can never have enough of that, so keep it up ;)
2015-09-20 19:23
Frantic

It is one thing to discuss C64 releases and how a political message might give this or that release a particular quality or appearance and other thing to embark on purely political discussions of issues that has nothing to do with the C64 or the C64 scene. This thread seem to be leaning towards the latter now — at least in some of the posts — so maybe it is time to close it? (There is a whole internet for discussions like that.)
2015-09-21 06:34
Bitbreaker

Quote: It is one thing to discuss C64 releases and how a political message might give this or that release a particular quality or appearance and other thing to embark on purely political discussions of issues that has nothing to do with the C64 or the C64 scene. This thread seem to be leaning towards the latter now — at least in some of the posts — so maybe it is time to close it? (There is a whole internet for discussions like that.)

The scene is international, and actually open to any competitors of any nation and we are glad to welcome guests from other nations on demo parties. There's also challenged people in the scene, and also people with different sexual preferences. All without any big hassle. So it is in some point pretty close to the question what is wrong with welcoming people from other nations. I thought it is the most normal thing in the scene but learnt it to be the other way round now? :-D
Previous - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 - Next
RefreshSubscribe to this thread:

You need to be logged in to post in the forum.

Search the forum:
Search   for   in  
All times are CET.
Search CSDb
Advanced
Users Online
Darkflight
Guests online: 115
Top Demos
1 Next Level  (9.7)
2 13:37  (9.7)
3 Coma Light 13  (9.7)